If there are any remotely rational, empathetic Republicans left... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:00:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If there are any remotely rational, empathetic Republicans left... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If there are any remotely rational, empathetic Republicans left...  (Read 3332 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: October 03, 2013, 11:43:33 PM »

If the Dems are 60s radicals what the HELL does that make the bats*** insane GOPers then?

Probably something like Jay Gould, the late 19th century industrialist who once boasted during a routine union-busting exercise, "I can pay half of the working class to kill the other half."
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 12:28:12 AM »

In what universe was the Democratic Party taken over by "60s radicals"?

Not the one where a Goldwater supporter is a near lock to win the next Presidential nomination.

She betrayed Goldwater for the Dems.

You know, some days its hard to be a republican.

Obama passed Obama care, he did a bunch of stuff, he got reelected, okay, then what? I mean, the guy was reelected. Get over it. DOn;t shut down this government because of something The People voted to KEEP in office. Christ almighty. ing tea party is ruining the party I once held so near and dear to my heart and forcing me to switch sides and become a Democrat.

What will this solve? We aren;t getting RID of Obama care. If we wanted to do that, we would have elected Romney, but we didn't, so here it is. Hang it around our necks and OWN it like a hooker owns her reputation.

The People don't want it by massive numbers. The Tea Party is not ruining the GOP. Reid and the Dems shut down the government because they don't want to compromise.

It was Burke who said a elected officials owe their constituents not just their industry but their judgment, and that that judgment was not to be sacrificed to public opinion.

If "The People" didn't want Obamacare, why did they reelect its namesake? Why did more Americans vote for a Democratic House candidate than for a Republican one? If "The People" don't want Obamacare, I'm sure they will vote in a Republican president and a Republican majority in the Senate in 2016 and then Obamacare can be killed in one fell swoop. And if that is the case and Democrats threaten to shut down the government to stop that, I would say they were being just as crazy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies