massachusetts 2010 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:43:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  massachusetts 2010 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: massachusetts 2010  (Read 7496 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« on: June 16, 2008, 09:00:57 AM »

Any chances of an independent run in between the Republicans and Democrats? Cause let's face it, the Massachusetts Republican Party has as much chance at winning as the Libertarians or Greens.

Carla Howell or her husband may run again for the LP, particularly if the tax repeal referendum passes and gets ignored by the legislature.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 09:08:52 AM »

mr. moderate, im not sure which state house district you live in, but i hear that carl sciortino didnt get on the primary ballot.

He lost some signature sheets between the city certification and submitting them to the Secretary of State's office. Bob Trane, an alderman from Somerville, is on the ballot to spite Sciortino for the Progressive Democrats of Somerville running a challenger against him in the city elections this year. Sciortino's running a sticker campaign in the primary.

Trane doesn't have any real issues to run against Carl, only townies vs. yuppies, which is b.s. but resonates with some people. Perhaps even some people who don't own the Somerville News, even.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 08:21:37 PM »

so far as i know, gays have the same amount of rights in this state as i do.

Thanks to the votes of Carl himself.  It's not as if opponents of gay rights don't constantly bring up bills in the legislature to undo all the slow gains of the past couple decades.

i actually agree with carl on gay rights.

but he seems to be a bit of a one trick pony

I agree with him as well, but I wish he would spend more time schmoozing with the leadership. Ciampa might have been a jackass, but he was close to Finneran and got a lot of money for the town. Carl has a sort of above it all approach, which is actually one reason I suspect Trane might be an improvement, at least in that respect.

Carl has emphasized constitutent services. His work is one reason the Green Line got into the budget, finally.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 07:49:05 PM »

Yeah but Medford got screwed in the last round of local aid revisions. I guess I am looking at it from a Medford townie perspective, but thats the point. You make the mistake of electing someone from Somerville in district and they think the entire district is Somerville.

Carl lives in Medford now, and electing an alderman from Somerville is not the way to resolve this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies