Democrats: If we can't win the Senate after a Biden slide, what's the strategy going forwards? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:51:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Democrats: If we can't win the Senate after a Biden slide, what's the strategy going forwards? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats: If we can't win the Senate after a Biden slide, what's the strategy going forwards?  (Read 2066 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« on: September 12, 2020, 01:02:30 PM »

Ds should have 52 seats, win AZ, CO, ME and NC and win both GA seats; consequently getting DC statehood enacted
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 09:44:31 PM »

The problem for Rs is GA, the runoffs will decide the fate of the Senate if its close, and they are draining resources from other states. Trump also has a Latino problem ever since 2016 and TX is bound to get competetive and Hegar is polling close to Cornyn
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 02:08:50 AM »

CO and ME, AL are definately gonna flip, then we have AZ, NC and GA, which can definately split their votes for Prez and for Senate. NC has Cooper coattails and AZ, is anyone's guest and then there is GA runoffs.

One thing for cetain is that 279 with a split Senate and a power sharing agreement between Leader McConnell and Schumer is possible like it was in 2000.

Wildfires and climate change is definately has put oil and gas states more in the Trump column and the Environmental states in the Biden column.

If its a close election.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 03:57:10 AM »

We have been consistently getting Registered voter polls and not Likely voter polls; consequently, Progressive Moderate whom is the author of this thread has Biden winning a 334 map, and a tied Senate, and his map is inflated. I been wanting to mention to him about his map, but he thinks his models are all accurate. He doesn't know that we can get split state voting in AZ, NC and GA, after CO, ME and AL flips. Biden isn't gonna automatically win 334 EC votes with AZ, CO, GA, ME and NC going D. Biden can win a 279 map and have a tied Senate or a 52 senate map.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 09:39:03 PM »

2008 and 2014, the most incumbents that lost their seats were 4 to 6, 2014 Pryor, Landrieu, Walsh, Hegar lost in 2014 and in 2008 Sununu, Dole, Coleman, Snith lost and in 2006 Talent, DeWine, Santorum, Burns lost. Dems have 4 targets AZ, CO, ME and NC and two GA seat runoffs; consequently,  winning SC, MT, IA, TX, KY, and AK were never gonna happen and win 13 to reach 60.

Especially,  when you are handing out unemployment checks to people that can work. Yang program UBI benefits is all that indefinite unemployment is and middle class voters know their taxes will be increased to pay for it
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 04:46:09 AM »

With today's polls AK, AZ, CO, GA, KS, ME, NC and SC can go D for 55 seats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies