The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:36:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3  (Read 173858 times)
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: March 05, 2019, 08:11:33 AM »

It‘s pretty clear to me that Merkley will run for Senate again.

You are right:

Thank goodness!
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #1826 on: March 05, 2019, 08:13:28 AM »

Don't run for President, please.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1827 on: March 05, 2019, 08:52:31 AM »

Late March or early April puts her behind the 8 ball as far as getting 65,000 donors to get in the debates.
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #1828 on: March 05, 2019, 08:53:54 AM »

I have zero doubt that, should she run, Abrams would smash the 1% polling threshold easily. Don't think she'll run though.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1829 on: March 05, 2019, 10:31:18 AM »

She is NOT running for President. No matter how coy she is with the media.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1830 on: March 05, 2019, 11:59:59 AM »

Not a Dem single voter in CNN's panel wants clown Biden to run

A group of Democratic voters who had supported Hillary Clinton in 2016 rejected former Vice President Joe Biden's bid for the presidency during a Tuesday morning panel on CNN's "New Day."

"How many of you would like to see Joe Biden get in?" co-host Alisyn Camerota asked the panel. "Show of hands?"

No one raised their hands. Multiple people shook their heads.

"What's happening?" Camerota said.

"His time is done," Democrat Carol Evans replied.

Democrat Russell Banks expanded on her point.

"I'll be honest, I used to think like, you know—because obviously he was riding the Obama wave, and I thought he was the person that would unite the party, but to be honest, you know, Senator Biden really comes from kind of the good-old-boy politics of the past," he said.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/cnn-panel-of-democrats-dont-support-biden-his-time-is-done/

Hopefully Biden is done
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #1831 on: March 05, 2019, 12:02:24 PM »

A group of Democratic voters who had supported Hillary Clinton in 2016 rejected former Vice President Joe Biden's bid for the presidency during a Tuesday morning panel on CNN's "New Day."

"How many of you would like to see Joe Biden get in?" co-host Alisyn Camerota asked the panel. "Show of hands?"

"I'll be honest, I used to think like, you know—because obviously he was riding the Obama wave, and I thought he was the person that would unite the party, but to be honest, you know, Senator Biden really comes from kind of the good-old-boy politics of the past," he said.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/cnn-panel-of-democrats-dont-support-biden-his-time-is-done/

Hopefully Biden is done

These freedom fighters are the Bennet voters of the future.
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #1832 on: March 05, 2019, 04:35:47 PM »

Bloomberg OUT
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-03-05/our-highest-office-my-deepest-obligation
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1833 on: March 05, 2019, 04:41:51 PM »

Bloomberg wasn’t going to make noise
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1834 on: March 05, 2019, 04:56:01 PM »

Lmao the amount of money Bloomberg has spent exploring runs for President over the years, only to end up not running, could fund a small country for several years at this point lol

In all seriousness, though, good piece. People will focus on his decision not to run, but you gotta admire his commitment to retire every coal-fired plant over the next decade & move us towards 100% clean energy; a laudable & urgently necessary commitment, at that.

Imo, smart move overall by Bloomberg & very bad news for Trump & the GOP, since Bloomberg can now use all the money he was going to spend to run for President to defeat Trump & the GOP instead.
PaperKooper
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 5.57

« Reply #1835 on: March 05, 2019, 04:58:12 PM »

Bloomberg not running probably means Biden is. 
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1836 on: March 05, 2019, 07:36:09 PM »

Hopefully Biden is done
Smart people.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1837 on: March 05, 2019, 07:40:07 PM »

Don't run for President, please.

There's no way in hell she's going to run for President, and I don't think she's ever even seriously considered it.

It's pretty obvious (at least to me) that she's going to run for Senate against Perdue.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1838 on: March 05, 2019, 07:44:48 PM »

Hopefully Biden is done
Smart people.

That's a first for a CNN panel of ordinary voters.
History505
« Reply #1839 on: March 05, 2019, 08:38:52 PM »

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/05/beto-orourke-has-spoken-with-a-potential-campaign-manager-for-a-possible-2020-campaign-for-president.html?__source=sharebar|twitter&par=sharebar
Beto O'Rourke has spoken with a possible manager for a 2020 campaign.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1840 on: March 05, 2019, 11:12:48 PM »

Maggie Haberman won't let the dream die:

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1841 on: March 05, 2019, 11:56:44 PM »

Hogan, speaking in Iowa:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/maryland-gov-larry-hogan-in-iowa-and-not-running-for-president--yet/2019/03/04/d5d78648-3ea5-11e9-9361-301ffb5bd5e6_story.html

But he also signaled that he is in no rush to make up his mind about 2020. He said he was here to attend to National Governors Association business, not lay the groundwork for a campaign. “It currently makes no sense, with a president that has the kind of approval rating that he does in his own party,” Hogan said in an interview. “Having said that, I’ve said things can change, and we don’t know what it might look like a few months from now.”

Variables such as the outcome of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s probe, Democratic talk of impeachment and the president’s fluctuating political standing are all potential factors in his decision, Hogan acknowledged. In the meantime, he’s taking things slowly.

Swalwell:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/432665-swalwell-says-he-will-make-2020-decision-by-the-end-of-the-month

Asked during a question-and-answer session at the University of Chicago Institute of Politics when he plans to announce a decision on a White House bid, Swalwell said “by the end of the month.”

“There are three questions I’ve asked myself,” he said. “Do I think I can make a difference? Do I think I can win? Because I don’t think — even if you can make a difference, if you can’t win, it’s a hell of a sacrifice to take your family and friends and home constituents through.”

“And then three, can we get the child care for two kids under two to do it?”

This is the crazy thing about O’Rourke saying he’s already decided, but not announcing what the decision is.  He said last week that he’s now made up his mind on what to do, but won’t announce what the decision is yet.  However, reporting like this makes it clear that, if he has decided (as he says he has) then he’s obviously decided to run for president.  What’s the point of sounding out a campaign manager for a presidential run if you’ve already ruled out a presidential run?
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1842 on: March 06, 2019, 01:01:01 AM »

Hogan, speaking in Iowa:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/maryland-gov-larry-hogan-in-iowa-and-not-running-for-president--yet/2019/03/04/d5d78648-3ea5-11e9-9361-301ffb5bd5e6_story.html

But he also signaled that he is in no rush to make up his mind about 2020. He said he was here to attend to National Governors Association business, not lay the groundwork for a campaign. “It currently makes no sense, with a president that has the kind of approval rating that he does in his own party,” Hogan said in an interview. “Having said that, I’ve said things can change, and we don’t know what it might look like a few months from now.”

Variables such as the outcome of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s probe, Democratic talk of impeachment and the president’s fluctuating political standing are all potential factors in his decision, Hogan acknowledged. In the meantime, he’s taking things slowly.

Swalwell:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/432665-swalwell-says-he-will-make-2020-decision-by-the-end-of-the-month

Asked during a question-and-answer session at the University of Chicago Institute of Politics when he plans to announce a decision on a White House bid, Swalwell said “by the end of the month.”

“There are three questions I’ve asked myself,” he said. “Do I think I can make a difference? Do I think I can win? Because I don’t think — even if you can make a difference, if you can’t win, it’s a hell of a sacrifice to take your family and friends and home constituents through.”

“And then three, can we get the child care for two kids under two to do it?”

This is the crazy thing about O’Rourke saying he’s already decided, but not announcing what the decision is.  He said last week that he’s now made up his mind on what to do, but won’t announce what the decision is yet.  However, reporting like this makes it clear that, if he has decided (as he says he has) then he’s obviously decided to run for president.  What’s the point of sounding out a campaign manager for a presidential run if you’ve already ruled out a presidential run?

I expect him to announce in a FB live or something like that, which he can do anytime. I don't get what the holdup is, it really seems like his moment has passed with the wait. Whenever he announces he'd certainly be in a far weaker position than had he done so earlier.
JRP1994

« Reply #1843 on: March 06, 2019, 07:25:18 AM »

Maggie Haberman won't let the dream die:

Oh my god. Please just go away and take Kerry with you
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1844 on: March 06, 2019, 07:28:43 AM »

It's pretty clear pundits are really trying to hype up the "HRC is running~~~~~" narrative. It's definitively clear that she's not but they'd love to keep that narrative going.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1845 on: March 06, 2019, 07:42:24 AM »

It's pretty clear pundits are really trying to hype up the "HRC is running~~~~~" narrative. It's definitively clear that she's not but they'd love to keep that narrative going.

So is Haberman lying, or did someone close to Clinton say this?
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #1846 on: March 06, 2019, 09:13:56 AM »

lmao.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1847 on: March 06, 2019, 09:24:06 AM »

lmao.
These dinosaurs are sociopaths. They all need to go away.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1848 on: March 06, 2019, 10:15:04 AM »

Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #1849 on: March 06, 2019, 04:52:42 PM »

lmao.

lol has anyone checked in on Al Gore yet? I mean, he's only 70.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies