U.S. Deficits By Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 08:44:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  U.S. Deficits By Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: U.S. Deficits By Party  (Read 3392 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: July 15, 2010, 02:54:29 AM »

LOL, just like FDR, huh? More spending = Cure deficit. Maybe he should start a world war just like FDR had in order to save his legacy.

I vote YES, if that's what it takes to get government spending up to where it should be.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 02:57:52 AM »

You don't think the government spends enough of your money already?

It doesn't spend a dime of 'my' money, Derek.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 03:18:16 AM »

That figures, it must be nice to be on welfare while everyone else goes to work to pay for you. It's easy to want more spending and taxes if it's someone else's money. Put yourself in someone else's shoes who is a single parent making average income with 4 children and has to worry about taxes and the deficit.

No, my family is well off and I live in another country, Derek, so I don't pay any (or anyway only indirecly) taxes.  But if and when I do inherit, I will not mind paying taxes on this money.

The single parent with an average income and 4 children does not pay taxes, but rather recieves a bit of money from the State.

Please try to put yourself in the shoes of someone who understands economics, rather than simply has kneejerk emotional responses to economic issues.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 12:26:46 PM »

The choice of cutoff point makes it downright dishonest to post this chart now.  Deficits were reduced through most of Bush's term, and Obama's deficit dwarfs any other president's budget deficit.

I suppose the distinction is, cannonia, that Obama's deficit was caused by a near total collapse of the economy (arguably baked into the pie before he was even in office), while by comparison all the previous recessions were very mild, until one gets back to the Great Depression.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies