California independence updates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:49:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  California independence updates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: California independence updates  (Read 763 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 26, 2016, 12:11:05 PM »

I doubt a secession effort would/will be successful. Even if voters approve it (what I question), congress would never allow the departure of the state. Because if they do, it could be the end of the union as we know it. It would help efforts in other states to become an independent country, most notably TX.

I'm also still confidant that secession would do more harm than good for CA. Sure, the Trumpster is a serious concern, but he won't be president forever.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 12:20:09 PM »

I doubt a secession effort would/will be successful. Even if voters approve it (what I question), congress would never allow the departure of the state. Because if they do, it could be the end of the union as we know it. It would help efforts in other states to become an independent country, most notably TX.

I'm also still confidant that secession would do more harm than good for CA. Sure, the Trumpster is a serious concern, but he won't be president forever.

I don't know. Is there really anything that would stop Trump from refusing to accept an election result or recognize term limits? I could see him ignoring both of those things based on his arrogance.

Call me naive, but I think if it gets really bad and he tries to ignore/overrule existing law, he gets impeached and the story is over. I don't hope it for the better of the country and because I have no desire the homophobic radio talk show host takes over.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies