The Mideast Record-Courier (Exclusive Interview with Roy Barnes) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:17:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Mideast Record-Courier (Exclusive Interview with Roy Barnes) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Mideast Record-Courier (Exclusive Interview with Roy Barnes)  (Read 30818 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: February 12, 2015, 12:02:19 AM »

Senator North Carolina Yankee has not announced his re-election.

Thanks. This has been fixed.

It can be changed back now. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 12:28:50 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Senate_History

Toppling a tower that big is dangerous. Tongue

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 01:36:12 PM »

I was the last Dirty South Senator, the only IDS Senator and first Southern Senator. Amazing what longevity can entail. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 02:39:42 PM »

I was the last Dirty South Senator, the only IDS Senator and first Southern Senator. Amazing what longevity can entail. Tongue

I wish you had voted in that amendment election Tongue

You did start it kind of early and I had to work the weekend. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 01:29:32 AM »

Hellsing Ultimate, Episode ten (see 1 for your pic).

Alucard is the castle
The Count is its core
Kill it a thousand times more.
Your efforts are futile.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 12:49:38 AM »

If you were to watch it, at least the last thirty minutes of it, the parallel would make sense. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 09:59:21 PM »

It is sad to see him go. Sad He was always open minded and fair, even if is activity was lacking. Wink I hope he returns some day.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 09:48:42 PM »

This is in keeping with the leftward shift of the Mideast, which has gone from being a prohibitively conservative region to one in which progressives had the upper hand in recent months, despite the best efforts of conservatives.

Anbody here, seen my old friend Isaac?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He found a lot of people but it seems don't they leave young.
I just looked around and he's gone.

Anbody here, seen my old friend Nathan?
He once made a lot of friends but it seems don't they leave fast.
I just looked around and he's gone.

Anbody here, seen my old friend Bob?
I thought I saw him walking up over the hill.

Anbody here objects to this song, can stick it sideways. Tongue When I see the Mideast of today I think of Tmth, Inks, A-Bob, MasterJedi, Nik, True Con, Big Bad Fab, and Junkie and hate that they are now gone as well as the party that brought them all together.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 12:31:52 AM »

March 30, 2015

National
Former Senator Yankee announces his first-ever campaign for At-Large Senate.

Two New Candidates Enter At-Large Senate Race
The flurry of special announcements that began last week has resulted in two new candidates for At-Large Senate, while two potential candidates chose to forgo a run in favor of other pursuits. With the addition of former Senator North Carolina Yankee (Fed-NC) and Northeast Speaker Blair (Lab-MA) in recent days, the field now consists of four candidates for the Senate, with incumbent Senator Lief (Lab-VT) expected to officially launch his reelection bid in the coming days.

Of these announcements, Mr. Yankee's was perhaps the most anticipated, preceded by a lengthy publicity campaign that raised speculation about a Senate run.

Should Mr. Blair be elected next month, quite likely if incumbent Senator SWE (Lab-NY) stands by his earlier suggestions that he will forgo a second term, his rise  will be among the most rapid in recent history, rivaling Mr. Yankee's progression from private citizen to regional senator in the Summer of 2009.
As far back as 2010 I was being portrayed as an old man. Tongue

As for that rise to prominence, I went from being so new that I was invalid in December, to being a VP candidate a month later. That is now illegal I think, but I might be mistaken.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 12:44:04 AM »

Work On Presidential Library Begins
Refuting rumors that he was planning a bid for the Senate, or else plotting his return as the nation's chief executive, former President AHDuke99 (TPP-TX), known to his supporters simply as "Duke", announced early in the morning on Friday that he had begun work on a project designed to preserve the legacy of his two terms and Atlasia's chief executive. Dubbed the "Duke Presidential Library", the project will compile information on the legislation, struggles, and debates of the Duke Administration, as well as address the South Carolina native's rise to the nation's highest office.

The project was met with much enthusiasm from Mr. Duke's supporters, even inspiring Game Moderator Kalwejt, who briefly served as Acting President in 2011, to launch a presidential library of his own. Among those to laude the endeavor was Northeast Representative and former Governor Winfield (Ind-RI), who said that "this is truly a banner day in the history of this republic." As Mr. Duke is quite possibly the first president to attempt to preserve his legacy in so formal a manner, the library will doubtlessly prove to be an enormous historical asset in an age where the majority of the articles on the national Wikipedia are grossly out of date.

Mr. Duke was first elected president in October 2013. He had previously served several terms in the Senate and as Governor of the Southeast (now the South), in addition to a single term as vice president under President Marokai Blue. Early in his first gubernatorial term, Duke joined a collection of fellow Southerners dissatisfied with the state of federal policy to form the Regional Protection Party, which became one of the foremost Atlasian political parties until voluntarily dissolving in February of 2012. Later that year he became the driving force behind the formation of The People's Party, of which he was the first chairman. As president, he proved unusually capable of building consensus between the left and right, overseeing the bailout of the Pacific Region and the passage of such landmark legislation as the Fair Labor Standards Act. He was reelected by an overwhelming margin in February 2013.

He was reelected in February 2014.

I also object to the word voluntarily dissolved. Tongue It was basically more like, "This is the only chance will get to be rid of evil bgwah, don't you dare stand in the way RPP". Forced is more like it and unnecessarily at that. Marokai and a bunch of others joined us because they hated bgwah and they hated Napoleon. They didn't want to join the party found by Hamilton and so they joined the party that had promoted two of Atlasia's most active and most collaborative Senators. They would have left us the minute the JCP dissolved and tried to start another centrist party. Many RPPers left before dissolution even was a done deal.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 05:40:00 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2015, 05:43:08 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

The weird thing this myopic nostalgia for 2011 (Huh) fails to touch upon is that RPP was terrible. Not that the entire stagnant duopoly wasn't, but you know. I can't fathom pining for the days when BRTD would win a Senate seat on write-in votes because he had a JCP tag.

2010 not 2011.

Because I am proud of what we in the RPP were working for. I am proud of the fact that we worked as a team. Duke, Cincy, PiT, TJ, Junkie, Cathcon, Zuwo and even Marokai as well as so many more. You were never an RPPer, how the hell would you be able to judge our party from the perspective of a willing facilitator of the JCP for so long. Nobody pines for that era because of your party at the time and the way it was run. It was terrible. We never elected a BRTD. We had True Con but he was appointed and didn't run in the election.

And perhaps you as TPP Chair should realize that considering just what Duke had in mind when he created the TPP or perhaps I know more about your party then you do.

I know of no RPPer who joined under my term as chair who left regretting having joined the Party. They loved the RPP that Duke and I had rebuilt from the ashes of 2009. They hated the JCP and its dominance. I never wanted a two-party system. I did everything I could to save the Populares. In hindsight I probably should have just started aggressively seeking to poach their members and kept them in the game instead of letting them slip away like Goldwater who first joined for six months as a Populares in 2010. One vote closer to electing Duke over Snowguy.

I will never accept the dissolution of the RPP because we paid the price for bgwah's exit from the stage since he was too much of a narcissist to not do something like that and no one had the balls to shake things up organically as long as he was around (So like all leftists, the approach to the problem is force Tongue). Also because we ran a party the our members could be proud of. Former RPPers are now found in Labor, TPP and Federalist Parties. The failure to appreciate the RPPs legacy from another whose perspective came from that of the left at that time, helped cost your party a Senate seat recently.

I for one cannot fathom this desire on the part of leftists and former members of the JCP to project the way that the JCP ran onto the RPP and assume they were two sides of the same coin. We operated completely differently.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 11:03:56 PM »

Duke must have thought otherwise, otherwise your present party wouldn't exist right now. Tongue

Yes we were working to be a reasonable, mainstream conservative Party. However, we also maintained our original founding purpose, that of supporting and preserving Regions and pushing for reforms that improved the game whilst not harming the former. Towards the end we were close but just a little short, of achieving parity with the JCP and without resorting to its style and tactics, something you were hardly thrilled with as I recall. That is what the RPP was about. And if I live to to see the seven wonders, I'll never live to match the glory again (had to throw in an eighties reference somewhere Tongue). I sure as hell plan to try though.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 06:34:30 PM »

It is furthermore to be questioned whether electing Mr. Yankee, a storied public figure who served for nearly six years in the Senate without suffering a single electoral defeat, will do anything to rebuild the party's bench, which has shrunk since the collapse of Potus2036's presidential campaign in February and the formation of the Civic Renewal party, which drew several prominent former Federalists - including former President Lumine Von Reuental and At-Large Senator Cris - away from the party.

Actually I suffered two defeats, both as VP candidates on defeated tickets. Tongue

Yes, indeed, because it is not like we have elected candidates to other offices over the last month or anything... Tongue

#IC7
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 01:23:14 AM »

Is the NE trending against Labor? Surprisingly close there.

It's Florida 2000 in the Northeast

How many inactive leftists does Labor spoon feed a ballot too every every election or if not, outright copies someone else's ballot that they trust? Please dismount thee high horse.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 11:14:31 PM »

Truman, you need to print a correction.

As far I am aware at this time, the whole "Sawx was Hamilton" is false. It was an IRC joke that spread to AAD then back here. Sawx was banned following an unfortunate exchange with Snowstalker, that involved threats being communicated. Also both Hamilton and Sawx have been on IRC at that same time, which would require two seperate computers and make interacting very difficult.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2015, 01:41:08 AM »

Definitely one of the most surprising results we have had in a while - the polls were way off. Pleased to see a special election getting such high turnout! Smiley

2015 = #AtlasianPollFailFTW
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies