Trump: "I don't want poor people in my cabinet" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:45:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump: "I don't want poor people in my cabinet" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump: "I don't want poor people in my cabinet"  (Read 2896 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: June 22, 2017, 09:06:58 AM »

Neither did Obama or Bush or Clinton or Bush or Reagan or Carter.... et cetera, et cetera. Quite frankly, Ross is more qualified than 99.99999% of Americans. This is just Trump saying what every other President has thought.
Again the problem is Trump is suppose to be this "shake up DC" populist an while it was obvious bullsh*t to anyone who isn't his supporters the fact is his supporters still say he is even though he day by day is acting more an more like an establishment shill

"His supporters" say that in the sense that you're talking about his most loyal and rabid and unflinching worshipers like Sanchez.  Most of "his supporters," as in people who cast their ballot for him, just wanted a Republican in the White House and could not care less about his "populism."
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 02:30:22 PM »

Be honest people: how many poor people do you know who'd even be qualified to run a federal department? Using a sensible definition of poor, anyway...

Aren't you supposed to be some kind of Christian "communitarian"?

Does he not fit into your bubble you've created for Christians (over 75% of the population)?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 03:09:44 PM »

Be honest people: how many poor people do you know who'd even be qualified to run a federal department? Using a sensible definition of poor, anyway...

Aren't you supposed to be some kind of Christian "communitarian"?

Dude doesn't want poor people running federal departments, yet his savior is a homeless Middle Eastern refugee carpenter born in a manger to an unwed teenage mother...

It's beyond that. My takeaway is that politically this poster supports a kind of all-around big government philosophy - welfarism tinged with a thoroughgoing moralistic busybodyism. It's simply jarring to hear anti-poor rhetoric from a bleeding heart.

The time has come for thoroughgoing individualists to put Christianity to bed.

Too bad most individualists are Christians.  Good luck.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies