opinion of Jenny from Forrest Gump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:00:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  opinion of Jenny from Forrest Gump
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Jenny
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: opinion of Jenny from Forrest Gump  (Read 1586 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 18, 2018, 12:17:54 PM »

It's a rough one and I keep going back and forth.  Lean HP until someone can convince me otherwise.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 01:10:40 PM »

Jenny from the novel or Jenny from the movie? There are significant differences between the two pieces.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 01:30:40 PM »

HP in the movie but more neutral in the novel.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 04:47:31 PM »

Sad character. Reminds me of a good friend from high school whose secrets you know enough to explain away their behavior.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 05:06:37 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2018, 05:12:50 PM by HillGoose »

horrible person.

manipulative, lying b!tch who won't take responsibility for her own actions. Her father did horrible things to her but once you get to a certain point you have to take responsibility for your own life.

If she cared about Forrest at all the best thing she could have done for him was leave his life and never return.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 05:41:00 PM »

Jenny from the novel or Jenny from the movie? There are significant differences between the two pieces.
There’s a Forrest Gump novel?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 05:55:59 PM »

There’s a Forrest Gump novel?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AdaptationDisplacement
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 06:27:20 PM »

Enforces the right-wing message of the movie.

HP on balance, though she didn't deserve to die from AIDS. (She didn't get AIDS until after having sex with Forrest, so he's clean.)

As a side note, Bubba and Lieutenant Dan are both FFs. (Though Dan was an HP at first.)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 08:21:35 PM »

Massive FF (if you're talking about the film), but Jenny from My Life as a Teenage Robot is an even bigger one.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 01:45:19 PM »

Massive FF (if you're talking about the film), but Jenny from My Life as a Teenage Robot is an even bigger one.

You are worse than BRTD.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 02:54:25 PM »

HP

Oh yes, I'll constantly tease then neglect the one guy that's ever actually loved me and only accept him when I'm about to die of AIDS and need someone to take care of my son. It may not even be his, but I know my friend is stupid so I'll name him after him so he thinks he has a reason to take him in.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 04:14:27 PM »

Terrible, like pretty much everyone in the movie besides the guys named Forrest.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 03:13:10 AM »

HP

Oh yes, I'll constantly tease then neglect the one guy that's ever actually loved me and only accept him when I'm about to die of AIDS and need someone to take care of my son. It may not even be his, but I know my friend is stupid so I'll name him after him so he thinks he has a reason to take him in.

This
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 12:23:59 PM »

You are worse than BRTD.
That's the most savage insult I've ever heard.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 01:23:45 PM »

you are obviously wrong except about Jenny from My Life as a Teenage Robot
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 01:36:21 PM »

Massive FF (if you're talking about the film)

Uhhhhh.  She hung out with the Black Panthers (whom you hate), did hard drugs (which you're against), and screwed over her best friend.  Did you even watch the movie...?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 06:04:04 PM »

According to Hillgooses' definition of a sexually promiscuous person, Jenny is........never mind.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 08:43:35 AM »

Enforces the right-wing message of the movie.

HP on balance, though she didn't deserve to die from AIDS. (She didn't get AIDS until after having sex with Forrest, so he's clean.)

As a side note, Bubba and Lieutenant Dan are both FFs. (Though Dan was an HP at first.)

Forrest is clean, but not for that reason.  I would say that it is likely that she had already contracted it by that point, at least as HIV (and they do get married later, when she is clearly sick, but we don't know what happened there).  It's just that, physically speaking, it is very difficult for a female to give HIV to a male, as the male isn't really being exposed to bodily fluid.  It's not 100% impossible, but it is statistically unlikely.  Now, the son seems to have gotten much more lucky.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 08:55:36 AM »

FF, although I haven't seen the movie in 10 years. First of all she's a genuinely nice person, as we saw in the scene where Forrest meets her, and the fact that she stayed his friend and stood up for him through all the bullying he went through for his leg for literally a decade. That alone makes her a hero. But she was messed up by sexual abuse from her dad, which resulted in her having a troubled adulthood. Of course she wasn't attracted to Forrest because he's so dumb. That's totally understandable - but he has a crush on her anyway, and tries to intervene in her relationships. She runs off with some hippies/far left wing activists, who are portrayed as abusive because of the movie's agenda. But it's common for people who have suffered abuse to fall into those relationships as an adult. She is punished for her sexual promiscuity by getting AIDS. The kid at the end however, is Forrest's son. That's all how I remember it.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2018, 10:55:40 AM »

Never read the novel, so I will have to stick to the film.  I would go with closer to neutral ... sorry to be a moderate hero, but her circumstances growing up led to a lot of her selfishness and character flaws, IMO, and it can't be discounted that she provided Forest with as much love and compassion in what could have been a very rough life other than his mom.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2018, 03:51:35 PM »

Forrest is clean, but not for that reason.  I would say that it is likely that she had already contracted it by that point, at least as HIV (and they do get married later, when she is clearly sick, but we don't know what happened there).  It's just that, physically speaking, it is very difficult for a female to give HIV to a male, as the male isn't really being exposed to bodily fluid.  It's not 100% impossible, but it is statistically unlikely.  Now, the son seems to have gotten much more lucky.
It's weird how many people still don't know this.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2018, 09:30:32 PM »

HP

This
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2018, 01:23:05 PM »

HP

This
Yep, I agree. HP for sure.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies