The official Oldiesfreak thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:40:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The official Oldiesfreak thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The official Oldiesfreak thread  (Read 31545 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: February 05, 2013, 10:50:47 AM »

I'd say what current party leaders believe is more important than some people who are all dead today.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 03:10:51 PM »

Tangent: Anyone wish Oldiesfreak was here in 2008? Especially during the primary.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 11:19:58 AM »

One of the most massive HPs ever to set foot in Congress.  A bad comedian, a potty mouth, and an election thief who honestly is too extreme to be taken seriously in politics.  And ironically, he is also one of the lying liars who tells lies that he's so fond of putting down.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 06:24:40 PM »

We'll miss you, but if you care about equal rights so much, they why aren't you still a Republican like me?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 11:24:11 PM »

The problem is that is not at all funny. (OK the video alone sort of is but it's presence in this thread has no relevance and doesn't make any more funny. It'd be like me posting this again.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 11:29:53 PM »

The problem is that is not at all funny. (OK the video alone sort of is but it's presence in this thread has no relevance and doesn't make any more funny. It'd be like me posting this again.)

It's the "Oldies is black" meme.

Well of course. It just doesn't particularly work here. The video I posted above also had some relevance to who I was posting it too but that didn't make it any less stupid (You weren't on the forum when that was going on.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 11:59:13 AM »
« Edited: February 27, 2013, 12:04:45 PM by All Our Bruised Bodies And The Whole Heart Shrinks »

Classical- Democratic due to the large amount of academic/professor types that usually like classical

I'd actually say that classical is Lean R despite its intellectual bent, seeing as the largest audience is still country club olds.  Go to your local symphony, and the ads in the program are going to mostly be for "active living senior communities" and trust funds.  Oh, and luxury cars.

The musicians themselves, of course, are about super-safe D as can be.
So are the country club olds you mentioned.

Not if my family is any indication.  And they're from New Jersey, where one would expect to find a higher-than-average percentage of liberals among country club olds.
Your family is probably not any indication.
Country- Strong Republican
Pop- Democrat
Post-grunge- Democrat
Pop Punk- Strong Democrat
Hardcore Punk- Strong Democrat
Metalcore- Strong Democrat, but with some Libertarian mixed in as well
Christian Hardcore- Lean Democrat
Christian Contemporary- Lean Republican (not Strong R since many fundamentalist denominations, mine included, are against it)
Classical- Strong Democrat
Heavy Metal- Democrat
Death Metal- Democrat
Black Metal- Strong Democrat
Post-hardcore- Democrat
Grindcore- Democrat
Emoviolence- Democrat
Christian Emoviolence- Lean Democrat
Reggae- Strong Democrat, but with some Libertarians and Greens mixed in.
Indie Rock- Strong Democrat
Electronic- Democrat
Classic Rock- About even, maybe Lean Democrat (Republican if I'm any indicator)
Post-Rock- Democrat

Classical- Democratic due to the large amount of academic/professor types that usually like classical

I'd actually say that classical is Lean R despite its intellectual bent, seeing as the largest audience is still country club olds.  Go to your local symphony, and the ads in the program are going to mostly be for "active living senior communities" and trust funds.  Oh, and luxury cars.

The musicians themselves, of course, are about super-safe D as can be.
So are the country club olds you mentioned.

So Republicans basically listen to nothing but country?
Yep.  Most musicians outside of country tend to be very liberal, so I don't see why very many people who aren't liberals would listen to their music.

Even though I'm primarily posting this for the last line, there's tons of amusing Oldiesfreak-esque bits before it too that are quite a bit more subtle (I think he also proved that he clearly doesn't know what "black metal" is.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 12:58:41 AM »

Interesting poll result, re: oldiesfreaks' incorrect historical opinions:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/02/kansas-miscellany.html
My historical opinions are not incorrect.  You simlly say they are because you don't like them.

They are correct in the sense that they are historically. They are simply irrelevant. This is equivalent to someone rooting against Germany's sports teams in international competitions because they believe Germany is an evil, racist, anti-Semitic nation.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 10:03:34 AM »

No, they're not irrelevant.  It doesn't matter whether or not Democrats support slavery/segregation now, because no rational person in either party would want to bring either of those things back.  What matters is how the parties stood on those issies when they existed.  When they existed, slavery and segregation were both supported by Democrats and opposed by Republicans.  Doesn't that ever give you pause, at least for a moment? 

No it doesn't.  Not even for a moment. And if you note, you are literally the only person on the forum for whom you seem to care about this (and that includes other Republicans.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 10:15:24 PM »

No, they're not irrelevant.  It doesn't matter whether or not Democrats support slavery/segregation now, because no rational person in either party would want to bring either of those things back.  What matters is how the parties stood on those issies when they existed.  When they existed, slavery and segregation were both supported by Democrats and opposed by Republicans.  Doesn't that ever give you pause, at least for a moment?

No it doesn't.  Not even for a moment. And if you note, you are literally the only person on the forum for whom you seem to care about this (and that includes other Republicans.)
Why not?  Don't you even care that America's greatest president (Lincoln) was from the opposite party (my party), even if it was a long time ago?  It doesn't matter how long ago it was, I don't want to associate myself with a party that has a history as racist as the Democrats' is.  Please explain to me why the great things Democrats did are so much better than the great things Republicans did, and while you're at it, please also explain why the awful things Republicans did are so much worse than the awful things Democrats did. 

No, it does not matter. The parties' histories mean NOTHING to mean. Zero, zilch, nada. That's the way it is for the vast majority of people too. I only vote on the parties today, how they were decades ago will NEVER affect my vote. Ever.

Think of what you think of Al Franken. That's what I think of Michele Bachmann. Now if I lived in her district, should I then think "Well this woman absolutely disgusts me and every single thing she stands for...but she is from the same party as Abraham Lincoln, and not the party that used to have a lot of now dead segregationists. I guess I'm voting for her."
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 02:08:57 AM »

Why dont' the parties' histories mean anything?

Because it is not in any way relevant to the type of policies they will enact today.

And even if the segregationists were dead, they were still Democrats.

And that is not in any way relevant to the policies the parties will enact today.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 12:31:05 AM »

People seriously didn't catch Torie as sarcastic?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 12:49:09 AM »

I have to say, I do love how even other blue avatars are piling on Oldiesfreak over this.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 12:18:44 AM »

Probably the best part of that is the addition of SpongeBob. I mean WTF?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies