MT-Sen 2024 Megathread: Unbeatable Titan Tester (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:48:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-Sen 2024 Megathread: Unbeatable Titan Tester (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT-Sen 2024 Megathread: Unbeatable Titan Tester  (Read 26848 times)
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« on: November 13, 2022, 09:06:03 PM »

Unless Biden wins Montana, Tester can't win. Safe R. Polls will show it close, but don't let that fool you.

This is a bad take.

It's SnowLabrador.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 12:44:21 AM »

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1634006266526810113?s=46&t=1L1DjzVkQVQfX2mT1pZCrQ

Apparently Daines is trying to recruit Tim Sheehy. Never heard of him, but he seems like a pretty good candidate on paper.

EDIT: looked into it more. Pros: veteran, Purple Heart recipient, self-funder. Cons: first time candidate, close to Zinke, moved to Montana as an adult. Also, I think you’re seeing a dynamic in several states of NRSC-backed normie conservatives (Sheehy, LaRose, Justice) against more insurgent types (Rosendale, Davidson, Mooney). Of course I think all but one of those candidates have yet to announce, so who knows, and maybe the base was chastened by 2022, but you’re still running the risk of a damaging primary, and I don’t know that it’s ever a winning strategy to position yourself to the left of another credible candidate in a GOP primary these days.

High risk/high reward move for Republicans here - of course he could wind up being a superstar but these first-time candidates tend to require a lot of hand-holding at the start (and sometimes longer, see J.D. Vance) and are usually prone to damaging oppo as they're more difficult to vet before they announce.

It's a testament to both the perceived weakness of the Montana Republican bench and/or the difficulty of persuading sitting officeholders to run for the U.S. Senate (more likely the latter) that this guy is being recruited so aggressively.

It's interesting, though – if you'd had asked me for the ideal candidate excluding Gianforte I'd have said AG Knudsen, who had apparently expressed interest and at least had won statewide before. Maybe he didn't bite?

You're right about the difficulty of getting people to run for Senate these days. I think another important factor is that the US House is a real breeding ground for crazy Republicans these days. I don't think it's a coincidence that all of the problem children I mentioned above are in the House, and in a state like Montana if you get an unlucky roll of the dice it's pretty easy to end up with two unelectable representatives, which is a problem if the job is so miserable that only representatives with Stockholm syndrome from the House seem to want to run.

Yeah. Their two Representatives almost lost in an R district in a D midterm and already lost to Tester in 2018 respectively.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 03:07:32 PM »

Tester is one of the luckiest men in politics JFC dude

I doubt this will do anything, this is kinda the definition of a smear.

He was the co-pilot, being trained but not actively flying the plane. It lost engine power under the control of the pilot and crashed, killing the pilot. The article title is trying to imply that he was in control of the plane and killed a passenger through negligence, but he himself is lucky that he didn't die as a result of something outside his control.

"I doubt this will do anything"

He literally did his own mini-9/11.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies