Sinema on Biden's agenda:I would never promise something to the American people that I can't deliver
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:17:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sinema on Biden's agenda:I would never promise something to the American people that I can't deliver
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sinema on Biden's agenda:I would never promise something to the American people that I can't deliver  (Read 717 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2021, 10:02:01 PM »

Says someone who intentionally ran under a party they had no intention of representing.
R.P. McM
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2021, 02:16:35 AM »

Genuinely the most despicable Democrat I have seen. Even Paul Ryan didn't quite display this much FUIGM energy.

I legitimately don't get what her long game is here.

If she wants to leave after one term and go be a lobbyist, you actually need to have connections and good relationships with your colleagues in order to do that effectively and most of her caucus is tired of her at this point. She wouldn't be a very useful hire for anyone.

If she wants to run again and that's why she's raking in donations from people who mostly give to Republicans, she's setting herself up for a primary challenge (possibly someone credible like Ruben Gallego) and if she thinks she can get away with switching to the GOP, her entire voting record on abortion, judges and everything else would make her DOA to win their primary.

The threat of a serious primary challenge to Sinema is very overstated.  She's looking to build a brand as a maverick who is visibly seen as bucking her party's establishment, which was a very successful brand for John McCain too after all

Nah. Because in that case, Sinema would've run as someone committed to ensuring a low corporate tax rate, and the ability of pharmaceutical companies to continuing ripping off taxpayers. But she didn't, because those aren't popular positions, especially in a Democratic primary. So her political career is DOA. Hopefully, it was worth it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies