The absentee/early vote thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 03:44:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The absentee/early vote thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The absentee/early vote thread  (Read 172939 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 13, 2016, 12:35:27 PM »

Too bad the rest of Wisconsin doesn't have early voting like the city of Milwaukee. They started on September 24. I have off this week, would have love to have voted early. Have to wait until October 24th and rush after I get off work since they close a half hour after.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 10:51:43 AM »

Florida VBM numbers

Ballot requests not turned in:

GOP: 968,714
DEM: 936,567
IND: 446,354
Other: 57,713

Ballots cast:

DEM: 228,975
GOP: 228,625
IND: 84,625
Other: 15,171

We're seeing a pattern in the VBM numbers in several states where Democrats are returning their ballots at faster rates than Republicans. Perhaps some Republican voters are hesitant to vote for their candidate...

Like my parents, have had their ballot sitting there for a week. They say they hate Trump but talk him up all the time and how everything against him is lies. Hoping they just take too damn long and don't get them in in time, though that would hurt Rubio.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 12:52:00 PM »

Parents sadly turned in their Florida Trump ballots. Surprisingly voted for medical marijuana though.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 10:55:30 AM »

A lot of the Republican areas in WI can start voting today finally. Will get in after work to get my Clinton/Feingold/Ryan vote in.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 11:46:05 AM »

A lot of the Republican areas in WI can start voting today finally. Will get in after work to get my Clinton/Feingold/Ryan vote in.

Interesting but understandable split.

Would love if there was a good Republican for Senate and President. After the last 6 years I regret my Johnson vote in 2010.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 11:50:35 AM »

It would be good if WI tracks by party affiliation. At least it's safe to say Republicans will close the gap that Milwaukee and Dane built.

I'm in Milwaukee County, the only reliable Dem areas are the city and Shorewood. So can't vote until today in most of the burbs. But Trump will get less percent of Republicans here or people are hiding their support. Lots of Johnson and Ryan signs here but not many Trump, they're all out in the country.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 07:59:20 AM »

Wisconsin absentee ballot stats, 10/24

Dane and Milwaukee Counties have returned 73,233 of the 249,172 absentee ballots in Wisconsin, for 29.4% of the statewide total. These two counties contributed to 26% of the 2012 statewide 249,172 absentee ballots in Wisconsin. These three counties contributed to 12.3% of the 2012 statewide total. These are the three big GOP counties.

Dem big counties up 3.3%, GOP essentially flattotal. These are the two big Dem counties.

Waukesha, Ozaukee and Washington Counties have returned 30,953 ballots, 12.4% of the

I would imagine that for Milwaukee County that almost all of that is from the city as well. I know the city has been voting for a month now and most of the burbs just recently started in-county.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 11:57:22 AM »

Green Bay City Clerk Wanted to Block Early Voting at UW-GB Because She Thought it Would Favor Dems[\url]
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 12:26:47 PM »

Yes, first time voters regardless if they registered D or R 20 or more years ago is a strong PLUS for Trump. These people who didn't turn out for Obama are def. the ones who are interested in voting for the first time ever for Hillary. I'll say it again regardless of which party they registered with 20+ years ago, if first time voters is up, that is a good thing for Trump, just as we saw during the primaries.

Yes, except these are first time voters, meaning they're registering as a Democrat or a Republican this year for the first time and voting. Clear Clinton advantage.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 02:47:50 PM »

I saw someone I know liked a page where Trey Gowdy is trying to peddle that thousands of dead people have voted for Clinton in Florida and thousands more are every day from the Christian times. People are eating it up -_-
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 05:05:55 PM »

On this note, wouldn't we expect that if Trump was activating massive numbers of low propensity white voters that the Midwest would be exactly where turnout would be surging, since it has the most of them?

you are technically correct, even while....are there really states which are better for republicans if the turnout is high?

Then again most of the Trumpers don't approve of ANY early voting. I keep seeing how voting should only be allowed one day and if you can't make it that's your own problem. So I'm sure a lot of them won't vote until election day.

Funny enough the biggest Trump supporter I know isn't going to vote. Hoping there's a lot of them that are like that.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 05:29:46 PM »

On this note, wouldn't we expect that if Trump was activating massive numbers of low propensity white voters that the Midwest would be exactly where turnout would be surging, since it has the most of them?

you are technically correct, even while....are there really states which are better for republicans if the turnout is high?

Then again most of the Trumpers don't approve of ANY early voting. I keep seeing how voting should only be allowed one day and if you can't make it that's your own problem. So I'm sure a lot of them won't vote until election day.

Funny enough the biggest Trump supporter I know isn't going to vote. Hoping there's a lot of them that are like that.

The biggest Trump supporter I know has said the same thing, although I'm not sure I believe him.

What are these people's reasons?

Don't know the actual reason but he has said he thinks voting is stupid, so probably why he supports Trump. Served in the military (only on base, got a medal for running into the back of a truck during the one mortar attack on the base) and has cycled through jobs because he either quits or gets fired from complaining nonstop/being lazy/calling in "sick" too many times. Complains about Democrats and people who don't work though, so general low class white trash.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies