S.20.3.25: Enforcing Our Laws Act (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 11:19:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.20.3.25: Enforcing Our Laws Act (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.20.3.25: Enforcing Our Laws Act (Failed)  (Read 1094 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« on: October 20, 2020, 05:14:39 PM »

It's not like people don't know the consequences of entering illegally...

Why should cities receive any funding at all if they refuse to follow federal laws? Keep in mind, when you have cities that blatantly ignore the law, you open the door for other cities to ignore laws you like. Changing it to 50% funding instead of cut at all just seems like a joke.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 01:58:46 PM »

Those who voted against this are an embarrassment to the South and it's values.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 04:43:37 PM »

Those who voted against this are an embarrassment to the South and its values.

Regardless of your thoughts on undocumented immigration, this was a poorly written bill that didn't do a good job of executing what it tried to do. It is not the duty of the Southern Region to enforce federal law, that's the job of the federal government. If this was a House or Senate bill, I wouldn't have given that soliloquy.

Look, we get it. Rather than care about citizens, you just want to protect people who have no right to be here.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 04:56:58 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2020, 01:30:56 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Regardless of your thoughts on undocumented immigration, this was a poorly written bill that didn't do a good job of executing what it tried to do. It is not the duty of the Southern Region to enforce federal law, that's the job of the federal government. If this was a House or Senate bill, I wouldn't have given that soliloquy.

Look, we get it. Rather than care about citizens, you just want to protect people who have no right to be here.

I care about citizens, and I'm a-okay with enforcing the law. However, this particular bill is dumb, but could work if improved a little bit and sent to the proper legislative body.

Answer my questions about the vague wording. Post the bill in the right submission thread. Then I'll stop complaining.

There was nothing improper about the bill being introduced into this legislative body.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 05:49:11 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2020, 01:31:52 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I care about citizens, and I'm a-okay with enforcing the law. However, this particular bill is dumb, but could work if improved a little bit and sent to the proper legislative body.

Answer my questions about the vague wording. Post the bill in the right submission thread. Then I'll stop complaining.

There was nothing improper about the bill being introduced into this legislative body.

It is improper, though. Immigration law in this country is decided by the federal government, not the regional one. Why should a legislative body with no control over immigration policy have any say on how it's enforced?

The regional government has the authority to pass laws that dictate cities in our region cannot declare themselves to be "sanctuary cities", and if they do so, the regional government has the authority to strip said cities of regional funding. Not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 05:51:10 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2020, 01:34:38 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Look, we get it. Rather than care about citizens, you just want to sit around and complain and pick fights all day.

Last I checked, you are not registered in the South. Your opinion here isn't welcome or relevant.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies