Fiorina YUUUUUUGE RALLY in Iowa
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:28:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Fiorina YUUUUUUGE RALLY in Iowa
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Fiorina YUUUUUUGE RALLY in Iowa  (Read 2823 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2015, 02:45:56 AM »

I don't quite understand what happened to Fiorina. The 2nd debate in mid-September (Fiorina's 1st) she won according to polls, as strongly as anyone has won a debate. After that she surged into 3rd place behind Trump and Carson and stayed there until 2 months ago. I always thought she was extremely likely to implode but what triggered it?

Naturally you don't understand. And you won't understand when Trump becomes President.

It's one thing for Herr Trump to win the Republican nomination, it's quite another for him to become President. Even the stupidest liberal is more intelligent than the smartest conservative.

sh**t like this is why liberals lose. Holy sh**t.

So true.  The right-wing echo chamber builds off the idea that Democrats are delusional, hapless, nitpicky, PC, and easily-misled.  The left-wing echo chamber starts from the premise that Republicans are all complete idiots, and then throws in various flavors of bigotry and hatred for ordinary people.
Republicans think:  "This country's going to hell and someone's got to stop it, damn it"
Democrats think:  "Even the stupidest liberal is more intelligent than the smartest conservative, and even the most wicked, evil liberal is a better person than the most decent conservative"
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2015, 03:03:31 AM »

I don't quite understand what happened to Fiorina. The 2nd debate in mid-September (Fiorina's 1st) she won according to polls, as strongly as anyone has won a debate. After that she surged into 3rd place behind Trump and Carson and stayed there until 2 months ago. I always thought she was extremely likely to implode but what triggered it?

Naturally you don't understand. And you won't understand when Trump becomes President.

It's one thing for Herr Trump to win the Republican nomination, it's quite another for him to become President. Even the stupidest liberal is more intelligent than the smartest conservative.

So true.  The right-wing echo chamber builds off the idea that Democrats are delusional, hapless, nitpicky, PC, and easily-misled.  The left-wing echo chamber starts from the premise that Republicans are all complete idiots, and then throws in various flavors of bigotry and hatred for ordinary people.
Republicans think:  "This country's going to hell and someone's got to stop it, damn it"
Democrats think:  "Even the stupidest liberal is more intelligent than the smartest conservative, and even the most wicked, evil liberal is a better person than the most decent conservative"

I actually don't go to any echo chamber.  The closest is politicalwire.com but the discussion is usually of very high quality there.

While I was being a little deliberately over the top, there are, in fact, repeated psychological studies that show that:
1.Conservatives are far more likely to think in black and white terms and are less capable of comprehending a nuanced argument.

2.Conservatives are much more easily frightened than liberals.

Both of these are repeatedly evident from having conversations with conservative minded people, which, if I only went to echo chambers, I wouldn't have done.

So, while my comment was obviously somewhat provocative, there is a great deal of evidence that there is, in fact, a great deal of truth to it.

This is especially true in the modern U.S context where even some Republicans concede they've become 'the party of stupid'  and then they proceed to behave even more stupidly.

From my observation each generation of Republicans is more stupid than the prior one.  There has always been a strain of anti intellectualism in the Republican Party but I don't think they've ever been the dominant majority in the party as they are now. 

Oh, and only a person who spends most of their time in right wing echo chambers would say that Democrats 'throw in various flavors of bigotry and hatred for ordinary people.'  There are some Democrats who say negative things about southerners in politicalwire, but they are always shouted down by far more people.  I haven't been to dailykos in years, except for the one guy who does the daily Congressional election update, but when I was last there that was the same thing that occurred.

Compare that to frequency and near universal approval in right wing echo chambers for outright hatred of poor or homeless people.

So, yes, all in all, the stupidest liberal is, in fact, more intelligent than the smartest conservative.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2015, 03:25:05 AM »
« Edited: December 09, 2015, 03:29:11 AM by SteveMcQueen »

It's one thing for Herr Trump to win the Republican nomination, it's quite another for him to become President. Even the stupidest liberal is more intelligent than the smartest conservative.

So true.  The right-wing echo chamber builds off the idea that Democrats are delusional, hapless, nitpicky, PC, and easily-misled.  The left-wing echo chamber starts from the premise that Republicans are all complete idiots, and then throws in various flavors of bigotry and hatred for ordinary people.
Republicans think:  "This country's going to hell and someone's got to stop it, damn it"
Democrats think:  "Even the stupidest liberal is more intelligent than the smartest conservative, and even the most wicked, evil liberal is a better person than the most decent conservative"

I actually don't go to any echo chamber.  The closest is politicalwire.com but the discussion is usually of very high quality there.

While I was being a little deliberately over the top, there are, in fact, repeated psychological studies that show that:
1.Conservatives are far more likely to think in black and white terms and are less capable of comprehending a nuanced argument.

Both of these are repeatedly evident from having conversations with conservative minded people, which, if I only went to echo chambers, I wouldn't have done.

So, while my comment was obviously somewhat provocative, there is a great deal of evidence that there is, in fact, a great deal of truth to it.

This is especially true in the modern U.S context where even some Republicans concede they've become 'the party of stupid'  and then they proceed to behave even more stupidly.

From my observation each generation of Republicans is more stupid than the prior one.  There has always been a strain of anti intellectualism in the Republican Party but I don't think they've ever been the dominant majority in the party as they are now.  

Oh, and only a person who spends most of their time in right wing echo chambers would say that Democrats 'throw in various flavors of bigotry and hatred for ordinary people.'  There are some Democrats who say negative things about southerners in politicalwire, but they are always shouted down by far more people.  I haven't been to dailykos in years, except for the one guy who does the daily Congressional election update, but when I was last there that was the same thing that occurred.

Compare that to frequency and near universal approval in right wing echo chambers for outright hatred of poor or homeless people.

So, yes, all in all, the stupidest liberal is, in fact, more intelligent than the smartest conservative.

I'm not going to have this fight with you because you're an idiot.
But I do want to point out in my own defense that you've blatantly and knowingly lied about what I wrote.  I said that the left-wing echo chamber targets Republicans with scattershot claims of bigotry.  You wrote that I said Democrats do that and specifically addressed your comment to a fabricated claim of individual Democrats practicing what I claim are the practices of the left-wing echo chamber as a media entity/phenomenon.  Shame on you.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2015, 03:38:49 AM »
« Edited: December 09, 2015, 04:13:13 AM by Adam T »

It's one thing for Herr Trump to win the Republican nomination, it's quite another for him to become President. Even the stupidest liberal is more intelligent than the smartest conservative.

So true.  The right-wing echo chamber builds off the idea that Democrats are delusional, hapless, nitpicky, PC, and easily-misled.  The left-wing echo chamber starts from the premise that Republicans are all complete idiots, and then throws in various flavors of bigotry and hatred for ordinary people.
Republicans think:  "This country's going to hell and someone's got to stop it, damn it"
Democrats think:  "Even the stupidest liberal is more intelligent than the smartest conservative, and even the most wicked, evil liberal is a better person than the most decent conservative"

I actually don't go to any echo chamber.  The closest is politicalwire.com but the discussion is usually of very high quality there.

This is especially true in the modern U.S context where even some Republicans concede they've become 'the party of stupid'  and then they proceed to behave even more stupidly.

From my observation each generation of Republicans is more stupid than the prior one.  There has always been a strain of anti intellectualism in the Republican Party but I don't think they've ever been the dominant majority in the party as they are now.  

Oh, and only a person who spends most of their time in right wing echo chambers would say that Democrats 'throw in various flavors of bigotry and hatred for ordinary people.'  There are some Democrats who say negative things about southerners in politicalwire, but they are always shouted down by far more people.  I haven't been to dailykos in years, except for the one guy who does the daily Congressional election update, but when I was last there that was the same thing that occurred.

I'm not going to have this fight with you because you're an idiot.
But I do want to point out in my own defense that you've blatantly and knowingly lied about what I wrote.  I said that the left-wing echo chamber targets Republicans with scattershot claims of bigotry.  You wrote that I said Democrats do that and specifically addressed your comment to a fabricated claim of individual Democrats practicing what I claim are the practices of the left-wing echo chamber as a media entity/phenomenon.  Shame on you.

I must be an idiot as I have no idea what you wrote above even means.  As far as I can tell you're making a distinction between left wingers and Democrats.  I can tell you completely honestly that I did not do that blatantly or knowingly.  I also directly quoted what you wrote.  If you meant that it's the Republicans who then throw various flavors of bigotry and hatred towards ordinary people, I unintentionally misunderstood what you wrote, and I apologize for the misunderstanding.

That said, at a minimum, this: " You wrote that I said Democrats do that and specifically addressed your comment to a fabricated claim of individual Democrats practicing what I claim are the practices of the left-wing echo chamber as a media entity/phenomenon" is a horrible run-on sentence and there are probably more grammatical problems with it than I can identify, and, at least to me, that sentence is completely incomprehensible.  And, your comment which I addressed previously in a way that got you so riled up was similarly filled with bad grammar.

So, maybe the problem with my understanding of your writing is because I'm an idiot, but I think it's also because your words are unclear.

Even if I am an idiot however, I'm still more intelligent than the smartest conservative.

Edited to add: Most of the Time I don't like to Stereotype people,  but I suspect you have a PhD in some arts discipline and have fallen into the terrible graduate level view of believing that incomprehensible sentences are the way that PhDs are supposed to write.  

I don't know where that view in some academic circles originated, but I had an English Instructor once with a PhD in journalism who pleaded with us that if we went on to take graduate level courses to never give in to the temptation of writing that way.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2015, 04:12:35 AM »

To the broader point of 'comments like that are why Democrats lose."  I know that Adlai Stevenson made some comment, albeit probably in jest, about how he needed the votes of stupid people if he hoped to win, but I personally think that Democrats should embrace being 'the part of smart' completely and should run, not necessarily as intellectuals, and certainly not using the grammatical style of some PhDs, but as people who embrace nuance and study and making 'evidenced based decisions.'

The world is a complicated place and I think embracing that reality and running campaigns that deal with that reality will ultimately be far more successful than campaigns that run on being the 'party of the slightly less stupid.'
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies