The Mideast Record-Courier (Exclusive Interview with Roy Barnes) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:06:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Mideast Record-Courier (Exclusive Interview with Roy Barnes) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Mideast Record-Courier (Exclusive Interview with Roy Barnes)  (Read 30747 times)
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« on: February 04, 2015, 02:06:33 PM »

Respecting basic journalism ethics - for instance, by not spreading rumors,
How was I "spreading rumors"? The comment you are referring to was made by Tmthforu, not me or anyone else affiliated with the Record-Courier. When an interviewee responds to one of my questions, I print his answer; I don't pick through his response and remove the parts I don't like or disagree with.
Were this a real publication, you would be right in saying that I should have asked follow-up questions to flesh out the article. But it's not. There is nothing "unethical" about me publishing a comment Tmthforu easily could have made in any other thread on this board.

I go to all reasonable lengths to make sure the information printed here is factually accurate. I might have spelled a name wrong or misplaced a comma now and again, but I hardly think I am guilty of spreading falsehoods.

Nor is my criticism of the Courier grounded in malice. I don't know where you're getting that idea.
This is the comment I was referring to:

Shedding light on Tmth's departure would mean asking follow up questions, providing context, and seeking out other perspectives. None of which you have done. What's the point of conducting an interview if you're just providing a soapbox? This isn't a paper, it's a mouthpiece. Just label them "press releases" from now on and stop pretending that you're a journalist. Even Fantasyland has higher standards than this.

This seemed to me to be an attack on me and my ethics, not on the quality of this publication. I'm glad to hear that was not your intention.

I really would not worry about it. Mr. Nix seems to like rushing to judgments on many people in Atlasia. He has talked down to me on numerous occasions; it is not a surprise that he is going around and spreading his ill will.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 09:07:00 PM »

I noticed this in the federal elections and thought it was hilarious. I think it's incredibly clear that putting NOTA as your 4th preference with none others after it means you're purposefully voting a blank ballot. What other reason would there be to put "None of the Above" below your votes?

/ghost out
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies