Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 04:56:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Roy Moore (R)

Doug Jones (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 189

Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread  (Read 128883 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« on: December 08, 2017, 06:53:23 PM »

Gravis *still* hasn't put out their poll. Maybe the "big shift" puts Jones up 10.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 01:22:56 PM »

Dothan is one area I'd expect to be unequivocally in Moore's corner.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 09:34:08 AM »

We now know that Nelson has lied about the notations in the yearbook.  

Can you please quote her lie? Video or text, doesn't matter. Thanks.

Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 05:19:38 PM »

I was waiting for one of you to ask that. Thank you. I refer you to the leftist Bible the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/roy-moore-accuser-amends-part-of-her-account-about-inscription/2017/12/08/d7a8acd8-dc43-11e7-b1a8-62589434a581_story.html?utm_term=.c4b87f7918ac

In that article the author stated

“In her initial statement Nelson said that Moore had written the entire inscription in her yearbook. ‘He wrote in my yearbook as follows,’ “Nelson said ‘To a sweater and more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas 1977.  Love Roy Moore, Olde Hickory House.’ “ “and he signed it ‘Roy Moore D.A.’”

Thus, she admitted she lied about Moore writing the second date and the restaurant name.

Earlier in the article the author noted that Nelson was not among the women the Post had interviewed.  I would say that is called distancing.

So her "lie" was saying "Olde Hickory House" as she read out the inscription, including everything that was written and signed by Moore?

And that, to you, invalidates her claim and all of the other claims about Roy Moore's assaulting and pursuing young girls? 
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 05:55:25 PM »

I was waiting for one of you to ask that. Thank you. I refer you to the leftist Bible the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/roy-moore-accuser-amends-part-of-her-account-about-inscription/2017/12/08/d7a8acd8-dc43-11e7-b1a8-62589434a581_story.html?utm_term=.c4b87f7918ac

In that article the author stated

“In her initial statement Nelson said that Moore had written the entire inscription in her yearbook. ‘He wrote in my yearbook as follows,’ “Nelson said ‘To a sweater and more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas 1977.  Love Roy Moore, Olde Hickory House.’ “ “and he signed it ‘Roy Moore D.A.’”

Thus, she admitted she lied about Moore writing the second date and the restaurant name.

Earlier in the article the author noted that Nelson was not among the women the Post had interviewed.  I would say that is called distancing.

So her "lie" was saying "Olde Hickory House" as she read out the inscription, including everything that was written and signed by Moore?

And that, to you, invalidates her claim and all of the other claims about Roy Moore's assaulting and pursuing young girls? 

Are you not thinking? The author said she said he had written the entire inscription.  He did not put that in quotes.  If you say the lack of quotes indicates that she was not implying the second date was written by him,  you are not thinking or analyzing very well. Why would he have ever written the date twice.

The question then arises to the signature and the D.A.  She obviously embellished  Did she embellish what he did to her?

Again, I missed the quote where she said "he wrote the entire inscription." Can you help me find that? I see the paraphrase.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 07:45:49 PM »

Please do not involve yourself in mental gymnastics like that.  It is not becoming. Even the author of the article does not do that.  By distancing from her, he clearly shows he realizes the danger Nelson poses to Jones.

It's becoming clear that you lied about what she claimed or didn't claim at the initial press conference. If you lied about that, what else could you have lied about? Why should we believe your claim that you were assaulted as a teenager when you fudged the truth here?
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 09:19:29 PM »

What year will Moore become Senate Minority Leader, do we think? 2021 if McConnell retires?
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 08:49:31 AM »

Emerson shows Moore reopening a lead of 9 points over Jones. Now, Emerson has always shown the biggest leads for Moore, but that's pretty sizable for the day before Election Day.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 10:07:42 AM »

If you don't follow the polls board, you've missed that we have a Moore +9 poll from Emerson and a Jones +10 poll from Fox News today. Anyone's guess.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 01:40:44 PM »

Of the two polls still coming out, I am not joking, one of them just announced that it could be a narrow lead for Moore, a tie, or a narrow lead for Jones (Monmouth.)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 02:03:27 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Satan (R) over Jesus (D) confirmed.

Note that "our new poll" is last Friday's poll, not a new one.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 05:36:42 PM »

One MSNBC Exit Poll Question

Moore allegations are....
Probably/Definitely True- 49% (26 Probably/23 Definite)
Probably/Definitely False- 45% (29 Probably/16 Definite)

That's worse than most polls for Moore.  This could be a disaster.

On a side note, are there any Clinton-Moore voters?  Who would they be??

I can’t even begin to imagine a Clinton-Moore voter.

Born again since November?
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 10:42:03 PM »

Great poll!
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 10:59:51 PM »

Dominating.
Pages: [1]