Confirmation Hearing for PiT (The Physicist) for Associate Justice (South) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:27:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing for PiT (The Physicist) for Associate Justice (South) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing for PiT (The Physicist) for Associate Justice (South)  (Read 1878 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 25, 2018, 04:22:04 AM »

I have no reservations with this nominee and I plan to vote in favor of confirming him. PiT is highly qualified and suited to serve on the court.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 02:01:34 PM »

I oppose conservatives on any bench.

They don't believe in human rights and "somehow" believe that turning back the clock to a time when women, minorities and lbgt people had very little rights and no liberty is somehow the right time period to dictate current affairs.

Our founders were forward thinkers that wanted to advance human rights and human liberty. Most of them wouldn't want that stalled for hundreds of years and would be in shock to see so many people opposed to basic rights for all. Do you realize that we'd still have slavery today if people didn't fight to change what was considered constitutional? Same could be said about woman's right to vote and basic rights for all.

I respect the constitution as it is a master piece, but realize that its framers wanted to keep progress moving forward. If not, why did they fight against the concept of having a king? and instead chose something very different.

I recommend taking this ignorance elsewhere. Clearly you know absolutely nothing about PiT. He's highly respected by other posters of all ideologies, and not a single thing you are claiming he supports is true.

All that ridiculousness aside, PiT is incredibly qualified to serve on the court, and is an excellent choice. I hope that our region's delegates can see the same things everyone else in Atlasia sees in him.

TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 04:58:16 AM »

This nomination is henceforth being given a final vote.
[] aye
[] nay
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 04:58:50 AM »

Aye
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 10:17:42 AM »

Pit1 has been confirmed to the office of Associate Justice, by an unanimous vote with all seven voting in favor.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies