Democrats should campaign in the rust belt instead of the sun belt in 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:53:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Democrats should campaign in the rust belt instead of the sun belt in 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats should campaign in the rust belt instead of the sun belt in 2020  (Read 1590 times)
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« on: December 17, 2017, 12:10:13 PM »

This is my line of thinking 100%. Democrats will be better off IMO focusing on the Rust Belt rather than having one foot there and one in the Sun Belt. I'm not saying don't campaign in states like Arizona or North Carolina (I think one of those will flip in 2020) but it's more difficult than Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

I also think states like New Hampshire or Maine as a whole could flip to Trump in 2020. I don't buy the idea that Minnesota will go red though. Regardless I think it'd be wise for Democrats to defend those states, which I suspect are the two most likely to flip to the GOP.

Lastly, Florida I believe is a lost cause for 2020. The raw number of votes that Trump ran up was absurd, especially in the panhandle. Florida typically votes a percent or two right of the nation's average. Like I said before I think Democrats could win Arizona or North Carolina, but I just don't have faith that they could win Florida.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies