Have people outside the US always overwhelmingly favored Democrats in US elections? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:38:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Have people outside the US always overwhelmingly favored Democrats in US elections? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Have people outside the US always overwhelmingly favored Democrats in US elections?  (Read 1094 times)
Hnv1
YaBB God

« on: March 24, 2023, 12:28:26 PM »

The bonkers Christian right is really something Sui generis American. The solid Christian centre-right in Europe can’t see a like to like there.

I think Reagan v. Carter was the last time the western world generally favoured a Republican. I guess there’s something about the American south as well
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 04:20:55 AM »

The bonkers Christian right is really something Sui generis American. The solid Christian centre-right in Europe can’t see a like to like there.

I think Reagan v. Carter was the last time the western world generally favoured a Republican. I guess there’s something about the American south as well

I think it was more 1988 the last time the Western world definitely preferred a Republican. Bush Sr. was quite respected and well seen in Europe, for example.

Would Europeans have mainly favored Bush or Clinton in 1992? I know Bush was seen as a strong foreign policy President, which hurt him at home because he was seen as overly focused on foreign policy while the economy was failing, but did it help him in Europe?
I recall 1992 as being the least interesting cycle viewed from abroad. It was basically I wonder how much will Perot win. Clinton was a nobody and Bush after the Gulf War and the breakdown of the USSR was seen as a bit archaic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies