Happy Bloody Monday! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:59:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Happy Bloody Monday! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Happy Bloody Monday!  (Read 4899 times)
TML
Junior Chimp

« on: February 27, 2022, 11:39:13 PM »

Lol, I still can't believe Sanders and his supports thought that 30-ish % in each state was going to be a winning coalition in that primary.

That strategy worked back when there were multiple opponents occupying the moderate/conservative lane, but once that lane was reduced to a single candidate, it was no longer viable.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 11:41:24 PM »

Lol, I still can't believe Sanders and his supports thought that 30-ish % in each state was going to be a winning coalition in that primary.
I must admit, I was surprised Biden did as well as he did despite Bloomberg still be in. I definitely saw him winning Texas and after the Klobuchar dropout, Minnesota, (along with sweeping the south and Oklahoma) but I was shocked to see him win Massachusetts and Maine.

This is the result of many people deciding their primary votes at the last minute. Exit polls from the Super Tuesday contests indicated that there were many states where late deciders (those who decided their votes within the last few days or on primary day itself) comprised at least 40% of the entire primary electorate, and Biden won all of those states.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies