The NY-26 Election. Have fun but keep your shirt on. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:39:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The NY-26 Election. Have fun but keep your shirt on. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The NY-26 Election. Have fun but keep your shirt on.  (Read 50476 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 20, 2011, 11:46:02 PM »

Before too many Democrats here start putting their hands down their pants, Corwin isn't exactly a liberal Republican.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »

Capital (sic) Tonight really wants this TEA party challenge to happen, don't they?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 02:18:33 PM »

It's worth noting that the TEA Party's problem here isn't that Corwin is too moderate, it's that the GOP didn't bow down and suck its **** during the selection process. They'll have trouble getting people to rally around that as a motivating reason for voting for a spoiler candidate.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 09:25:50 AM »

There doesn't seem to be much "there" there.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 02:45:58 PM »

Remember that if Jack Davis makes the ballot he will officially be referred as the "Tea Party" candidate so you would think he would take mostly conservative votes.

Remember that this is a special election. That tactic didn't work in 2010, and it certainly won't work in a 2011 election where voters are better informed.

Jack Davis will not get enough votes to be a factor in this race.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 11:14:14 PM »

Remember that if Jack Davis makes the ballot he will officially be referred as the "Tea Party" candidate so you would think he would take mostly conservative votes.

Remember that this is a special election. That tactic didn't work in 2010, and it certainly won't work in a 2011 election where voters are better informed.

Jack Davis will not get enough votes to be a factor in this race.

So it's immaterial that he has piles of money he can spend, whereas those "Tea Party" candidates last year were paper candidates?

That's what I'm saying, yes. He's got no natural constituency. The paper candidates last year did.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 08:44:07 PM »

I don't see why they wouldn't go with the conservative Republican. What I guess I'm saying is that he may bring a few people to the polls who wouldn't have otherwise gone to the polls, but he won't win more than a percentage point or two of those who would go to the polls regardless of whether or not he's a candidate.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 09:39:13 AM »

I still question whether those Davis people will actually go to the polls, but I guess we'll have to see.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 03:25:55 PM »

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/05/12/starting_trouble_in_ny-26.html

If this really turns out to have been the way it looks in this short video, this could be Jack Davis' 'macaca moment'.

Sure didn't help Bob Etheridge, that's for sure.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 03:43:52 PM »

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/05/12/starting_trouble_in_ny-26.html

If this really turns out to have been the way it looks in this short video, this could be Jack Davis' 'macaca moment'.

Gotta love the comically melodramatic reaction from the obnoxious cameraman.

I GOT HIT SO HARD I CAN'T STOP SHAKING MAYBE IT CAUSED A SEIZUREEEEEEEEEE
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 09:05:43 AM »

Not necessarily. Staffers are free to help out with political campaigns in their own free time. They'd run into legal issues if he was doing this during the workday or if he used state resources in some way.

In my experience, almost every legislative office staffer winds up doubling as a political campaign staffer -- most save up vacation days for use in late October/early November. It's definitely illegal for the two efforts to overlap, which is why campaigns, candidates, and staffers usually go to great lengths to ensure they operate within the law.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies