How many computer programmers does society actually need? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 11:02:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  How many computer programmers does society actually need? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How many computer programmers does society actually need?  (Read 10938 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« on: April 28, 2017, 09:52:44 PM »

It's absolutely fascinating how neoliberals these days don't even have to preach on the glorious virtues of The Market anymore, because they have been so thoroughly immersed in their creed that they can't even comprehend why anyone would not view it as the only possible mechanism for making social decisions. Truly a textbook case in the study of ideologies.

Are you aware that someone can believe in markets without being neoliberals? Taxes, a social safety net, and regulation/government takeover of industries that can't have healthy competition(eg health care, education, utilities) fit well into more left views of the free market, and is the economic system of the most successful countries with far left economics(Sweden, Norway, and Finland). You need to stop using the word neoliberal; you tend to label people with it who really don't fit (eg me), and the way you use it makes it sound more like a boogeyman then an actual ideology.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies