brace yourself for the tribulation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:52:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  brace yourself for the tribulation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: brace yourself for the tribulation  (Read 22214 times)
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2009, 03:14:55 PM »

Prophet man, eh?

[quote] 15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

~Matt 15-23 (NIV)[/quote]

Even if you take the scriptures in a literal sense - why would you disregard the statements that God only knows when the time will come. (Matt 13:32-37)

Sure, it makes sense even to secular humanists to try and live ethically every day, and for those of faith the be ready for the end - whether it be only their own life or of all, but to claim to know the mind of God is hubris itself.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 09:39:36 PM »

The Book of Revelations is a typical piece of underground apocalyptic resistance literature; there are lots of books just like it from that time period written by both Jewish and Christian authors.  The genre demands that present events be written about as if they were prophetic visions of the author.  They use regular forms of symbols and gematriac code to communicate their message in a way that would have been inaccessble to oppressive political authorities that might have gotten hold of the text.  Revelations was written in the mid '90's of the first century under the stress of several-year long persecution of Christians under emperor Domitian.  Babylon in the text symbolizes the first century Roman empire, and the famed number of the beast, 666 (in some alternative manuscripts 616) is the gematriac value yielded by the name Nero Caesar, who had, according to the Roman historian Tacitus, blamed Christians for the burning of Rome and put to death Jesus' brother James.  In the text, Nero, identified by 666 and 616 in an alternative spelling, is actually a subtle reference to the emperor at the time of the text, Domitian, who was known in his day as "Nero revivified."  The author of Revelations, like most first century Christians, thought the second coming was at hand in his time, and so he didn't write a book about what would happen twenty centuries hence.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2009, 11:47:25 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2009, 12:28:27 AM by pbrower2a »

Prophet man, eh?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Even if you take the scriptures in a literal sense - why would you disregard the statements that God only knows when the time will come. (Matt 13:32-37)

Sure, it makes sense even to secular humanists to try and live ethically every day, and for those of faith the be ready for the end - whether it be only their own life or of all, but to claim to know the mind of God is hubris itself.

I have seen other explanations of the Beast.

One is my favorites is A = 100, B= 101, C= 102... Z =125.

Put them together and you get

107    H
      108    I
      119    T
      111    L
      104    E
 +   117    R   
----------

666  Antichrist/Beast/Satan Incarnate/Scourge of Humanity

But -- the German alphabet really has 29 letters if one counts the umlauted vowels.   Because Jesus was Jewish, never repudiated Judaism, and would have certainly found Hitler the greatest abomination to Him in the future, if Revelation wanted a real monster to warn people about, then that would have been the one.

Some sillier ones include the coincidence that some people have six letters in their first, middle, and family names, such as RONALD WILSON REAGAN... which proves silly now, but I once heard it. "Adolf Alois Hitler" would be 5-5-6... and "Dzhugashvili" really messes things up. I once saw it connected to the title of the Pope -- but that would apply to every Pope. Some Protestants highly hostile to the Roman Catholic Church bring that one up on occasion.

A now-defunct US 666 in the Southwest was known as "the Devil's Highway" -- but as it a narrow highway in a mountainous area it was prone to an inordinate number of traffic fatalities. Whether the re-numbering has reduced any carnage along the highway is in doubt.

Another strange one: should there ever be an Interstate 666 it would most likely be located in or near Washington D.C., the place that the Devil or Antichrist would most want to exercise power from -- far better than, for example, Bern.  Interstate 66 has never been given a spur route, and without the consideration of demonic connotations, the Capital Beltway, inside of which is much of American political activity and bureaucratic decision-making is inside the Beltway. The Capital Beltway could in theory be numbered "666" -- but if anyone came up with that number it was nixed quickly.

I find "Magog" interesting as it suggests "demagogue". Any Antichrist would likely be a political demagogue as well as a false prophet-- but the word demagogue came into existance long after Revelation. 
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 09:27:56 AM »

Yes, yes, silly false prophetman, we all know you're a racist and that you won't feel the least bit silly when none of these predictions of yours come true. Could you just do all of us a favor and crawl back under whatever bridge you came from and leave us civilized folks alone?
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 09:30:39 AM »

That's great, please go hide out in some cave and leaves us the f**k alone.

But I don't wanna go hide in some cave, I'd much rather stay here and expose the man of lawlessness every chance I get.

Here's an example of how the man of lawlessness or people of the devil, works:

Just got through watching on C-Span ol Benjamin Jealous; President of the NAACP, another member of that "man of lawlessness" in this country.

He informed the listeners that that organization had filed lawsuits against 15 banks in this country because of the Sub-prime loans those banks had given African Americans.  Called it "preditory lending".

Of course he failed to mention that it was the NAACP that forced the banks to make those loans available to their people. 
God only knows how much money they'll extort from those banks, which will further worsen America's economic crisis.

"But the judgment shall sit", Daniel 7:26 says, "and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and destroy it unto the end."

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2009, 10:06:21 AM »

prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2009, 10:27:22 AM »

THE MAN OF LAWLESSNESS WANTS YOU!!
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 11:04:01 AM »

LOL, he isn't even denying it. So when is the next Klan meeting? Have you guys decided whose lawn you'll burn a cross on next?
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2009, 12:48:35 PM »

LOL, he isn't even denying it. So when is the next Klan meeting? Have you guys decided whose lawn you'll burn a cross on next?

Has the MAN OF LAWLESSNESS and the NAACP decided yet which will be the next white establishment to extort?, or which white individual to shake down for more money?
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2009, 12:58:32 PM »

LOL, Look everyone!, ol John Dibble isn't even denying it!
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2009, 01:22:04 PM »

Everybody, calm down. This country's been through worse sh!t than this. We're a very resilient nation. I have confidence in the ability of the United States to work through crises.

>>>I have confidence in the ability of the United States to work through crises.<<<

Not this time, friend, I'm sad to say.

We're living at the end of the age where, except for the tribulation period, the sriptures relating to America (Babylon the great) have all been fulfilled.

In the last chapter of Daniel, chapter 12, verse 7, the angel said to Daniel in regards to that man of lawlessness upon America, "and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people (the European American Christians), all these things will be finished."

"Barack Obama and the blacks", who's called "man of lawlessness", are now ruling over the European Americans.  The November election of Obama to the Presidency was the final event which had to be fulfilled before the tribulation.

I could make a similar case that the rise of Karl Rove was no less troublesome. Dubya was merely his puppet, and Rove intended to rule through his power as Party Boss indefinitely through his "majority of a majority" system. Big manufacturers would become importers, wrecking the working class, military contractors would get continuing (but profitable) wars from which to derive extreme profits, and the big banks would push predatory lending to impoverish the middle class who would have to borrow to keep up appearance in a time of declining real pay. Those with enhanced profits would become avid supporters; the GOP would promise an abortion ban, creationism, and school prayer to the Religious Right; people in areas that "voted wrong" would find that if they wanted service with their taxation that they would have to vote the Right way.

The Party Boss as the real ruler and all other politics as a rubberstamp? That's how Stalin did things, although with far more terror.

Lawlessness? I see no evidence that Barack Obama is soft on crime. He introduced a tough anti-drug law in the Senate: it attacks methamphetamine manufacturing and distribution. Sure, meth is a "white people's drug" -- tough! But look at the Bush administration, and I see an administration that gamed the Constitution as no prior administration ever dreamed of. It also lied to get America into a war -- which could be interpreted as a war crime. So far Obama has shown copious respect for legal formalities, including those that protect human rights. Obama is an attorney by training, and it shows.

Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2009, 01:37:34 PM »

Has the MAN OF LAWLESSNESS and the NAACP decided yet which will be the next white establishment to extort?, or which white individual to shake down for more money?

not even sure I should ask this question, but since Acts 17:26 says, "26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."...why are you focused on the black man?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2009, 02:06:55 PM »

The fact that you blame the NAACP and black people for the economic crisis shows just how blatantly ignorant and racist you are. Your judgment is so screwed up because of the hatred and prejudice that you hold in your heart that one can't help but pity you.

LOL, Look everyone!, ol John Dibble isn't even denying it!

Oh, yes, clearly because I didn't respond in ten minutes means I'm not denying it! I couldn't possibly have been out to lunch. No, I have to be here, reading this forum every minute of every day!

As far as I can recall, you've never once denied your racism, but maybe that's because you know deep down that you can't.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2009, 04:33:29 PM »

That's great, please go hide out in some cave and leaves us the f**k alone.

But I don't wanna go hide in some cave, I'd much rather stay here and expose the man of lawlessness every chance I get.

Here's an example of how the man of lawlessness or people of the devil, works:

Just got through watching on C-Span ol Benjamin Jealous; President of the NAACP, another member of that "man of lawlessness" in this country.

He informed the listeners that that organization had filed lawsuits against 15 banks in this country because of the Sub-prime loans those banks had given African Americans.  Called it "preditory lending".

Of course he failed to mention that it was the NAACP that forced the banks to make those loans available to their people. 
God only knows how much money they'll extort from those banks, which will further worsen America's economic crisis.

"But the judgment shall sit", Daniel 7:26 says, "and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and destroy it unto the end."

Those predatory lenders were equal-opportunity... destroyers. They showed no bigotry: they were as willing to grab application fees from anyone who wanted to borrow money for any purpose. White? Black? Brown? Yellow? The corrupt Bush Administration pushed those loans as an anodyne to people to conceal the fact that its economic policies had gutted industrial employment, the most reliable means of getting into the middle-income group that buys houses and new cars.

The Federal Reserve offered loose, cheap money to lenders who then offered it on whatever terms were most profitable. Indeed, predatory lending looked more profitable than the usual sort of staid lending to customers whom bankers preferred to lend to in sane times: people who merited low-interest loans because of their reliability and soundness of business. Getting a 20-point spread between the Fed's discount rate and a borrower's interest rate looks very profitable. That's before one looks at the nastiest loans allowed by law -- the payday-loan scam.   

Benjamin "Jealous"? Head of the NAACP?

The NAACP wasn't in charge of those ruined banks.

You are the one who shows jealousy. You think that successful blacks are the menace to your white privilege. Guess what? Your white privilege was a myth created by your exploiters.

I have nothing but anger at those who did great damage to the American economy, setting it back perhaps as many as thirty years through outright fraud. Most of those people were white... and they show neither shame nor remorse... but they did show greed, recklessness, and selfishness when they were flying high on a scam.

I remember when bankers were the cautionaries of our economy -- the ones who forced people to show some realism in their dreams of turning other people's money into their fortunes or their "good life". They kept many wild dreams from materializing -- but they also kept many people from getting into financial trouble. They told people to save more so that they would have more collateral to put up. They told people to hold onto jobs that seemed unpromising except as a source of income if they wanted to buy a house. They told people to wait. Those bankers were the least entrepreneurial of business people -- and they were ill-paid compared to their counterparts in manufacturing. Those bankers drove nice cars seized from defaulting debtors.

The cautious bankers couldn't compete with people who threw caution to the wind because they themselves were dealing in other people's money. That's what happens when people get high pay for originating bad loans. When the bankers were the bars to questionable loans, bank employees who originated bad loans were fired, and they usually had to find some other employment -- like waiting tables or checking at a supermarket.

prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2009, 06:59:46 AM »

Everybody, calm down. This country's been through worse sh!t than this. We're a very resilient nation. I have confidence in the ability of the United States to work through crises.

>>>I have confidence in the ability of the United States to work through crises.<<<

We're living at the end of the age where, except for the tribulation period, the sriptures relating to America (Babylon the great) have all been fulfilled.

In the last chapter of Daniel, chapter 12, verse 7, the angel said to Daniel in regards to that man of lawlessness upon America, "and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people (the European American Christians), all these things will be finished."

"Barack Obama and the blacks", who's called "man of lawlessness", are now ruling over the European Americans.  The November election of Obama to the Presidency was the final event which had to be fulfilled before the tribulation.

I could make a similar case that the rise of Karl Rove was no less troublesome. Dubya was merely his puppet, and Rove intended to rule through his power as Party Boss indefinitely through his "majority of a majority" system. Big manufacturers would become importers, wrecking the working class, military contractors would get continuing (but profitable) wars from which to derive extreme profits, and the big banks would push predatory lending to impoverish the middle class who would have to borrow to keep up appearance in a time of declining real pay. Those with enhanced profits would become avid supporters; the GOP would promise an abortion ban, creationism, and school prayer to the Religious Right; people in areas that "voted wrong" would find that if they wanted service with their taxation that they would have to vote the Right way.

The Party Boss as the real ruler and all other politics as a rubberstamp? That's how Stalin did things, although with far more terror.

Lawlessness? I see no evidence that Barack Obama is soft on crime. He introduced a tough anti-drug law in the Senate: it attacks methamphetamine manufacturing and distribution. Sure, meth is a "white people's drug" -- tough! But look at the Bush administration, and I see an administration that gamed the Constitution as no prior administration ever dreamed of. It also lied to get America into a war -- which could be interpreted as a war crime. So far Obama has shown copious respect for legal formalities, including those that protect human rights. Obama is an attorney by training, and it shows.

>>>Lawlessness?  I see no evidence that Barack Obama is soft on crime.<<<

The "man of lawlessness" spoken of in scriptures is NOT a single individual man, but rather a race of "man" that's upon America/Babylon.  Technically they are the race which descended from Cain, who himself is referred to as the man of lawlessness.
Paul in 11Thes.2 also referred to them as "man of sin" and "son of perdition".

And Paul said that in the latter years that race would "oppose" and "exalt" themselves above the European Americans.

So you see, it's not about Barack Obama exclusively, it's about ALL African Americans who, as "a people" are that "man of lawlessness".  In fact Daniel in chapter 9 called them, "the people of the prince".

"And the people of the prince that shall come, shall destroy "the city" and the sanctuary", Daniel said.
The "city" of which he was referring is none other than Babylon, ie AMERICA.  (Rev.17:18)

Make no mistake about it, When Barack Obama won the Presidency, ALL African Americans, ie, that "man of lawlessness" won.

prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2009, 07:18:50 AM »
« Edited: February 17, 2009, 09:03:24 AM by prophetman »

not even sure I should ask this question, but since Acts 17:26 says, "26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."...why are you focused on the black man?

>>>From one man he made every nation of men...<<<

That is NOT what Acts 17:26 says in the King James Authorized version of the Bible.

It says "(God) hath made of one blood (of human blood) all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation."

All races of man DID NOT spring from Adam and Eve.  GOD created on the 6th day, the different races, ie, the black man of Africa, the yellow man of the Orient, the Indians of India, etc.

On the 7th day God rested. 
Afterwards, He created the Adamic CAUCASIAN man of whom God's chosen people (the house of Israel) descended, AND of whom God's Son was born.

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2009, 09:56:32 AM »

>>>From one man he made every nation of men...<<<

That is NOT what Acts 17:26 says in the King James Authorized version of the Bible.

It says "(God) hath made of one blood (of human blood) all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation."

All races of man DID NOT spring from Adam and Eve.  GOD created on the 6th day, the different races, ie, the black man of Africa, the yellow man of the Orient, the Indians of India, etc.

Afterwards, He created the Adamic CAUCASIAN man of whom God's chosen people (the house of Israel) descended, AND of whom God's Son was born.

I knew I should not have asked that question
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2009, 10:17:28 AM »

I have reported you to the moderator for RACIST HATE SPEECH, surely a violation of the terms of posting in these forums.

Moderator: You are welcome to delete any or all of this post as is appropriate so that the hateful content within the citation be removed should you elect to remove all or part of the posts of "prophetman". I suggest also that this one thread be closed to further posting. 
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2009, 10:19:41 AM »

Rom 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned" (KJV)

so, it was the white Adam that sinned, but the black, yellow, and Indian Adams didn't sin?
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2009, 11:02:46 AM »
« Edited: February 17, 2009, 11:04:54 AM by prophetman »

I have reported you to the moderator for RACIST HATE SPEECH, surely a violation of the terms of posting in these forums.

Moderator: You are welcome to delete any or all of this post as is appropriate so that the hateful content within the citation be removed should you elect to remove all or part of the posts of "prophetman". I suggest also that this one thread be closed to further posting. 

There is NO racism in my speech.
I'm merely interpreting whom that man of lawlessness is that's upon Babylon/America, and blacks are the only ones who fit that profile.

Granted it's not popular teaching, but it's the TRUTH nontheless.....the TRUTH of which Paul said in 11Thes.2, this generation would not believe.

prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2009, 11:12:34 AM »

I have also stated that whites are "the harlot" that's upon Babylon/America.
Do you take offence at that as well?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2009, 11:51:14 AM »

I'm merely interpreting whom that man of lawlessness is that's upon Babylon/America, and blacks are the only ones who fit that profile.

Granted it's not popular teaching, but it's the TRUTH nontheless.....the TRUTH of which Paul said in 11Thes.2, this generation would not believe.

If you're not racist by your definition....please explain what "racism" means.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2009, 01:57:44 PM »

Rom 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned" (KJV)

so, it was the white Adam that sinned, but the black, yellow, and Indian Adams didn't sin?
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2009, 03:10:12 PM »

If you're not racist by your definition....please explain what "racism" means.

Racism simply means hatred for people of another race.

I don't have said hatred for black Americans , nor for any race of people in America for that matter.

I simply tell the TRUTH about African Americans, based upon what the prophetic scriptures say about them, and based upon what I've seen out of them over the last half of this century.  But, that TRUTH has nothing to do with hatred of them because of their race.

I could just as well list some TRUTHS about we white Americans, base upon what the scriptures say about us, and based upon what I've seen out of our people over the last half of this century.  The picture isn't pretty I can assure you.

Were I to do that, would you call me racist against my own people?

prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2009, 03:26:41 PM »

As I stated before, God created the other races of man BEFORE he created the Adamic/caucasian man.

With that, you need to read the following verses 13 and 14 of Romans 5.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies