Federal Reserve Reform Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:44:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federal Reserve Reform Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Federal Reserve Reform Act (Passed)  (Read 3654 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: January 19, 2015, 01:23:41 PM »
« edited: February 04, 2015, 11:28:52 AM by Senator bore »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsored by: Bore for the administration
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 03:29:25 PM »

The senate would have indirect control over the monetary policy (moreso than now) via the SoIA.

One of the big problems for the SoIA is it's never been an especially defined role, no one really knows what it's supposed to do, and this would to a large extent solve that.

Whatever we do though, we really should get the control of the Fed out of the GM's hands.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 09:25:36 AM »

You could make the argument though that the reason that the SoIA has historically been very inactive is because it has no clearly defined power, and if it were to get some it would stop being so inactive.

In my time in atlasia I can't remember any GM using the powers of the fed apart from Griffin, I could be remembering wrongly though, so I'm not sure how important the powers are to prospective GMs.

bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 01:43:13 PM »

On paper at the very least the GM remains, by a huge distance, the most powerful player in the game, so I'm not sure this can be seen as a way of stripping powers a way from it. If we wanted to do that we could have abolished the position in the last senate or curtailed it much more effectively.

The GM remains in overall control of how the SoIA's powers were implemented, for instance, and in fact I largely agree with Maxwell that ths reform would help strengthen the GM as it would give them someone to work with.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 01:59:11 PM »

I would just like to register the fact that I am so very disappointed with all of you. Cry

The worst decisions in this game are made usually where there is broad consensus.

That's only because the only way to achieve any game reform is by having a really broad consensus. The controversial issues don't pass so haven't had a chance to fail spectacularly Tongue
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 08:04:49 AM »

I support the GM having control over some triggers which no one else, which is why the GM would still determine inflation, unemployment. The problem is monetary policy is needed to respond to increasing inflation or unemployment, under the current system the GM, by setting interest rates is just talking to himself.

From what I can see the problem with the SoEA and SoIA at the moment (and there are problems) is there is no challenge to it. In those offices you can decide to make an agreement ending all war and making everyone happy forever and there is nothing stopping you. The logical conclusion here is when the israel palestine issue was solved completely. It's no fun because there's no challenge. It's the same reason no one really wants a senate where the other 9 senators agree with you completely, it's boring. The same is true, in microcosm, for the GM's fed powers at the moment. He decides how to implement them and then decides the success of that implementation.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 01:59:59 PM »

Is there anything else to say here?
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 09:39:47 AM »

Senators a final vote is now open on this bill, please vote aye nay or abstain
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 05:27:39 PM »

Aye
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 02:08:59 PM »

This has enough votes to pass, senators have 24 hours to change their votes
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 11:28:36 AM »

By a vote of 5-4 this has passed the senate and is sent to the president for executive action

Aye: bore, Cranberry, BK, SWE, Cris

Nay: TNF, Windjammer, Lief, Yankee

Not Voting: Polnut
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies