Are all the mods starting to remind you of Inks? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:05:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are all the mods starting to remind you of Inks? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are all the mods starting to remind you of Inks?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Are all the mods starting to remind you of Inks?  (Read 2984 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: July 22, 2015, 11:04:44 AM »

I don't get the outrage from some posters, Some of these people seem to spend most of their time TRYING to find new ways to piss off the moderators, Then when the moderators do react those same people act like victims.

This, exactly. It's overtly antagonistic.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 03:53:30 PM »

I don't get the outrage from some posters, Some of these people seem to spend most of their time TRYING to find new ways to piss off the moderators, Then when the moderators do react those same people act like victims.

A sociopath used someone's mental illness to violate the privacy of multiple Atlas posters and steal data from a restricted area of this site. And yet, somehow, it's the Atlas moderators that took action to stop them who are the bad guys.

No one is criticising the moderators for banning the sociopath. What is being criticised, I thing, is the view some moderators have apparently taken of holding the person with the mental illness fully responsible despite, well, their mental illness. And then a third person whose role in facilitating this has not been fully explained.

I, personally, don't blame the mods for being angry-- as I explained earlier, I understand that being angry with having personal and sensitive information leaked, and being misled as to the source of that leak, is a perfectly normal reaction. But I object to the tone coming from some, mainly you and Nym, that seems to completely disregard just how Tweed took advantage of BK's mental issues, which BK had described to Tweed in detail, and BK's compulsive desire, stemming from those issues, to seek approval and to be liked by others-- as BK explained. I don't even necessarily disagree with a ban, but the idea it could be permanent rather than temporary until BK gets better, seems excessive, even callous.

I guess it fundamentally boil down to whether you see BaconKing as a victim or as an overt actor in all this. I think it quite clear that he is a victim, and should not be subjected to some kind of punitive action.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies