Auto bailout has already helped GMAC and GM sales (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:33:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Auto bailout has already helped GMAC and GM sales (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Auto bailout has already helped GMAC and GM sales  (Read 6417 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: January 13, 2009, 01:48:17 PM »

The Republicans just wanted to eliminate the auto industry to destroy the UAW, and harm the Democrats.

WalterMitty has basically even outrighted admitted to wishing that this would happen.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 12:13:53 AM »

The Republicans just wanted to eliminate the auto industry to destroy the UAW, and harm the Democrats.

WalterMitty has basically even outrighted admitted to wishing that this would happen.

no, ive said that the us should get out of auto manufacturing.

that is easier said than done, of course, since so many workers would be affected.

i do certainly blame the unions for the downfall of the auto industry.

The "US getting out of auto manufacturing means the Big Three all closing and everyone involved losing their job. There's no other way. So basically you want the government forcibly close three major coporations because...well there's no reason there other than wanting to rant at unions. But as we are talking three companies, there's no way "The US" can collectively get out of auto manufacturing without destroying them for basically no reason.

For the record I will always love GM for what they did in trying to destroy the disgusting human filth that is Ralph Nader.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies