Republican Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @3pm ET?) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:22:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @3pm ET?) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Republican Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @3pm ET?)  (Read 53778 times)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« on: March 05, 2016, 10:34:15 PM »

I can't believe I'm rooting for Cruz to win both races. Never thought I'd see the day.

Why?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 10:35:57 PM »

It's obvious that Cruz exceeded expectations. I wonder where that gets us.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 10:39:18 PM »

So Cruz wins are much wider than Trump wins... seems like a better night for Cruz than Trump anecdotally.

Yes, but a bad night for the Republican Party.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 10:46:00 PM »

This is terrible what the Establishment hacks are trying to do to the Party. At this point, they should be coalescing around TRUMP, not scheming to derail him.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 10:48:13 PM »

This is terrible what the Establishment hacks are trying to do to the Party. At this point, they should be coalescing around TRUMP, not scheming to derail him.

Trump is toxic...

Without TRUMP the Party will lose. Big time.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 10:52:09 PM »

Trump is toxic...

Without TRUMP the Party will lose. Big time.

The party is going to lose even worse WITH Trump as the nominee...apparently you haven't been following the polls

You are delusional. If TRUMP is not the nominee, you can kiss goodbye the presidency and the Senate.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 11:02:54 PM »

I think an under-reported story is Trump significantly underperforming the polls in nearly every state so far.

Trump always loses with voters who made their decision in the last minute. I think it's obvious why that is.

Yes. That's because the Establishment is against TRUMP.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 11:06:17 PM »

Nah. The establishment would knee cap Cruz in a brokered convention if they had the chance.

Yes, with ease. Who would be the nominee then?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 11:08:34 PM »

Nah. The establishment would knee cap Cruz in a brokered convention if they had the chance.

Yes, with ease. Who would be the nominee then?

That loser? Watch for a 2012 repeat then.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 11:12:23 PM »

Cruz+trump loyalists would almost certainly be a majority, so the votes would not be there for an establishment nominee. Cruz could deliberately engineer a slow leak from establishment and trump to him, point to that as momentum, and then manufacture actual momentum. trump's delegates will be leaving him because it's clear a large number of them will be hacks who were simply forced into supporting him, whereas Rubio/Kasich will be losing delegates to new entrants. The new entrants can be attacked by the line "why didn't you run in the primaries", so they'll have a cap which is under 50%. Only Cruz will be able to win. Boom.

That's a fantasy scenario. All delegates are Establishment hacks and they will vote for whoever the Establishment decides. It ain't gonna be Cruz.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 11:14:43 PM »

Question - Could Rubio pull the chute before Florida to save his career?

He is not smart enough for that.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2016, 11:15:57 PM »

It's sad to see the GOP implode over itself like this. The party should have noticed the warning signs

What warning signs? You and the other TRUMP haters are causing the implosion.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 11:20:02 PM »

It's sad to see the GOP implode over itself like this. The party should have noticed the warning signs

What warning signs? You and the other TRUMP haters are causing the implosion.

How are we causing the problem? Trump is doing that himself.

You are uniting against TRUMP instead of coalescing around him. You are causing the implosion.

It’s not a normal treatment of the frontrunner and it’s one indicative of having the desire to stop him and not thinking about the consequences in the general.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2016, 11:22:45 PM »

For the good of the party THAT IS WHY we're against him, me and so many others will never vote for him because he can't come up with decent policy positions, his campaign has brought out the worst in people with passionate xenophobia, racism, etc., and we're fighting to prevent that.

Then, the Republican Party will lose.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 11:30:28 PM »

Voting for trump is not thinking about the consequences in the general. Thankfully, the party is refusing to do that en masse.

Show me how any Establishment hack wins in the general.
TRUMP is the only one who brings a lot of crossover Democratic votes.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2016, 11:33:20 PM »

Voting for trump is not thinking about the consequences in the general. Thankfully, the party is refusing to do that en masse.

Yet it gets cancelled out with the turn off from Hispanics and Republicans who won't vote for Trump. Hispanics will cause Trump to lose and rightfully so.

Republicans will come home for the general. Hispanics are not needed.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 11:35:35 PM »

Yet it gets cancelled out with the turn off from Hispanics and Republicans who won't vote for Trump. Hispanics will cause Trump to lose and rightfully so.

lol, trump voters are dying by the day, the hispanic opulation will only grow

Yes, but in 2016, they are not needed.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 11:36:27 PM »

Yes Hispanics are needed, you're going to throw out the fastest growing demographic in America? We NEED Hispanics to win states like Florida, Colorado, Nevada, etc., give me a break

Florida are different kind of Hispanics. The other states are lost causes.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2016, 11:38:07 PM »

I think that is what Romney thought too.

Romney didn't have the crossover Democrat vote. Plus Evangelicals booted Romney.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2016, 11:40:32 PM »

Evangelicals DID come out for Romney.....

Hispanics is what KILLED Romney in the general when he did worse than McCain by only GETTING 27% OF THEM

DID NOT. Check out the election results. A lot of them stayed home. Compare to 2004 W's results.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2016, 11:41:21 PM »

Ljube clearly wants the GOP to remain the white person party by essentially dismissing minority votes. Not surprised given the TRUMP support.

It's the only way in 2016 and probably in 2020.
We'll see in the future.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2016, 11:53:08 PM »

Stupidest thing posted on Atlas in a long time. And that's saying something.

Oh, plus the casual racism of "F$%k the needs and considerations of over 1/5 the American people" is tres magnifique!

Trying to impress me with your French? Look Badger, there is no way any Republican is going to win a significant percentage of the Hispanic vote, so why even try? Best double down on whites and try to win PA and MI.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2016, 11:56:27 PM »

At this point, I think Ljube is just trolling.

Sure. Just remember this - if the Republican nominee is not TRUMP, the Democrats are going to win this fall.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2016, 12:02:59 AM »

Stupidest thing posted on Atlas in a long time. And that's saying something.

Oh, plus the casual racism of "F$%k the needs and considerations of over 1/5 the American people" is tres magnifique!

Trying to impress me with your French? Look Badger, there is no way any Republican is going to win a significant percentage of the Hispanic vote, so why even try? Best double down on whites and try to win PA and MI.

You know just let you know that is one of the biggest reasons why minorities do not vote for Republicans because of that exact sentiment that you are feeling right now both Rose go to vote Democrat so why should we try to get their boats was just try to get even more white people yeah the Republican Party is max out on whites already you know there were Republican candidates who actively reach out to the Hispanic and African American communities and you know what they vote more for that candidate than they do for the National Party because people actually care enough to try to win their votes instead of outright ignoring them like you're doing you're the reason why the party is not appealing to these groups of people so why don't you grow up and actually learn to be a sensible human being

I don't understand how you came to this conclusion about me. For the record, I would like the party to be more inclusive and to address the needs of the minorities, but that's just not possible, because the policies of the Republican Party don't resonate with minorities.
My suggestion to go all-in on whites is just a pragmatic proposal. After all, I hope we all want to the Republican Party to win the election, although I'm not so sure about you and the rest of the anti-Trump crowd.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2016, 12:07:03 AM »

Most Hispanics also know when an old white guy talks about deporting "Mexicans", he means everyone from south of the Rio Grande. That brings in the growing Hispanic populations in swing states like VA, NC, even GA (maybe), and yes FL too.

Can you count to 269 Badger? You know how many states you need to win?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies