A fun fact about billionaires. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:53:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A fun fact about billionaires. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A fun fact about billionaires.  (Read 1860 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« on: September 12, 2014, 04:32:34 PM »

Six too many.

Billionaires should not exist. And neither should millionaires, for that matter. It is disgusting that, in a nation with so many impoverished, that any person would have an income so stratospheric as to allow themselves mansions and private jets while many do not have proper food or shelter. The billionaire and the millionaire are class enemies that should be dealt with in the appropriate manner.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 04:58:45 PM »

Is Simfan making up numbers again in the absence of a GM?

Wouldn't be entirely surprising, given his own fact free tenure as GM.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 04:27:11 PM »

Psst, this is only for hedge fund managers.

Hedge fund managers are the only people who have cash incomes that large.

Since when do other earned assets not count as effective income? This wasn't stipulated. There are many others who earned much more in 2013 than the guys on your list.

That is true, but they saw larger increases in net worth rather than in terms of taxable income. We could only tax capital gains.

Perhaps I've missed a Senate debate that revolves around taxable income? I assumed you posted this as an out-of-the-blue defense/rebuttal against the notion that the accumulation of wealth to an extent is harmful to the economy. Yet those effects would be similar whether it is taxable or not - and perhaps, it could be argued that accumulation of non-taxable income is even riskier (due to there being no government mechanism that ensures some redistribution through taxes).

At any rate, we can't be sure how many billionaires or how many people earned a billion dollars last year in Atlasia, due to the fact that the country has taken a fundamentally different course over the past 10 years in regards to economic policy. This is why the office of Game Moderator is important.

The post was in reference to the proposal of a 100% on all income greater than $1 billion. Indeed, that is exactly why the office of GM is important. Alas, when I made steps towards doing just that, I was ousted by your party.

>molds unemployment numbers and other numbers to fit his own ideological/political agenda
>complains about politics elsewhere

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies