Russ Feingold in 2008 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:18:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Russ Feingold in 2008 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Russ Feingold in 2008  (Read 7693 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: November 12, 2004, 05:34:36 PM »

Has Feingold specifically said that he doesn't ever plan on running for President?  Has anyone asked?

If there is one left-liberal in the country who could take the White House, it's probably Russ.  He is a brilliant campaigner, charismatic, attractive, upbeat, intelligent, and debates very well.  He also has a reputation as a independent that sits very well with voters.

It will be interesting to see how he handles the second-term Bush judicial appointees.  If he continues to participate in Operation Judge-Block, combined with his vote on partial-birth abortion this will kill him.  But if he can build up his reputation as an independent, bipartisan unity-builder, he's got a shot.

Feingold is a goddamned fascist.  Like McCain. 

Let him learn to read and read the constitution.  2008 can be another year I campaign against the dems.  (unless that bastard McCain wins his party's nomination.  then I'd be in a twist)
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 06:08:15 PM »

anti-speech, ban on raves, gun control, hate crimes, etc. etc.

just a little to authoritarian for my tastes, I guess.  but I'll concede that fascist is a bit harsh, because, on the other hand, he is against increased penalties for drug offenses, against federal marriage definition, and has been supportive of abortion rights, guantanamo bay detainees rights, various civil liberties,  etc. 

I apologize to you and to him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies