BREAKING: Roe v. Wade might be overruled or severely weakened by SCOTUS (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:53:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Roe v. Wade might be overruled or severely weakened by SCOTUS (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Roe v. Wade might be overruled or severely weakened by SCOTUS  (Read 12354 times)
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« on: May 17, 2021, 04:41:24 PM »

You know the Supreme Court made a horrible mistake when even a restriction down to 15 weeks would still put the US well to the left of a lot of European countries.

It is true that lots of European countries have abortion laws that are on paper far more restrictive than the US's, but it's also true that: 1-Those laws are seldom enforced and/or 2-Often have a ton of loopholes in them making them de facto comparable to the US.

Yeah, the UK is a good example of this: abortion is technically illegal unless you have a valid reason, but in practice it’s incredibly easy to provide such a reason; I’ve never heard of anyone being denied an abortion who was within the 24 week limit. Thus, we have de facto abortion on demand in spite of non-approved abortion remaining a de jure crime.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 10:52:13 AM »

Sex education is okay, theoretically. Contraception and abortion are the same thing, except one is far more violent. Banning things actually does cause the rate to decrease. The value of life is not predicated on what will unfold. The good that comes from banning abortion is the end to murdering children. I'm not sure how this is "controlling women," that talking point has never made sense to me even when I was sympathetic to your view.

They’re literally not, even if you are opposed to both for similar reasons. Abortion is terminating a foetus, contraception just prevents fertilisation. By your logic, masturbation and wet dreams are “the same thing” as abortion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies