Hillary working with a House of Reps elected with help of deplorables
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 12:31:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hillary working with a House of Reps elected with help of deplorables
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hillary working with a House of Reps elected with help of deplorables  (Read 1649 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2016, 03:24:57 PM »

Is there a chance that a right-left coalition might emerge between Ryan and Clinton ala 1981?

Personally, I really doubt it. There may be a split on the right, but everybody on any side of that split is still closer to each other than they are to Democrats.

What about ala 1995?
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 08:05:33 PM »

Things are much more polarized now than then.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2016, 08:52:53 AM »

Is there a chance that a right-left coalition might emerge between Ryan and Clinton ala 1981?

Personally, I really doubt it. There may be a split on the right, but everybody on any side of that split is still closer to each other than they are to Democrats.

The thing is though, is that one needs to compromise to govern reasonably. Otherwise, you are just locking in the status quo via gridlock. That is about where we are now. Not good.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2016, 10:55:36 AM »

The thing is though, is that one needs to compromise to govern reasonably. Otherwise, you are just locking in the status quo via gridlock. That is about where we are now. Not good.

I completely agree. I'm just describing the world as I see it, not as I think it ought to be. Whether there's a split or not, the people on the leftward side of the GOP are still going to be people who were fine with the obstructionist tactics of the last two decades.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies