The Commonwealth of Greater American states.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:38:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Commonwealth of Greater American states.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Commonwealth of Greater American states.  (Read 2307 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 30, 2009, 08:55:12 PM »

I am creating a new timeline based of a scenario from President Forever.

This one is completely different than the ones on here so far. It takes place from 1776-2008, so it will be a long one, with many events be summarized, but I promise to keep this on entertaining. Look for the first part either tonight, or tomorrow.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 09:40:29 PM »

"Give up money, give up fame, give up science, give the earth itself and all it contains rather than do an immoral act. And never suppose that in any possible situation, or under any circumstances, it is best for you to do a dishonorable thing, however slightly so it may appear to you... From the practice of the purest virtue, you may be assured you will derive the most sublime comforts in every moment of life, and in the moment of death." – Thomas Jefferson in a Letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785

"The times that tried men's souls are over-and the greatest and completest revolution the world ever knew, gloriously and happily accomplished." – Thomas Paine, The American Crisis, No. 13, 1783
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 1: 1776-1785: The Foundation of the Commonwealth

1776-1781: The 13 Colonies, Led by General George Washington declares war on Great Britain.

1781: The Americans win the war, but in a surprise move the American and French forces launch a surprise attack on England.

1782: America wins the war, and now controls Great Britain.

1783: The American Congress names their new Country the “Commonwealth of Greater American States”.

1784: Congress works together to make the Constitution, which took a year to complete. It has to be approved by 6 US States, and all of England.

1785: North Carolina is the last US State to approve, which makes the Constitution legal. An election is approved for next year for President of the commonwealth, and an election is approved for the secondary opposition of Prime Minister of England.

Coming Soon:

The Prime Minister and President of the Commonwealth elections.

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 09:45:35 PM »

rofl
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 05:53:21 PM »

America controls GB? What are you talking about?I'm confused here.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 05:32:59 PM »

This is  an alternate time line which takes place after the revolutionary war. The American Army Captures all of the English Soldiers, and they decide to make a surprise attack on England. A year later the US takes control of England, after which the English approves the constitution, and votes for both their prime minister and the president.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 06:01:58 PM »

“Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it; and this I know, my lords, that where laws end, tyranny begins” William Pitt the Younger, 1785, speech to the House of Commons.

“A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.” George Washington, in a  Letter to Benjamin Harrison (October 10th, 1784)

“The preservation of the sacred fire of liberty, and the destiny of the republican model of government, are justly considered as deeply, perhaps as finally staked, on the experiment entrusted to the hands of the American people.” George Washington. First Inaugural Address (April 30th, 1789)
Part 2: 1785-1790: The New Government

1785: On April 7th, the Prime Minister election in England is held.

The candidates are The Duke of Portland, and Pitt the Younger. It was a close contest until election day, where the winner was determined by Electoral Votes, plus the popular vote.

In The end, Pitt the younger was elected in a close election. He took office on July 1st, 1785. In a speech delivered to the British house, Pitt promised to work with Americans to end tyranny, and ensure prosperity for everyone.

In the United States, the Presidential Election was held on November 4th, 1785. George Washington was the likely winner until a surprise candidate made a run.  Benedict Arnold, a former military ally of Washington, (who did not betray the US in this TL).

Washington chose Adams as his VP, while Arnold chose George Clinton as his VP Choice. While the election was closer, the advantage was still Washington’s.

On Election Week,(Since no one had TV  Radio’s, or real mass advertising, elections were done on a daily basis until 1848) Washington won in a landslide.

A week later, voters in England chose their new president. Washington wins in an even bigger landslide.

Also, both houses of Congress was dominated by the federalists.

COMING UP: 1786-1789

On a side note, i appolgize for my crappy writing.

aaaa2222
yoman82

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 08:07:06 PM »

VPs were not picked by the president until the (Correct me if I'm wrong) 12 amendment. Also, how was the PM picked, and what powers did he have? Also, England owned all of Ireland until the 20th century.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 09:13:10 PM »

VPs were not picked by the president until the (Correct me if I'm wrong) 12 amendment. Also, how was the PM picked, and what powers did he have? Also, England owned all of Ireland until the 20th century.

Well, i changed the way the VP was chosen to make avoid the controversy in the future, but, like in 1800 the VP problems will occur in another form.

The PM is the leader of England, but must follow the President's polices.  In case of war, the Pm must order the English army to join in the war effort. The PM also control's British domestic polices, such as taxes.

As for Ireland, i used a map from 2008. In the future i will try to find an older map.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies