Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 10:12:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 31624 times)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: March 25, 2020, 07:06:34 PM »
« edited: March 25, 2020, 07:48:39 PM by Entropy In Action »

Running Democratic delegate total (in case of emergency):

Map made by me in Photoshop and posted to Imgur (hence why it looks a little funny)

Stacey Abrams - 631
Tom Steyer - 573
Kirsten Gillibrand - 556
Steve Bullock - 93 (endorsed Abrams)

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #601 on: March 25, 2020, 07:26:29 PM »

All Images from Wikimedia Commons

SOURCES: STEVE BULLOCK DROPPING OUT, TO ENDORSE ABRAMS

Politico now reports, from an inside source in the Bullock campaign, that the Governor of Montana will drop out of the Presidential race after falling far behind in the delegate count. The source also claims that Bullock is preparing to endorse his good friend Stacey Abrams, who Bullock worked with as a former DGA chair, and that the Governor has been mulling such a move for some time.

This is a developing story
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #602 on: March 25, 2020, 07:42:10 PM »

All Images from Wikimedia Commons

SOURCES: STEVE BULLOCK DROPPING OUT, TO ENDORSE ABRAMS

Politico now reports, from an inside source in the Bullock campaign, that the Governor of Montana will drop out of the Presidential race after falling far behind in the delegate count. The source also claims that Bullock is preparing to endorse his good friend Stacey Abrams, who Bullock worked with as a former DGA chair, and that the Governor has been mulling such a move for some time.

This is a developing story

Got it.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -3.44

P P P

« Reply #603 on: March 25, 2020, 09:10:49 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2020, 08:19:38 PM by SouthCarolinaAaron »

Abrams Schedule
Image from Flickr

March 11-12| Illinois
March 11: Hold major event in Chicago with Governor Steve Bullock, hold town hall at Northwestern University, barnstorm Chicago with Governor Pritzker
March 12: Major rally in Chicago with Oprah and Congressman Lewis, hold round table with primarily African American voters discussing race with Reverend Jackson, and meet with county captains in charge of GOTV operation

March 13| Arizona
March 13: Hold major rally in Phoenix with Senator Sinema and Oprah, hold town hall at University of Phoenix, and barnstorm Tucson

March 14-15 | Florida
March 14: Give major speech in Miami (all in Spanish), hold town hall in Miami with Senator Bill Nelson and Bob Graham, and barnstorm Miami
March 15: Major rally in Orlando, hold town hall at the University of Central Florida, hold several photo-ops with Senator Nelson and Bob Graham while barnstorming Orlando

March 16-17 | Ohio
March 16: Barnstorm Columbus with Senator Brown, hold major rally in Columbus, hold round table with union workers
March 17: Barnstorm Cleveland with Senator Brown, hold major rally in Cleveland, hold round table/town hall with teachers

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Strategy:

ILLINOIS: With Governor Bullock recently coming on-board, he’ll be campaigning all over rural Illinois for Ms. Abrams. Where Ms. Abrams will mainly focusing on Cook County, turning out African American voters with Congressman John Lewis, Reverend Jesse Jackson, Oprah Winfrey, and lastly Governor J.B. Pritzker.

FLORIDA: Florida is key for the Abrams campaign. Her campaign has been focusing on sweeping the south and expanding her coalition through the midwest and beyond. Sweeping Florida will be the last task in sweeping the South. With sparse endorsements in Florida, Ms. Abrams has caught the endorsement of the beloved former Senator Bill Nelson. She’ll rally voters and barnstorm places with high voter density to increase turnout and enthusiasm for her campaign. If Ms. Abrams wins in Florida, this adds to her electability argument, as Florida will be a battleground state in the general election.

OHIO: Ms. Abrams hasn’t invested many resources in Ohio until now. She’s gotten the endorsement of the buckeye’s state popular senior Senator, Sherrod Brown. She’s attempting to make every last moment count with appearances with Senator Brown who recently passed on a presidential bid last year.

ARIZONA: Ms. Abrams has gotten the endorsement of Senator Kyrsten Sinema, a high profile figure in Arizona politics. She has some promising numbers in her internal polls, and hopes to finish high in Arizona

*A separate post for the Bullock endorsement will be made in the coming day(s)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #604 on: March 25, 2020, 09:24:43 PM »

Steve Bullock Endorses Stacey Abrams: Chicago, Illinois

Source: Creative Commons

Hello, Chicago!

When I first announced my run for the Presidency, my goal was to bring this fractured nation back together. The current administration was failing Americans, from the African-American steelworker in the Rust Belt to the immigrant farmers barely getting by in the Southwest, and I believed we needed a President who would put the "United" back in the United States of America and who would tirelessly work to get things done for the American people. Even as I suspend my campaign today, I still hold those beliefs in high regard.

Stacey Abrams has always impressed me. From her near upset in what was a deep-red state when I was first elected Governor, to her tenacious debate performaces, to her strong comeback to take the delegate lead, her vigorous beliefs and tireless work ethic are an inspiration to all. Like me, Stacey has been building a campaign where everyone, no matter their race, sexuality, or ideology, is welcome - and as we saw last night, those efforts are paying off. I'm here today to give Miss Abrams my full backing in this election for President of the United States, and I hope you, the people of Illinois, will do what it takes on March 17 to help this amazing campaign along the path to the White House. The way ahead is difficult, and Mike Pence and his PAC cronies will do whatever it takes to stop us, but if any candidate and campaign could overcome these obstacles, it's this one.

And now, I'm honored to introduce the next President of the United States - Stacey Abrams!
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #605 on: March 25, 2020, 11:22:47 PM »

Bullock endorses Abrams

Hello, Chicago!

When I first announced my run for the Presidency, my goal was to bring this fractured nation back together. The current administration was failing Americans, from the African-American steelworker in the Rust Belt to the immigrant farmers barely getting by in the Southwest, and I believed we needed a President who would put the "United" back in the United States of America and who would tirelessly work to get things done for the American people. Even as I suspend my campaign today, I still hold those beliefs in high regard.

Stacey Abrams has always impressed me. From her near upset in what was a deep-red state when I was first elected Governor, to her tenacious debate performaces, to her strong comeback to take the delegate lead, her vigorous beliefs and tireless work ethic are an inspiration to all. Like me, Stacey has been building a campaign where everyone, no matter their race, sexuality, or ideology, is welcome - and as we saw last night, those efforts are paying off. I'm here today to give Miss Abrams my full backing in this election for President of the United States, and I hope you, the people of Illinois, will do what it takes on March 17 to help this amazing campaign along the path to the White House. The way ahead is difficult, and Mike Pence and his PAC cronies will do whatever it takes to stop us, but if any candidate and campaign could overcome these obstacles, it's this one.

And now, I'm honored to introduce the next President of the United States - Stacey Abrams!

Hello Chicago!

It’s great to be in the Windy City. I can think of no better place to welcome my good friend, Governor Steve Bullock to our campaign!

Steve is the Governor of a red state. I got to know him very well during this campaign, and I’ve gotten to know a lot about Steve, his wife Lisa, and their 3 kids. Steve has always fought the good fight. Whether it’s been taking on dark money as Montana’s Attorney General, protecting public lands, Steve knows Montana. He knows their values and beliefs, and I’m very happy to have him on Team Stacey.

Graphic made myself
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #606 on: March 26, 2020, 03:10:23 PM »

FOURTH DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE
(all images below are from Wikimedia Commons)

Cooper: Good evening. I'm Anderson Cooper, and I'll be moderating this fourth Democratic presidential debate in Phoenix, Arizona. I'm here with...

...former Georgia State House Minority Leader Stacey Abrams...

...US Senator from New York Kirsten Gillibrand...

... and billionaire activist Tom Steyer.

Cooper: Candidates will give an opening statement, answer two specific questions, and give a closing statement. Responses and statements will be judged on clarity, length, and, of course, votes from the audience and you, the viewers across the nation. So, without further ado, let's start.

Specific Questions

To Ms. Abrams: Despite all the naysayers on your experience and record, you're currently the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination. Do you believe this proof that the party wants a more moderate, "electable" nominee to defeat President Pence?

Despite your being the most successful African-American female presidential candidate in history, many civil rights leaders and organizations have announced their support for your competitors. Do you think it has to do with the perceived failure of identity politics in Hillary Clinton's 2016 bid, and, if not, what do you believe is the cause of this?

To Senator Gillibrand: With your victories in Washington, Michigan, and Idaho Tuesday, you have once again cemented yourself as a leading contender in this race. However, as Mr. Steyer can attest, a win on one night doesn't necessarily translate to a win on the next. What is your strategy to maintain your momentum going forward?

Despite your recent general alignment with the left wing of the party, you've been endorsed by many notable moderates, such as Amy Klobuchar and Darren Soto. Do you believe this is proof you can unite the party moving into November?

To Mr. Steyer: You are the only remaining male candidate on this stage at the moment. What do you say to those who believe you should drop out and let a woman be the 2020 Democratic nominee?

Your supporters have cited your victory in Oklahoma on Super Tuesday as proof you can appeal to working people in middle America, and not just coastal elites. With Governor Bullock out of the race, do you believe you can expand on that win and begin racking up victories in the Great Plains?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #607 on: March 26, 2020, 04:58:13 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2020, 07:01:27 PM by KaiserDave »

Wikimedia Commons

Tom Steyer Debate Answers

Opening Statements
Thank you Anderson, CNN, and Phoenix for hosting us tonight. I'm honored to be here to discuss the pressing issues facing this country. We have a chance to do something different in this election, our country has never faced such issues of differing variety and importance at one time like this. We have a crisis of wealth inequality, a crisis of violent against black Americans, a Washington filled with dysfunction and corruption, and an administration that will do nothing about any of it. And that's just the beginning. I have a unique perspective on these issues, I'm a businessman and entrepreneur. My job didn't involve meetings with industry lobbyists, but instead growing and supporting start ups. I'm not tied up in Washington's corrupt cash, which is in many ways the root of all our problems. As President I'll crush the corruption in Washington and unleash American potential. We'll fight climate change, save our environment, and unleash competition and job creation and a market economy by breaking up monopolies. We have a chance to do something different, and for that reason I ask for your vote.

You are the only remaining male candidate on this stage at the moment. What do you say to those who believe you should drop out and let a woman be the 2020 Democratic nominee?
Anderson I'm proud to be running with two amazing and talented women. They are leaders and fighters, and either one will make a better President than Mike Pence. I will support them both if I do not win the nomination. But I do believe I'm the best candidate based on my merits, I believe I'm the best prepared to fight the dysfunction in Washington and deliver much needed changes. My unique background I believe, leaves me best prepared to fight for the common man and woman in this country. That's why I've added people like Robert Reich and Barbara Lee to my campaign policy team. This is the coalition and the power team that is gonna deliver and fight for every American.

Your supporters have cited your victory in Oklahoma on Super Tuesday as proof you can appeal to working people in middle America, and not just coastal elites. With Governor Bullock out of the race, do you believe you can expand on that win and begin racking up victories in the Great Plains?

I'm honored by the support of Sooners and so many rural Americans. They've been getting the short end of the stick for over a hundred years. It was the Populist movement in the plains states that said enough to railroad monopolies ripping them off. It was farmer leaders like Mary Elizabeth Lease who rejected the vested powers of the Gilded Age. I think we need a new populist and progressive movement in this country. Enough is enough of monopolies ripping off Americans, and big banks cheating and then profiting off the taxpayer. Monsanto controls the vast majority of seed DNA, farmers know this. Big Ag is ripping off the American farmer, as President I'll break them up and fight for farmers. That's why I believe I'm gonna win big in the Plains States.

Closing Statement
I'd like to thank my follow candidates and the moderators for making this debate possible. As we go in this campaign I want to make it clear why I'm running for President. Most Americans have been getting ripped off for too long. You know it, I know it, and so does everybody. Ronald Reagan told Wall Street he wanted to turn the bull loose, and he did. It ran right over all of us. As President I'll bring the powerful and special interests back under control. Once we do that, we're going to oversee the greatest reforms in our country's history. In the spirit of Woodrow Wilson's New Freedom, Teddy Roosevelt's Square Deal and Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal, like Lyndon Johnson's Great Society, and Barack Obama's ever powerful hope. Friends, it's time to take our democracy back for the people, fight to save our Earth, fight to help the common man. I believe we can do it, and that I'm the man to do it.  Thank you and God Bless.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #608 on: March 26, 2020, 05:54:46 PM »

Image downloaded from Flickr

Stacey Abrams Debate Answers

Opening Statement:
Hello Phoenix! It’s great to be in the Grand Canyon State. First of all, I want to address something that’s been going on in the media. Some people in the last few weeks have said that the Democratic Party is more divided than ever. And let me just say that we are united. We might have a few minor disagreements on some policies, but we are all here tonight for one common goal: defeating Mike Pence. Whether it’s me, or Kirsten, or Tom, we all agree that our #1 goal this year is to defeat Mike Pence. Some have called this primary election a clash between moderate and progressive. What this election really is about is who can beat Mike Pence. I believe I’m the best candidate to do that because I’m able to tackle him on the issues head-on. I asked him to clarify his position on rights for LGBTQ+ Americans and rather than answer my simple question, he decided to go on a rampage on Twitter. To beat him, we’ve got to get under his skin, and I’ve clearly done that. I’m also a uniter. My campaign has the broadest coalition in quite a long time. Black, white, Hispanic, male, female, straight, LGBTQ+, union workers, teachers, students, baby boomers, millennials; every person has a place in my campaign and I hope I earn your vote.

Despite all the naysayers on your experience and record, you're currently the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination. Do you believe this proves that the party wants a more moderate, "electable" nominee to defeat President Pence?
I don’t really like labels, and I don’t think I’m leading right now because I’m a “moderate”. I think I’m leading because people know I will beat Mike Pence. We won the House in 2018 by focusing mainly on healthcare, turning out people who usually don’t vote, and by broadening our coalition. I believe that completely changing our healthcare system and using a method that will cost us trillions in dollars and we don’t have a plan for, is not the best option to improve healthcare. I believe in a public option. You can keep your private healthcare if you’d like to. But if you want, you can use government healthcare that’s going to give you the same benefits and cover more people and conditions. Hopefully, we’ll be able to make the government healthcare so good that everyone that’s on private insurance will switch over, however, you’re not required to. When I ran for Governor of Georgia, we saw the highest turnout for a midterm election in many, many years. That’s because voters in my home state were enthusiastic for my candidacy and what we were planning to bring to Georgia. As I said in my opening statement, my campaign has the broadest coalition of voters in many years. So my campaign checks the 3 boxes that gave us the House in 2018. Focusing on healthcare, turning out voters who usually don’t vote, and broadening our coalition. That’s why I’m the most electable, and that's why we’re gonna win the nomination.

Despite your being the most successful African-American female presidential candidate in history, many civil rights leaders and organizations have announced their support for your competitors. Do you think it has to do with the perceived failure of identity politics in Hillary Clinton's 2016 bid, and, if not, what do you believe is the cause of this?
Let’s get one thing really clear. I don’t want the endorsement or vote of any person or group of people if it’s just based on the color of my skin or my gender. Obviously, I would be honored to be the first woman president, but that’s not why I’m running. I’m running to beat Mike Pence and to make our government and democracy fair. I don’t play as the identity politics candidate. If I was, I’d only be courting votes from African American women. As for the civil rights leaders and organizations that haven’t endorsed me, that’s a question for them. It’s their choice who they endorse. I’m proud to have some great civil rights leaders on board with my campaign. Heroes like Congressman John Lewis, Reverend Al Sharpton, Reverend Jesse Jackson, and so many others. At the end of the day, it’s not organizations voting, it’s people voting. I’m presenting my case to the voters, and it’s up to you who our nominee will be.

Closing Statement:
This election is a simple one. We have unity and hope from one side of the aisle and division and destruction on the other. 4 more years of Mike Pence would be a disaster for this country. Whether it’s giving a tax break to his corporate friends, taking away healthcare from millions of Americans, making America more disrespected on the global stage than ever before, calling Mexicans who come to this nation wanting a new opportunity “rapists” and “criminals”, the corruption, the tweeting, the nastiness, the partisanship. Ladies and gentlemen, I am tired of this behavior from the most powerful man in the world. If you’re tired of it too, go to StaceyAbrams.com and join our campaign to Defeat Mike Pence.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #609 on: March 27, 2020, 02:21:37 PM »

Gillibrand Debate Answers
Credit to Time for the Photo

Opening Statement:
Thank you Anderson, and the great city of Phoenix for hosting us here tonight. Tonight, you're going to hear a lot from every candidate on this stage. But, let me tell you the different between what I say, and what some others may say. I grew up a small town girl, with a small town mindset. Yet, when you leave your comfort zone you see just how different the world is. That's what I went through, I believe it was a metamorphosis. Just like our beautiful country, I've changed. I'm not standing on this stage tonight because what I've gone through was easy, just like how are nation is able to stand strong. I'm running for President, because I want to see our nation go through another metamorphosis. A metamorphosis of social, economic, and racial justice, and that is what I will do when I take on Mike Pence in November.

Question #1
Thank you Anderson. My strategy is to continue building the biggest coalition in American History, and lead that coalition to victory in November, and send Mike Pence packing. Our campaign has been able to bring people together, more than we've ever seen before. From coast to coast, we are bringing hope to the hopeless, and working to change people's lives. I met a little girl in Toano, Virginia named Alicia. Alicia asked me a question that completely changed me, and left me heartbroken. She asked me if her mom was going to be deported. Now imagine, a 12 year old girl asking you, if her mom is about to be deported. This is our reality now, this is what our children have to go through. Constant fear about their family, because of the person we have living in the White House. It's unacceptable. That is why I believe our campaign will continue to grow, and we will win the nomination. The people I've met in this campaign are the reason I am still in this race, because this campaign is people powered. I believe we are going to win this primary, and we are going to win this general election for that reason.
Question #2
[/pre]
Our campaign isn't just one for the left wing or the right wing. It's for every American. I'm proud and honored to receive so many endorsements from people across the political spectrum. From a Progressive Warrior, Tammy Baldwin or Cory Booker, to the Pragmatist Icons like Amy Klobuchar or Darren Soto. Let's look for example at issue very important to so many, social security. Social Security is supported by moderates, and progressives, but not by those on the far right. Mike Pence wants to privatize Social Security, and kick millions off of their healthcare. I want to say right here, right now on this stage, as President of the United States, I will unite this country and defeat Mike Pence. We are going to usher in a new era of change. With a Pro-Immigration, Pro-Minimum Wage, Pro-Healthcare, Pro-American Agenda.

Closing Statement
[/pre]
Thank you Anderson, and Phoenix for allowing us to tell the American People our ideas and plans for the future of this country. I want to clear something up before we end this debate. No, I'm not the devil, and no I don't hate babies, as Mr. Pence would proclaim. I'm just a regular woman, who is ready to serve her nation and move our country forward. My story is just like your's. I know that a lot of things we're fighting for will be claimed as, "radical" or "far left", but they aren't. The right to a Pathway to Citizenship, the right to a pension, the right to have control over your own body, these aren't radical things. They're common sense ideas, which I will implement as President of the United States. I want to leave you here with one thing tonight, if we truly want our nation to be the nation of our dreams, we have to act now. We must send a woman to the White House, and show that Brave Wins. I hope I can earn your vote, and together we can change this nation for the better. Thank you.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #610 on: March 27, 2020, 06:22:36 PM »

Gillibrand Schedule
Credit to NBC News for the Photo

March 11th: Ohio
Columbus, Ohio
- Rally with Rep. Joyce Beatty
- Fundraiser
- Townhall at the State House
- Civil Rights Round Table with the NAACP

March 12th - 13th: Arizona
Phoenix, Arizona
- Rally with Fmr. VP Joe Biden & Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick
- Fundraiser
- Townhall with Fmr. VP Joe Biden
- Door to Door with Campaign Staff

Tuscon, Arizona
- Rally with Fmr. VP Joe Biden & Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick
- Townhall with Fmr. VP Joe Biden
- Put up Billboards with Campaign Staff
- Door to Door with Campaign Staff

March 14th - 17th: Florida
Tallahassee, Florida
- Rally with Rep. Jim Clyburn and Fmr. VP Joe Biden
- Townhall with the NAACP
- Fundraiser
- Major Events across the City

Orlando, Florida
- Major Rally with Rep. Darren Soto and Fmr. VP Joe Biden
- Social Security Townhall with Fmr. VP Joe Biden and Rep. Darren Soto
- Fundraiser
- Major Canvassing across the City

Miami, Florida
- Major Rally with Rep. Mucarsel-Powell and Rep. Donna Shalala
- Immigration Townhall with Rep. Mucarsel-Powell
- Major Canvassing Events across the City
- Election Results Watch Party w/ Fmr. VP Joe Biden, Rep. Darren Soto, Rep. Donna Shalala, Rep. Mucarsel-Powell, and Sen. Cory Booker
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #611 on: March 27, 2020, 06:29:12 PM »

Gillibrand Ad, "A Promise" aired in Arizona, Florida, Ohio, and Illinois
Credit to Vox for the Photo

She's spent her whole life fighting for us.
From Social Security, to Immigration, to Promoting Social and Economic Justice, Kirsten has been there for the fight.
She stood up for DACA and fought for our Dreamers.
She fought back against Mitch McConnell and protected Social Security.
America is a Promise, a promise to all of us. The right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. As President, Kirsten will follow through on that promise.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Fighting for our Promise, Fighting for Us.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #612 on: March 27, 2020, 07:11:57 PM »

"Unity"
Abrams Ad aired in Arizona, Florida, Illinois, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania

Various videos of excerpts of speeches from Stacey are shown:

“Our party is the party of unity and hope. We’re fighting against Mike Pence and his party; the party of division and destruction.”

“My number one priority when I’m elected president is to heal our nation. We’re more divided now than ever before, and we need someone who can unite the party and then unite the nation. I am that candidate.”

“On paper, this candidacy should never have happened. But when people work hard together, anything is possible. That is America. America, on paper, would never have happened. But people worked hard together, and made our beautiful nation possible.”

“I like to solve problems. I know it is a skill set, but it's also an obligation. I grew up with parents who believe that you don't simply complain: you try to find solutions and fix what's in front of you.”

I'm Stacey Abrams and I approve this message.

Image downloaded from Flickr
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #613 on: March 27, 2020, 09:38:10 PM »

Gillibrand Ad, "Brave Wins" aired in AZ, OH, IL, and FL
[/pre]
Credit to The Jacobin for the Photo

I'm not afraid to back down on immigration, economic and social justice, social security, and American's well being.
For 20 years I've been fighting for the rights of our American families.
I'm running for President because we need to do something brave. With someone as dangerous as Mike Pence in the White House, it's going to take extreme bravery and lots of action to get our country back on track.
[/pre]
I'm ready to take on that challenge, starting on Day One.
I'm Kirsten Gillibrand, and I'm ready to show that Brave Wins.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #614 on: March 28, 2020, 09:01:43 AM »
« Edited: March 29, 2020, 09:26:41 PM by Entropy In Action »

Current Endorsements:
Democrats

Stacey Abrams
Jimmy Carter, 39th President of the United States
Karen Bass, US Rep. from CA-37
John Lewis, US Rep. from GA-05 and civil rights activist
Al Sharpton, minister and civil rights activist
Moms Demand Action
Post and Courier
Oprah Winfrey, former TV show host
Jaime Harrison, former chair of the South Carolina Democratic Party and candidate for US Senate
American Federation of Teachers
Beto O'Rourke, US Rep. from TX-16
Roy Cooper, Governor of North Carolina
Mark Warner, US Senator from Virginia
Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States
Hillary Clinton, former US Secretary of State and 2016 nominee for President
Progressive Change Campaign Committee
Jesse Jackson, Sr., reverend and political activist
John Kerry, former US Secretary of State and 2004 nominee
Kyrsten Sinema, US Senator from Arizona
Debbie Stabenow, US Senator from Michigan
Debbie Dingell, US Rep. from MI-12
Steve Bullock, Governor of Montana
Tom Vilsack, former Governor of Iowa
Tom Miller, Attorney General of Iowa
Maggie Hassan, US Senator from New Hampshire
Las Vegas Sun
Steve Shurtleff, Speaker of the New Hampshire House of Representatives
Douglas Ley, New Hampshire House Majority Leader
Joyce Craig, Mayor of Manchester, New Hampshire
Carolyn Goodman, Mayor of Las Vegas, Nevada
Kate Marshall, Lieutenant Governor of Nevada
Ben McAdams, US Rep. from UT-04
John Hickenlooper, former Governor of Colorado
Jared Golden, US Rep. from ME-02
Jason Crow, US Rep. from CO-06
Bob Graham, former Governor of Florida
JB Pritzker, Governor of Illinois
Bill Nelson, former US Senator from Florida
Sherrod Brown, US Senator from Ohio

Kirsten Gillibrand
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, US Rep. from NY-14
Abby Finkenauer, US Rep. from IA-01
Jacky Rosen, US Senator from Nevada
NARAL Pro-Choice America
IUOE Local 234, labor union (IA)
Cedric Crear, Las Vegas City Councilor, Ward 5
Planned Parenthood
Susie Lee, US Rep. from NV-03
Amy Klobuchar, US Senator from Minnesota
Joe Biden, 47th Vice President of the United States
Catherine Cortez Masto, US Senator from Nevada
Dave Loebsack, US Rep. from IA-02
Tom Harkin, former US Senator from Iowa
Steve Sisolak, Governor of Nevada
League of United Latin American Citizens
Steven Horsford, US Rep. from NV-04
Dianne Feinstein, US Senator from California
Joyce Beatty, US Rep. from OH-03
Smart Solutions PAC
Cory Booker, US Senator from New Jersey
Jim Clyburn, House Majority Whip, US Rep. from SC-06
NAACP, civil rights organization
Harry Reid, former US Senator from Nevada and former Senate Majority Leader
Donna Shalala, US Rep. from FL-27
Ilhan Omar, US Rep. from MN-05
Jon Stewart, former television show host, comedian, and activist
Stephen Colbert, television show host and comedian
John Oliver, television show host and comedian
Tammy Baldwin, US Senator from Wisconsin
Tony Evers, Governor of Wisconsin
Cindy Axne, US Rep. from IA-03
Service Employees International Union
Kamala Harris, US Senator from California
Culinary Workers Union Local 226, labor union from Nevada
Ayanna Pressley, US Rep. from MA-07
Jared Polis, Governor of Colorado
Priorities USA Action
Sheila Jackson Lee, US Rep. from TX-18
Julian Castro, former US HUD Secretary
Al Green, US Rep. from TX-09
Joaquin Castro, US Rep. from TX-20
Steve Adler, Mayor of Austin, Texas
Bill de Blasio, Mayor of New York City, New York
London Breed, Mayor of San Francisco, California
Jason Carter, former Georgia State Senator and grandson of Jimmy Carter
Rashida Tlaib, US Rep. from MI-13
Maria Cantwell, US Senator from Washington
Pramila Jayapal, US Rep. from WA-07
College Democrats of America
Debbie Wasserman Schultz, US Rep. from FL-23
Ann Kirkpatrick, US Rep. from AZ-02
Debbie Mucarsel-Powell, US Rep. from FL-26
Darren Soto, US Rep. from FL-09
Raul Grijalva, US Rep. from AZ-03
Tom O'Halleran, US Rep. from AZ-01
Tim Ryan, US Rep. from OH-13
Marcia Fudge, US Rep. from OH-11
Charlie Crist, US Rep. from FL-13
Wanda Vázquez Garced, Governor of Puerto Rico
Tulsi Gabbard, US Rep. from HI-02

Tom Steyer
John Lynch, former Governor of New Hampshire
Jay Inslee, Governor of Washington
Ted Lieu, US Rep. from CA-33
Sierra Club, environmentalist organization
Jeanne Shaheen, US Senator from New Hampshire
Michael Bennet, US Senator from Colorado
UNITEHERE, labor union
Seth Moulton, US Rep. from MA-06
Elizabeth Warren, US Senator from Massachusetts
AFL-CIO, major labor union
Chris Pappas, US Rep. from NH-01
Ann Kuster, US Rep. from NH-02
Des Moines Register
New Hampshire Union Leader
Dina Titus, US Rep. from NV-01
Joe Cunningham, US Rep. from SC-01
Terri Sewell, US Rep. from AL-07
Nina Turner, former Ohio State Senator and chair of Our Revolution
Gavin Newsom, Governor of California
Harley Rouda, US Rep. from CA-48
Tim Kaine, US Senator from Virginia
Raphael Warnock, pastor and candidate for US Senate from Georgia
Chet Culver, former Governor of Iowa
Barbara Lee, US Rep. from CA-13
Tom Wolf, Governor of Pennsylvania
Xavier Becerra, Attorney General of California
Robert Reich, former US Secretary of Labor
Tammy Duckworth, US Senator from Illinois
Lauren Underwood, US Rep. from IL-14
Cheri Bustos, US Rep. from IL-17
Nikki Fried, Florida State Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Gretchen Whitmer, Governor of Michigan
Val Demings, US Rep. from FL-10
Marcy Kaptur, US Rep. from OH-09
Philip Levine, former Mayor of Miami Beach, FL

National Polling (17-19 February 2020)

Democrats
Stacey Abrams - 38%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 34%
Tom Steyer - 23%
Undecided - 5%

Republicans
Mike Pence - 86%

Other - 9%
Undecided - 5%

Libertarians
Austin Petersen - 89%
Other - 5%
Undecided - 6%

Credits:
Tom Steyer: 2.8
Stacey Abrams: 1.4
Kirsten Gillibrand: 1.8

Mike Pence: free to announce the endorsement of any current Republican Party members except Bill Weld (non-Republican endorsements become available once the general election phase starts)

Austin Petersen: free to announce the endorsement of any current Libertarian Party members + Bill Weld (non-Libertarian endorsements become available once the general election begins)

Also, for those feeling like they're missing credits, early purchases and reservations were accounted for prior to posting.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #615 on: March 28, 2020, 11:59:25 AM »

Gillibrand Strategy
Credit to The Hill for the Photo

African American Strategy
Senator Gillibrand expects Ms. Abrams to run up the African America vote, but is deploying key African American figures to help stop that traction in its steps. Senator Booker in Ohio, Representative Clyburn in Florida, and the NAACP in Northern Florida and Ohio. Senator Booker was mostly holding events with Senator Gillibrand and canvassing across Columbus and Cleveland. Representative Clyburn was campaigning in Tallahassee and Jacksonville with the NAACP at certain key events.
Latino Strategy
Senator Gillibrand is counting on a win within key latino areas in Florida and Arizona on election night. She deployed large amounts of staff and key surrogates such as, Julian & Joaquin Castro, Sen. Cortez-Masto, and the College Democrats of America in Florida and Arizona.
Student Strategy
Senator Gillibrand is counting on a huge win with College Students on election day. She deployed the College Democrats of America, Sen. Kamala Harris, Rep. Illhan Omar, and Debbie Mucarsel-Powell across Ohio, Florida, and Arizona. Even if some demographics falter on election night, Senator Gillibrand is counting on huge turnout to put her over the top in these states.
Elderly Strategy
Senator Gillibrand deployed Fmr. VP Joe Biden, Rep. Debbie Washerman-Shultz, Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, and Rep. Darren Soto to Arizona, Florida, and Ohio. Senator Gillibrand expects to do very well with the elderly community, especially with the Senator's campaign focusing on Social Security in the days leading up to Election Night.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #616 on: March 28, 2020, 04:11:25 PM »

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Steyer_2020_presidential_campaign#/media/File:Tom_2020_819a29ab.png

Tom Steyer Ad: Tom's Running

REAIRING AT HIGH INTENSITY
In Florida, Ohio, Illinois, Arizona, Pennsylvania

Tom Steyer by Gage Skidmore, on Flickr

Narrator:
Tom Steyer, businessman, activists, progressive is running for President. He's running to end the Trump/Pence scam, fight climate change, end Washington corruption, and take back our democracy for the people. He's not afraid of the lobbyists and special interests because he doesn't take their crooked money. His campaign is 100% funded by Tom and people like you.

Tom Steyer in Manchester, Iowa 10/20/2019. by Mark Roeder, on Flickr

Tom's running because working men and women have been kicked around for too long. He knows it's time for the government to fight for working families again, and not the powerful and well connected. He's an outsider beholden to the nobody, who'll smash Washington gridlock and get results for you and your family.

Tom Steyer @ Hanover, NH by Marc Nozell, on Flickr

Tom is rolling out bold progressive plans like a wealth tax for the super rich, Tom knows people like him should not be getting tax breaks, instead he'll cut taxes for working families. He's not afraid of Big Oil, so he's rolling out a multi billion dollar plan to fight climate change and create millions of green energy jobs. Tom will stand up to the pharmaceutical industry to hold them accountable for their crimes against good hard working Americans in the opioid crisis. The American people are more important than lobbyists and special interests, and it's time to fight for them.

Tom Steyer by Gage Skidmore, on Flickr

I'm Tom Steyer, and I approve this message.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #617 on: March 28, 2020, 04:17:21 PM »

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Steyer_2020_presidential_campaign#/media/File:Tom_2020_819a29ab.png

Tom Steyer March Schedule

The Steyer campaign needs big wins on next Tuesday, with these wins the campaign can continue a viable path to the nomination. Team Tom is putting the most effort into Illinois and Florida. These are big delegate states with a big chance to get ahead of Stacey Abrams and stay ahead of Senator Gillibrand. With appropriate surrogates such as Tammy Duckworth and Val Demmings, Tom has a chance to win big.

March
11: Meet and Greets in Peoria Illinois and Springfield Illinois
12: Barnstorming Southern Rural Illinois
13: Major Rally in Chicago with Tammy Duckworth and Elizabeth Warren
14: Major Rally in Miami Beach with Val Demmings and Phillip Levine
15: Major Rally in Miami and Town Halls in Little Havana
16: Major Rally in Cleveland with Nina Turner and Marcy Kaptur
17: GOTV in Miami

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #618 on: March 29, 2020, 07:42:10 PM »

(Images of hosts are from Wikimedia Commons; vote count/projection/SDE/delegate totals were made by SouthCarolinaAaron and are used with his express permission)

Election Results 2020
with your hosts, Wolf Blitzer and John King

Blitzer: Good evening. I'm Wolf Blitzer.

King: And I'm John King. And we're back to bring you the results from the March 17 primaries.

Blitzer: Indeed we are, John. We are now getting in the first results from results from Ohio and Florida, the first two states to close their polls tonight.

King: Senator Gillibrand and Mr. Steyer deadlocked in Florida, while Ms. Abrams leads in Ohio.

Blitzer: Definitely something to watch to see if it continues as the night rages on. We will be back with more results after the break.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #619 on: March 29, 2020, 07:52:02 PM »

Who won the debate?
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #620 on: March 29, 2020, 07:59:44 PM »

Gillibrand
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #621 on: March 29, 2020, 08:01:06 PM »

(Images of hosts are from Wikimedia Commons; vote count/projection/SDE/delegate totals were made by SouthCarolinaAaron and are used with his express permission)

Election Results 2020

King: And I'm John King. And we're back to bring you the results from the March 17 primaries.

Blitzer: Indeed we are, John. We are now getting in more results from results from Ohio and Florida, the first two states to close their polls tonight.

King: Senator Gillibrand now leading in Florida, while Ms. Abrams continues to lead in Ohio.

Blitzer: Definitely something to watch to see if it continues as the night rages on. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #622 on: March 29, 2020, 08:05:51 PM »

Election Results 2020

Blitzer: Indeed we are, John. We are now getting in more results from results from Ohio and Florida, as well as the first results from Illinois.

King: Senator Gillibrand still leading in Florida, while Ms. Abrams leads in the early returns from Illinois. We also have a projection to make.

King: Ms. Abrams notching the first win of the night, building on her strong finish last week.

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #623 on: March 29, 2020, 08:10:58 PM »

Election Results 2020

Blitzer: Indeed we are, John. We are now getting in more results from results from Ohio and Florida, as well as the first results from Illinois.

King: Senator Gillibrand still leading in Florida, while Ms. Abrams leads in Illinois, having also won Ohio.

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #624 on: March 29, 2020, 08:21:36 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2020, 08:30:02 PM by Entropy In Action »

Election Results 2020

Blitzer: Indeed we are, John. We are now getting in the final results from Ohio and Florida, as well as more results from Illinois and the first results from Arizona.

King: Senator Gillibrand and Ms. Abrams in a dead heat in Arizona, while Ms. Abrams leads in Illinois. We also have a projection in Florida, and delegate totals both there and in Ohio.

Blitzer: A major win for Gillibrand, and it will be interesting to see if she can follow it up as the night goes on. We will be back with more results after the break.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies