SENATE RESOLUTION: The Recall of Senators Amendment (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:02:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE RESOLUTION: The Recall of Senators Amendment (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE RESOLUTION: The Recall of Senators Amendment (Passed)  (Read 5096 times)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« on: March 08, 2019, 10:45:25 AM »

"Senators shall be subject to recall in each Region, according to the provisions that at least a quarter of registered voters in the respective Region must sign a petition to initiate a recall, an initiated recall vote must require the turnout of at least half of registered voters in the respective Region; and 3/5 of all votes, excluding abstentions, must be cast in favor of the recall; but no Region shall make or enforce any Act or other Rule prescribing regular elections for the Senate, except in accordance with the provisions established herein"

This amendment, to set the standards for recall, was agreed to on Discord. i would hope that a Senator would sponsor this amendment.

Agreed to by who? Random people in chat? Influential House members who voted nay last time?

Generally House members (but also random people in chat). Revising the chat I can certainly say Louisville Thunder and Jimmy claimed to support an ammended version, both of whom voted to table the ammendment in the House last time.

For full disclosure, I did not approve of allowing recalls without activity limits to prevent active senators from being recalled. Jimmy only supported the minimum turnout/supermajority requirments while I support both.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 12:13:16 PM »

I still insist on adding some restrictions to Senatorial recalls like turnout and percentage requirements in addition to maybe limiting this to the previous electorate.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 02:06:18 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: