Teenagers born after 9/11 will get to vote in this election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:22:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Teenagers born after 9/11 will get to vote in this election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Teenagers born after 9/11 will get to vote in this election  (Read 2360 times)
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« on: December 09, 2016, 08:42:10 PM »
« edited: December 09, 2016, 08:45:39 PM by Mehmentum »

It's all about demographics. This is the alt-right/internet Nazi generation, so I expect Generation Z whites to be 70-90% GOP. However, they will only be about 50% of the young vote. No clue how young minorities will vote compared to their elders.

35% of 18-24 year olds in the French regional elections in December 2015 voted for the National Front Party. That was a real eye opener to me. Especially since that age demographic is between 20-25% Muslim.

I'm gonna be interested to see what the racial voting breakdown of this generation is. Will the right wing populism of Trump carry over into the youngsters like Marine Le Pen in France? It's gonna be something to watch out for.

It already has, millennial whites voted for Trump by 5 points, just imagine how high it's going to be once the Pepe generation comes of age.
A.) That's a far lower margin than whites of any other generation.
B.) Millennial whites voted for Romney by 7 points, so they actually swung towards Clinton.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 08:52:15 PM »

Also, in the UK millenials voted overwhelmingly against brexit.

In Italy, millenials voted against the recent constitutional referendum (pushed for by the center left Democratic Party, opposed by the populist Five Star Movement.)  My thinking is that the millenial generation in continental Europe are populist conservatives, while millenials in the Anglo-phone countries are liberals.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies