Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:40:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)  (Read 42187 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« on: August 12, 2017, 11:13:29 AM »

I see the dregs of society have kindly identified themselves before they run for anything. Excellent.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 06:33:45 PM »

Let me try to add original commentary.

Essentially Trump failed today.

His “many sides” quote was a dog whistle to the alt right and white nationalists. They knew he had to condemn them; they also wanted him to condemn their enemies. So Trump delivered. Note he hasn't commented on the car attack yet. That's deliberate. A fifth of his vote or more came from people who voted on a cultural / racial basis. He's beholden to them because the rest of the country dislikes him. There's a reason Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) called him out on it in Twitter. Notice Rubio, Portman, and others specifically used the terms “white nationalism” or a variation on this.

Doubt these people were Trump voters? Look up “blood and soil“ and ask who they voted for. Look up the pictures of those with MAGA hats and who cheered on Trump. There's a wealth of data for anyone willing to look at it. No the DSA is nowhere as powerful, lol. The Left has been underpowered here but we're not playing that game. This rally wasn't about reparations, wasn't about any of that. It was a white power rally that was intended to signal as such. That's very specifically what the President didn't want to single out and talk about.

In realignment terms however this isn't a good day for the GOP. They needed to denounce this in a much stronger voice and be a lot less unequivocal about who was to blame. They probably pushed some minorities and white voters further away from the GOP and toward the Democratic Party. As I've long noted 90% of the voting Republican coalition is white while 55% of the Democratic coalition is. The GOP's long reliance on the Southern Strategy is coming home to roost. (And has in a way since 2000)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 02:19:42 AM »

The funny thing, there were no American flags or very few while the counterprotestors carried them.

I find that striking.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 10:28:08 AM »

So, who wants to bet Charlottesville becomes a watershed historical moment that helps define the Trump era? Seems a good bet.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 10:38:58 AM »

Love it.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 11:02:28 AM »

For a group so dedicated to beating Democrats and the Left the neo-Nazis and the white supremacists did a great deal to help them yesterday.

Really, how much more could they have done? They demonstrated they were bigots who liked the idea of running down counter protestors with cars and openly doing night time rallies with torches (minus the hoods) while disparaging Jews and non-whites.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 11:11:00 AM »

Did I forget to mention 80% of them were MAGA people? That there were Trump MAGA hats and people professing love for the God Emperor?

Once more they did a bang up job of helping their critics. I for one take pleasure in that. I hope the Neo-Nazis and the white segregationists are shunned and forced into becoming recognized as clearly morally offensive and unworthy to participate in democracy.

The TOS forbids me to say more but you can guess what I would say about these people if I could.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 11:23:17 AM »

Did I forget to mention 80% of them were MAGA people? That there were Trump MAGA hats and people professing love for the God Emperor?

Once more they did a bang up job of helping their critics. I for one take pleasure in that. I hope the Neo-Nazis and the white segregationists are shunned and forced into becoming recognized as clearly morally offensive and unworthy to participate in democracy.

The TOS forbids me to say more but you can guess what I would say about these people if I could.

The TOS forbids you from what? Calling for violence against them?

In the sense I have rather strong opinions against them and would ah, let us say express them pungently. I will say that they are the face of evil. The alt right demonstrated yesterday that they're part of an evil ideology.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 11:28:00 AM »

The people who went to that rally (not the counter protestors) are treasonous filth and are indeed evil. They are the face of the damned and this is the beating heart of the alt right. There that's the TOS acceptable way to say it.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 11:33:08 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2017, 11:34:50 AM by TD »

Can we just all agree white nationalists and Nazis are evil people? And they're probably those who would take up arms against the United States if given half a chance?

Can we also all agree the alt right's beating heart and core is white nationalism?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 11:52:25 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2017, 12:21:21 PM by TD »

Exactly. These people are p***ies.

Note that our resident apologist coward krazen hasn't shown his face in this thread yet. Wonder why.

Probably tired after attending the rally, if he went (and strong probability the guy who declared that there was a “war on whites” could've gone there). Pennsylvania is pretty close to Virginia. Gotta get his rest if so!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies