Shooting at CT elementary school leaves at least 27 dead, 18 of them children (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:12:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Shooting at CT elementary school leaves at least 27 dead, 18 of them children (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shooting at CT elementary school leaves at least 27 dead, 18 of them children  (Read 28475 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: December 14, 2012, 03:46:02 PM »

I don't think any gun control would stop these kind of things... they'll just find a different weapon.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims.

Do you really think he could have knifed 27 people to death? I guess he could have used a crossbow, but that's about it...

I'm support gun control, but the truth are that massacre like this, could still happen. Yes with gun control we would likely not see the standard school shooting where a students shoot other students. But when the killer is a adult, gun control doesn't help a lot (as we can see in the similar cases in Germany). Even in Denmark a country with gun control, I could get access to firearms if I really wanted to. It wouldn't be as easy as in USA and I would need money, but I could get them. Alternative I could make a bomb, again while it demands time and money it would be quite possible.
So this is case is an bad argument for gun control.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 05:34:30 PM »

Horrible. Surely America should restrict guns for those with mental health issues or criminal records? Do gun rights activists like seeing deaths of school children?

Yes they should, but as this was adult committing the mass murder, I'm not sure it's a good case. In general adults can find way to get around gun control, especially if they plan an suicide mission. The important aspect is whether this was spontaneous (here gun control could help) or planned (here only investment in mental institutions can help)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies