Most conservative major city on the East Coast? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:38:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Most conservative major city on the East Coast? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most conservative major city on the East Coast?  (Read 8968 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 13, 2012, 08:34:06 PM »

North of DC would most likely be Buffalo.
Cincy is included in the list. While I'm not sure by what standard in hell it could be considered an East Coast city - but then Buffalo shouldn't be either - it clearly wins of the available choices. Unless it's deemed to be south of DC.
As to cities actually on or near the coast and north of DC, the answer is Baltimore followed by New York City.

Yeah, Cincinnati is way more conservative than others on that list north of DC. It's probably the third or fourth most conservative on that list outright even.(not that Cincinnati or Cleveland or Columbus or Detroit can even remotely be considered East Coast) The Cincinnati area is the type of area where voting results look an awful lot like a racial map. Once you leave the poor urban areas, the people become very Republican very fast. Conservatism is a part of the fabric of that town, even if it is a lot different from most of the southern cities you would call conservative in that its politics stem from the major immigrant group being German Catholics rather than some of the more Democratic groups, combined with the Taft political dynasty. There's a saying that if the world ended, Cincinnati is the place to be because it wouldn't happen there for ten more years.

My aunt lives in Cincy, and I've gotten the impression that it is quite conservative for a large city. However, Hamilton County had one of the best anti-marriage ban votes in the state in 2004. I'd certainly say Jacksonville, though it's only large enough because of all the suburban areas it incorporates.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies