FL-SEN 2022: Nothing to see here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:01:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN 2022: Nothing to see here (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-SEN 2022: Nothing to see here  (Read 31539 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 26, 2022, 04:36:24 PM »

All that money is being misspent and will ultimately be proven to be a waste. It's like the millions poured into unwindable races in 2020 (such as KY and SC). Democratic donors should know better and spend their bucks wisely, in races where it actually makes a difference (perhaps ALL the difference) - PA, GA, AZ, NV. Absolutely NOT in a, let's face it, rightward-trending state, against a guy who won last time by 7 points and outran Trump by 6 point. I don't care if Rubio voted against SSM or is running a poor campaign, because neither do Florida voters. HE WILL WIN IN 2020 REGARDLESS OF THE AMOUNT OF MONEY DEMINGS AND FOOLISH DEMOCRATIC DONORS BLOW ON THIS RACE. The same can't be said of Walker or Masters or Oz, so the money should really be going to people in stronger positions like Warnock and Kelly and Fetterman and CCM.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 04:50:38 PM »

All that money is being misspent and will ultimately be proven to be a waste. It's like the millions poured into unwindable races in 2020 (such as KY and SC). Democratic donors should know better and spend their bucks wisely, in races where it actually makes a difference (perhaps ALL the difference) - PA, GA, AZ, NV. Absolutely NOT in a, let's face it, rightward-trending state, against a guy who won last time by 7 points and outran Trump by 6 point. I don't care if Rubio voted against SSM or is running a poor campaign, because neither do Florida voters. HE WILL WIN IN 2020 REGARDLESS OF THE AMOUNT OF MONEY DEMINGS AND FOOLISH DEMOCRATIC DONORS BLOW ON THIS RACE. The same can't be said of Walker or Masters or Oz, so the money should really be going to people in stronger positions like Warnock and Kelly and Fetterman and CCM.

Not sure why people always assume it's an 'either or'. Anyone who is donating to Demings from out of state is likely donating to those candidates too.

Yeah, but why waste even a buck on a race we're going to lose? Better to spend those resources where they'll be much better spent - PA, or GA, or AZ, or NV. All those spare dimes people are throwing into FL are clearly adding up if donors have cumulatively poured over $12 million into this race. These funds should have been allocated better - in the actually competitive races. And I'm fine with this money being wasted in FL if, and only if, FL goes blue, or if PA/GA/AZ/NV all go blue. But if any of PA/GA/AZ/NV very narrowly (as in less than a point) go Republican, and FL goes red too despite the amount of money spent there, then my point will have been proven: that the money was spent very stupidly and had it been better spent Democrats could have been in a better position in the Senate.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 07:49:05 PM »

Not sure why people always assume it's an 'either or'. Anyone who is donating to Demings from out of state is likely donating to those candidates too.

Yeah, but why waste even a buck on a race we're going to lose? Better to spend those resources where they'll be much better spent - PA, or GA, or AZ, or NV. All those spare dimes people are throwing into FL are clearly adding up if donors have cumulatively poured over $12 million into this race. These funds should have been allocated better - in the actually competitive races. And I'm fine with this money being wasted in FL if, and only if, FL goes blue, or if PA/GA/AZ/NV all go blue. But if any of PA/GA/AZ/NV very narrowly (as in less than a point) go Republican, and FL goes red too despite the amount of money spent there, then my point will have been proven: that the money was spent very stupidly and had it been better spent Democrats could have been in a better position in the Senate.
If Florida goes Blue so would Ohio, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania & North Carolina and most likely Georgia, Arizona, Nevada as well. Democrats would have a 55-45 Senate. It would be a D-Wave in Biden Midterm Year. I'd say this Scenario is very unlikely.

I'm confused. How are you certain that OH, WI and NC would go blue if you're not certain that GA, AZ and NV (all states where Democratic chances are less bleak than in OH/WI/NC) would too? Anyway, I more or less agree with you. That's my point: FL ain't going blue. If it does, though, I'd say GA/AZ/NV/WI/PA/NC all do too (this would boost the Democratic total to 54 if you count FL). OH might, but not guaranteed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies