Scott Walker's college problem (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:03:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Scott Walker's college problem (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How big of an issue will it be that Walker was a drop-out?
Huge issue that will prevent him from going far

An issue that could be big if played right by the opposition

Some might care, but overall not that big of an issue

Better chance that it helps him rather than hurts him

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 98

Author Topic: Scott Walker's college problem  (Read 8248 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: February 13, 2015, 08:53:37 PM »
« edited: February 13, 2015, 08:57:05 PM by Invisible Obama »

I do think that if voters know about it, it would be an issue some. And the fact he has had no real private sector career might also really standout. I think Presidents do need something on their resume besides multiple elected offices, they should be well rounded. You should have a profession and Scott Walker does not have one. I don't see him being attacked for it, but I do think it will be noticeable.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 11:02:06 PM »

Scott Walker didn't build a company or have a real profession like Gates or Jobs. I have serious reservations about any politician who doesn't have an actual profession.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 11:29:53 AM »

Scott Walker didn't build a company or have a real profession like Gates or Jobs. I have serious reservations about any politician who doesn't have an actual profession.
he worked for IBM and the Red Cross for a few years.

I was talking about in the context comparing him to Gates and Jobs. He's nowhere near being like them.

Obama? Hillary?

Obama and Hillary worked at law firms, and Hillary has been on faculty.

What? He pursued a marketing degree while working part time at IBM in a sales position. IBM later offered him a full time marketing job. He then dropped out of college because this was the job he wanted when he graduated college anyway. He then went on to fundraising for the Red Cross on the basis of this experience.

Walker is pretty awful and a bad candidate too, but this "issue" is a complete non-starter.

He doesn't have an actually profession like other candidates, that's all I'm pointing out. His private sector experience is far less than his service in public office.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 11:53:08 AM »

I was talking about in the context comparing him to Gates and Jobs. He's nowhere near being like them.

Obama? Hillary?

What? He pursued a marketing degree while working part time at IBM in a sales position. IBM later offered him a full time marketing job. He then dropped out of college because this was the job he wanted when he graduated college anyway. He then went on to fundraising for the Red Cross on the basis of this experience.

Walker is pretty awful and a bad candidate too, but this "issue" is a complete non-starter.

He doesn't have an actually profession like other candidates, that's all I'm pointing out. His private sector experience is far less than his service in public office.

Law Firms?Huh??  Anyone can be a lawyer and any lawyer can create their own business. Youre suggesting being governor of a mid sized state is less qualifying than being a lawyer in some two bit law firm.

I think you are getting confused here. Someone compared Walker to Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, which is inaccurate, since Walker didn't do what they did. Clinton and Obama had a profession they worked at besides political service. It's two separate things, but the point is, Walker's career has mainly been political.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 12:02:01 PM »

Obama? Hillary?

Law Firms?Huh??  Anyone can be a lawyer and any lawyer can create their own business. Youre suggesting being governor of a mid sized state is less qualifying than being a lawyer in some two bit law firm.

I think you are getting confused here. Someone compared Walker to Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, which is inaccurate, since Walker didn't do what they did. Clinton and Obama had a profession they worked at besides political service. It's two separate things, but the point is, Walker's career has mainly been political.

the point is you dont need college to excel in life

Well, no. When you can run for public office and get political support, college isn't necessary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies