The Campaign Trail: Post Your Maps! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:41:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Campaign Trail: Post Your Maps! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Campaign Trail: Post Your Maps!  (Read 173062 times)
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« on: August 17, 2014, 12:27:45 AM »

How do i play with the 50 or 100 question mode ? I only see 25 questions.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 12:17:20 PM »

Has anybody managed to throw the election to the House in the 1968 campaign? I put it on easy with Lemay and Thurmond as my VP and am running a super hawkish neo fascist campaign and taking a hard line on desegregation etc. I keep campaigning in NC and I can't for the life of me win any state other than the historical 5 that Wallace won, I can never stop a Nixon victory.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 06:08:28 PM »

Has anybody managed to throw the election to the House in the 1968 campaign? I put it on easy with Lemay and Thurmond as my VP and am running a super hawkish neo fascist campaign and taking a hard line on desegregation etc. I keep campaigning in NC and I can't for the life of me win any state other than the historical 5 that Wallace won, I can never stop a Nixon victory.

Pick Chandler as your running mate, run hard to the right on Vietnam, desegregation, and other social issues while taking a more moderately conservative tack on economics. This usually gets me a deadlock more often than not.

I will give it a try, I was never sure on how to deal with the Great Society and economics in general.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 05:38:52 PM »

Can someone give a uh, detailed walkthrough of sorts on how to win with Wallace? I followed the general advice someone gave earlier and can't win. I've tweaked that advice a bit and still can't win. It's driving me nuts.

Yea that game is bugged. I literally spent every campaign stop in NC and went with good old Carolina boy Thurmond as VP. I hate NC.In fact I even lost SC because i threw everything into NC.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 02:10:52 PM »

Former VP Nixon/Gov. Spiro Agnew Sad 283 Electoral Votes43.0%
VP Hubert Humphrey/Sen. Edmund Muskie Sad 191 Electoral Votes42.4%
Gov. George Wallace/Sen Strom Thurmond 64 Electoral Votes14.6%

Played as Wallace, closest state was Missouri, decided by 162 votes Tongue

I think the 1968 scenario is bugged as Wallace. I played on easy and literally campaigned only in NC and SC to try to throw the election to the house. I took a hard line on Vietnam, Segregation and a moderate one on the Great Society. I tailored all my answers for the South perfectly, yet I can never manage to do much better than Wallace did historically. I can win SC, about half the time but cannot win NC. Nixon always wins the election.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 01:56:15 AM »
« Edited: November 17, 2015, 06:11:16 PM by Zyzz »

This is the result of my 1968 George Wallace game, on easy. This is by far the closest I have come to throwing the election to the House. I managed to pick up TN, SC, and NC. Sadly Humphrey didn't do well enough to force Nixon below 270 in the north.

Nixon 270 - Humphrey 191 - Wallace 77
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies