Luntz to delegates: GOP has 'lost' the millennial generation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:26:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Luntz to delegates: GOP has 'lost' the millennial generation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Luntz to delegates: GOP has 'lost' the millennial generation  (Read 5001 times)
dirks

« on: July 20, 2016, 11:46:31 PM »

Just have to say, Millennials are losers, morons, addicting to their technology, enormous ego's, mooch off their parents well into their 30's. They're fragile and weak.

Good riddance. I mean Gen X looks like the freaking Greatest Generation compared to Millenials
dirks

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 11:55:48 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2016, 11:58:25 PM by dirks »

Just have to say, Millennials are losers, morons, addicting to their technology, enormous ego's, mooch off their parents well into their 30's. They're fragile and weak.

Good riddance. I mean Gen X looks like the freaking Greatest Generation compared to Millenials
Typical.

But true. I realize that sounds curmudgeonly but millennials are extremely coddled and naive. Is there still hope for them? Sure, but they definitely need a wake-up call. They're keyboard/social justice agitators, and still in their parents basement. They're politically correct and boring.
dirks

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 12:02:17 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2016, 12:05:48 AM by dirks »

Typical.

But true. I realize that sounds curmudgeonly but millennials are extremely coddled and naive. Is there still hope for them? Sure, but they definitely need a wake-up call.

It doesn't sound curmudgeonly, it sounds stupid and malinformed. It sounds like more faux generalizations based on personal feelings and anecdotes. It sounds like something that can't be backed up factually. And it sounds completely wrong.

Backed up factually? This cohort is still evolving. Millennials are not a math equation, but there are certain characteristics that they seem to share. It's generally agreed upon that they're liberal, politically correct, coddled, stay with their parents longer, have children later, are very attached to their technology and are extremely narcissistic.

To me personally, the typical millennial looks like an urban hipster. Just floating through life on their parents dime through whatever hip new urban area (is it still Portland?)
dirks

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 12:14:48 AM »

Oh look! I'm a millennial who left his house at 17, has self-financed through college and graduate school without holding debt, has had years of experience in political and non-political projects, years of experience working at executive level and teaching positions, doesn't look like an urban hipster and has probably contributed more to his country than you ever have.

But PLEASE, don't let that stop you from casting the broadest net possible in an effort to feel good about yourself by condescending towards an entire generation of Americans.

DO-GO-ON.

ok, so you're in the minority. Most aren't like you. Heck how would I know one way or the other if you're telling the truth.
dirks

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 12:19:25 AM »

Oh look! I'm a millennial who left his house at 17, has self-financed through college and graduate school without holding debt, has had years of experience in political and non-political projects, years of experience working at executive level and teaching positions, doesn't look like an urban hipster and has probably contributed more to his country than you ever have.

But PLEASE, don't let that stop you from casting the broadest net possible in an effort to feel good about yourself by condescending towards an entire generation of Americans.

DO-GO-ON.

ok, so you're in the minority. Most aren't like you. Heck how would I know one way or the other if you're telling the truth.
You've made all these judgements on stereotypes and a lack of factual input.

What are you disputing? That millennials are liberal? That they get married later? That the bulk of hipsters are millennials? That's kind of common knowledge.
dirks

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 12:20:14 AM »

The greatest cartoon of all time...was not created by a millennial.
dirks

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 01:00:22 AM »

Can I just say, and this is strictly opinion of course...that thus far the output of millennials compared to other generations in regards to the arts, literature, music, film is relatively poor and will not stand the test of time as with previous generations.

I just don't see the creativity. Every generation leaves something lasting and legendary, but I feel that millennials are going to leave less than most others.

Maybe it will change, who knows. There is plenty of time. But I don't feel overly optimistic as of now.
dirks

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 01:06:57 AM »

Can I just say, and this is strictly opinion of course...that thus far the output of millennials compared to other generations in regards to the arts, literature, music, film is relatively poor and will not stand the test of time as with previous generations.

I just don't see the creativity. Every generation leaves something lasting and legendary, but I feel that millennials are going to leave less than most others.

Maybe it will change, who knows. There is plenty of time. But I don't feel overly optimistic as of now.

That is mind-numbingly ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous. It's an opinion...as I said time will tell. Maybe they'll churn out a Beatles or a Casablanca. I don't think they will but, let's see...
dirks

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 01:15:30 AM »

The first sequence of percussion notes in 'Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)' by Florence and the Machine>The Beatles.

yes, sure. of course

yep I was right. They're hopeless.
dirks

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 12:56:41 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2016, 01:05:32 PM by dirks »

I'm 28 years old. I'm not going to vote for a party that denies climate change exists, that thinks denying evolution exists is a reasonable position, and that doesn't support civil marriage for all.

Absolutely, I'm 30.  I can't EVER bring myself to vote for a party whose views on gender, sexuality, basic biology, and science sound consistently like something out of Medieval Europe.

The Republicans have indeed lost the millennials and one day they will pay and pay dearly for that loss.

Who's paying dearly for what? What will be the result? A melting cauldron of diversity, murder, chaos, cop assassinations, muslim terror here and abroad, sky high taxes, and political correctness.

Basically your victories are the decay of America.

And another point of mine for you to sneer at, and this can't be quantified with and fancy numbers...but millennials are NO FUN. My gosh, try to crack an edgy racist joke among them, they're lame prudes. And they don't mind their own business. They like to chide you for your Redskins shirt but quickly cower in fear when you crack their eye socket with a right hook.
dirks

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 12:58:47 PM »

Millenials have already created music far better than anything baby boomers ever did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGYzpBoxa-w

dear god. you poor millennials.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies