The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:12:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2)  (Read 196013 times)
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« on: February 03, 2015, 02:46:21 PM »

two seats?! I'm sure he needs 3 or 4 for the ladies he will be traveling with :-)
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 02:35:07 PM »

This pretty much confirms Rubio is 100% in Smiley
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 11:48:00 AM »

Rubio interest in a guber run is more not less indication that he's running for president now. Not that he hasn't already tipped that.

How do you figure?

He's said that if he runs for president, he won't use running for re-election to the Senate as a "fallback option".

Implying that he intends to use running for governor as a "fallback option?"

Yes.  He runs for president in 2016.  If he doesn't win, he runs for governor in 2018.

Yep. Plus it gives Florida donors more incentive to donate to a 2016 presidential campaign even if they're not confident he'll win.

Thinking about this some more…there's another factor here.  If Rubio runs for prez this year and does *not* revert back to the Senate race as a fallback, then he's available to be picked as the 2016 VP nominee, should the presidential nominee be interested in picking him.  Whereas if he was running for Senate, then he couldn't really do that.

So I guess his order of preference would be:

1) Win 2016 GOP presidential nomination, and hopefully be elected president.
2) Be chosen as the 2016 GOP vice presidential nominee, and hopefully be elected vice president, so that he can set himself up to eventually become president.  Even if the ticket loses, he could try to capitalize on his stint on a national ticket to set himself up for a 2020 presidential campaign.
3) Be elected governor in 2018, which also helps set himself up for a future presidential run.

Yeah, and Walker has heaped praise on Rubio. Not sure if Bush and him could pull off the Bush-Cheney move to dodge the constitution.

Quick question, If Bush wins the nominee, would he be able to run for president as Texas as his home state which would than allow him to pick Rubio as his VP?

If he can do this how does he go about doing it? Thanks
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 02:27:03 PM »

Jeb is keeping a real low profile and raising HUGEEE money right now.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 10:14:58 AM »

Seems like the Walker campaign for 2016 is fully underway now.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 01:41:59 PM »

He's not running.  He hasn't built any sort of national organization, he hasn't been traveling around the country to secure bundelers and operatives, and wouldn't even be that strong a candidate.  He is just enjoying the attention.

Will be on the top of the list for certain candidates to be the VP
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 09:11:58 AM »

He's not running.  He hasn't built any sort of national organization, he hasn't been traveling around the country to secure bundelers and operatives, and wouldn't even be that strong a candidate.  He is just enjoying the attention.

I doubt it, he'd be a pretty weak VP pick on multiple levels.

Weak VP choice, huh?! In a state thats crucial to win for republicans a two term governor that has good approval ratings would be a weak VP choice??? He would be on many potential republicans short list for VP that's for sure.

If either Walker or Rubio get the nominee you can be sure they both take a VERY serious look at him.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 11:30:14 AM »
« Edited: February 26, 2015, 11:32:08 AM by 2016election »

He's not running.  He hasn't built any sort of national organization, he hasn't been traveling around the country to secure bundelers and operatives, and wouldn't even be that strong a candidate.  He is just enjoying the attention.

Weak VP choice, huh?! In a state thats crucial to win for republicans a two term governor that has good approval ratings would be a weak VP choice??? He would be on many potential republicans short list for VP that's for sure.

If either Walker or Rubio get the nominee you can be sure they both take a VERY serious look at him.

Walker and Kasich hate each other and even if that weren't the case, Walker isn't going to pick another fiercely anti-union Governor from the Midwest with no foreign policy credentials who won't even help that much in his (Kasich's) home state.  Kasich isn't nearly as popular here as 2014 suggests (he didn't actually perform that much better than in 2010 in terms of his actual vote total, it's just that about 800,000 Strickland voters didn't show up to vote because of how awful FitzGerald was).  Plus, Kasich is extremely abrasive, not polished enough, wants to abolish the income tax, and was in charge of Lehmann Brothers' investment banking division when it filed for bankruptcy in 2008 (among other things).  Most importantly, he'd only provide a minimal boost in Ohio (and possibly not even that) and wouldn't significantly improve the Republican nominee's chances in the state.

He would only help and not hurt.....but yes i do agree he makes little sense for walker, Rubio would make a ton of sense for Walker as his VP.

But for Rubio he would make a ton of sense, to have candidates from two crucial must win states for republicans would only help there chances there (Florida & Ohio).

As for bush I see him picking Susanna Martinez if he gets the nomination.

I don't see anyone else with a realistic chance at actually winning the nomination, it will be one of those three. JMHO of course.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 12:22:06 PM »

He's not running.  He hasn't built any sort of national organization, he hasn't been traveling around the country to secure bundelers and operatives, and wouldn't even be that strong a candidate.  He is just enjoying the attention.

Walker and Kasich hate each other and even if that weren't the case, Walker isn't going to pick another fiercely anti-union Governor from the Midwest with no foreign policy credentials who won't even help that much in his (Kasich's) home state.  Kasich isn't nearly as popular here as 2014 suggests (he didn't actually perform that much better than in 2010 in terms of his actual vote total, it's just that about 800,000 Strickland voters didn't show up to vote because of how awful FitzGerald was).  Plus, Kasich is extremely abrasive, not polished enough, wants to abolish the income tax, and was in charge of Lehmann Brothers' investment banking division when it filed for bankruptcy in 2008 (among other things).  Most importantly, he'd only provide a minimal boost in Ohio (and possibly not even that) and wouldn't significantly improve the Republican nominee's chances in the state.

He would only help and not hurt.....but yes i do agree he makes little sense for walker, Rubio would make a ton of sense for Walker as his VP.

But for Rubio he would make a ton of sense, to have candidates from two crucial must win states for republicans would only help there chances there (Florida & Ohio).

As for bush i see him picking Susanna Martinez if he gets the nomination.

I don't see anyone else with a realistic chance at actually winning the nomination, it will be one of those three. JMHO of course.

Kasich won't secure Ohio for the Republican nominee any more than Ryan secured Wisconsin for Romney.  Martinez won't be the VP pick either, in fact, she's probably never going to run for federal office.  She's seemed pretty set on continuing to take care of her disabled sister and wouldn't be able to do that if she were the Vice-Presidential nominee.

Ohio IS MUCH more of a swing state than Wisconsin ever was, a couple percentage points there could make a difference.

LOL do you know susanna martinez? Why based on some comments shes made in the past? Yeah politicians never lie. Lets see a candidate win the nomination and see her turn down the VP nominee which would make her arguably the 2nd most powerful person in America and Set up a possible run for presidency in 2024 if republicans win and she is the sitting VP.

Yeah she's going to turn down those opportunities, comical.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 10:46:11 AM »

As for bush i see him picking Susanna Martinez if he gets the nomination.

Kasich won't secure Ohio for the Republican nominee any more than Ryan secured Wisconsin for Romney.  Martinez won't be the VP pick either, in fact, she's probably never going to run for federal office.  She's seemed pretty set on continuing to take care of her disabled sister and wouldn't be able to do that if she were the Vice-Presidential nominee.

Ohio IS MUCH more of a swing state than Wisconsin ever was, a couple percentage points there could make a difference.

LOL do you know susanna martinez? Why based on some comments shes made in the past? Yeah politicians never lie. Lets see a candidate win the nomination and see her turn down the VP nominee which would make her arguably the 2nd most powerful person in America and Set up a possible run for presidency in 2024 if republicans win and she is the sitting VP.

Yeah she's going to turn down those opportunities, comical.

Kasich wouldn't add a few percentage points.  At best you'll get somewhere between an extra 0.50% and 1% out of him, but possibly not even that much.  As for Martinez, some politicians are more ambitious than others.  Obviously I don't know her personally (and neither do you, btw), but she wouldn't even agree to being vetted by the Romney campaign in 2012.  She was pretty adamant about not being interested then and I don't see why that would change this time around no matter how much you want her on the ticket.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on both points haha
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 01:56:56 PM »

It bothers me Hillary won't get a real challenge within the party. Feels like 2000 with Al Gore.

And it absolutely should be a MAJOR concern for numerous reasons. But let the Hillary lovers tell you shes the "chosen one" LOL
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 12:18:48 PM »

At this point one of these 4 will be the next president of the US in no particular order:

Bush
Hillary
Rubio
Walker

There could be a sleeper on the dems side to challenge Hillary and win the nomination, just not sure who it will be.

On the republican side it seems obvious to me on of these three will be the republican nominee:

Bush
Rubio
Walker

If Rubio or Walker win the nomination I see them choosing the other one as their VP.

Everyone else on the Rebublican side might win a primeree or two but i can guarantee they don't win the nominee; paul, cruz, Jindal, Kasich (possible VP), Huckabee, Santorum, Christie, Graham, etc.

All of these candidates WILL NOT win the nomination, some are running for the air time and others actually think they can win but won't come close.

If your republican it will be one of those three

If your a democrat it will be Hillary or possibly a dark horse, most likely Hillary pretty much unopposed, or by some people who have no chance.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 07:59:01 AM »

Just a little fun:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/xEYFFiEnUjQ
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 12:58:37 PM »

I don't think Sanders is going to run, which would be the right call on his part.

From reading things coming from him i think hes going to run as an independent if he does.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 08:12:19 AM »

As if said on here since joining and for the last 2-3 years the 2016 election will be:

Rubio vs. Clinton
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 12:39:29 PM »

Republican best hope in 2016 will be declaring his candidacy officially in a few hours Smiley

Not that this day was a surprise to anyone following the party or Rubio's career, it was inevitable the day Romney lost the 2012 election.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 01:18:01 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2015, 01:22:13 PM by 2016election »

Republican best hope in 2016 will be declaring his candidacy officially in a few hours Smiley

Not that this day was a surprise to anyone following the party or Rubio's career, it was inevitable the day Romney lost the 2012 election.
If he's the Republican's best hope, wow.

Hmmm a young hispanic senator from the must win swing state of Florida?

- The new generation vs the old generation in Hilary?
- Young and Hispanic whose open to immigration reform. Hmmm hispanics when push come to shove, should I vote for the 1% in Hilary Clinton that has no idea what its like to be me or Marco Rubio and help elect the first hispanic president of the United States?? HMMM
- Great Speaker from humble beginnings. Wait the Democrat nominee will be the 1% that is all about Wall Street and the Republican candidate will have grown up with nothing from two parents that worked their butts off to put food on the table?! HMMMM
- Rubio is one of the few if not only Republicans with a realistic path to 270 electoral votes.
- Rubio will be in his 40s on a debate stage with Hilary who will be 70 and is a grandmother.
- HMMM who did Hilary lose the nomination to back in 2008??

Thats just the start, i could list countless other reasons why he's the perfect fit to be the republican nominee in 2016.

Not to mention he by far scares the democrats more than ANYONE else the republicans are running. They would be ecstatic if any of Walker. Bush, Christie, Paul etc. won the nomination.

They know for countless reasons the republicans have one candidate with a real path to 270 electoral votes and his name is Marco Rubio. The Clintons know this as well their no fools. Quite the coincidence she declares the DAY BEFORE Rubio, to take away from his announcement. That would be one heck of a coincidence.

There is one other candidate that had a path to 270 electoral votes running on the republican side and his name is Jeb Bush. Unfortunately, for him we have had two Bush presidents already and the country isn't ready for a third. So unfortunately for him he is eliminated, even though if his last name wasn't Bush he would be the only candidate with a real path to 270 electoral votes like Marco Rubio.

Democrats fear Marco Rubio for good reason.

Your 2016 election will be Rubio vs. Clinton. We will see who wins, it will be an EXTREMELY close election.

PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 01:23:24 PM »

I happen to know a very competent employee of Rubio. I don't know if he is on the campaign staff or not, but I do know that the man is very, very intelligent, and has been a very good friend and mentor to me.

Let things settle a bit and debates to get closer and Rubio will slowly pick up steem, he will win the nomination, he's in a great spot right now this far away from the election.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 01:29:14 PM »

Watch and see, go read my list of reasons why HE WILL BE the nominee.

In short there's one candidate with a clear path to 270 and its Rubio. Don't forget you lose florida and the election is OVER. Theres no realistic Path to 270 electoral votes.

You may say but Bush could win Florida. Yes he could, unfortunately for him the country simply isn't ready for another Bush president.

So what about Walker or Paul you may ask?!?! Unfortunately they don't appeal to enough voters in the country to realistically win 270 electoral votes. Also don't forget, they run an amazing campaigh and lose to Hillary in Florida by less than 1 percent or 2 that's it the election is OVER.

Republicans HAVE HAVE HAVE to win Florida for any path to 270 electoral votes. Hmmm a senator from Florida that's cuban I would say would be a good bet when all is said and done to win Florida.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 01:38:49 PM »

Seriously? Your kidding yourself if you don't think Cubans in Florida would overwhelmingly support Mr. Rubio over Ms. Clinton....not even a question about it.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 01:44:32 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2015, 01:49:21 PM by 2016election »

50 50 or a slight break his WAYYYYYY  is better than when Obama got what 70-80% of their vote? If Rubio can take 50% give or take of their vote (I think he does better, but for argument sake), he wins Florida and he will do better with Hispanics than any other candidate for so many reasons. Also, after Romney lost all the talk was about how poorly he did with Hispanics and if we can't begin to win more of that vote we have no chance. Wonder who that candidate is that could do better in that area?

Also in 2012 who did Republicans decide on; Romney, why? Because they thought he could win a general election, not a tea party nut job who would get smoked.

HMMM 2008 who was elected? Mcain, Why? Because he gave us the best shot to win a general election.

in 2004? Bush, someone who would do well with hispanics and wasn't a tea party nut job and he won. Guess why? Go look at how much of the hispanic vote he got...

Guess what? Once republicans sit down and say heck we've been out of the whit e house 8 years?!?!? Who would be the best matchup against Hilary??? We will see who they think has the qualities to beat her in a general...
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 01:57:19 PM »

50 50 or a slight break his WAYYYYYY  is better than when Obama got what 70-80% of their vote? If Rubio can take 50% give or take of their vote (I think he does better, but for argument sake), he wins Florida and he will do better with Hispanics than any other candidate for so many reasons. Also, after Romney lost all the talk was about how poorly he did with Hispanics and if we can't begin to win more of that vote we have no chance. Wonder who that candidate is that could do better in that area?

Also in 2012 who did Republicans decide on; Romney, why? Because they thought he could win a general election, not a tea party nut job who would get smoked.

HMMM 2008 who was elected? Mcain, Why? Because he gave us the best shot to win a general election.

Guess what? Once republicans sit down and say heck we've been out of the whit e house 8 years?!?!? Who would be the best matchup against Hilary??? We will see who they think has the qualities to beat her in a general...
Romney and McCain both faced significant opposition in the primaries, and indeed, both could have easily been defeated (and almost were). And Rubio can win Florida, I don't doubt that. But will he win OH and VA? And will he win WI, NH, or CO, which are the extra states needed to have a pathway to victory? I highly doubt that. Not this time around at least. 2020 or 2024 is a different story.

When the Republican bigwigs sit down and pick the strongest candidate, they will pick the next in line, like they literally always have. And that next in line, like him or not, is Jeb Bush.

While i Agree with a lot of what you said, I disagree this time. Most times would it be Jeb 100% but i think Republicans are ready for a change with the next in line. Also, Romney's guy is Rubio right now and will help him for all the reasons i posted above beat Jeb in a primary. Will he come straight out and say it yet? No and were not eve close to that moment.

Rubio can win Florida and if he picks Kasich as his VP he will have a legit chance in Ohio.

Colorado and Nevada are two states he would do great in. There is a path to 270 electoral votes for a Rubio/Kasich ticket.

No jeb Bush will not win if hes the nominee.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 02:43:40 PM »

Rubio/Martinez ticket and Nevada is in play, heck a Rubio/Kasich ticket could win there if they play their cards right.

Don't forget Rubio also grew up there for a part of his life. Nevada and Miami are his homes.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 02:58:15 PM »

Rubio/Martinez ticket and Nevada is in play, heck a Rubio/Kasich ticket could win there if they play their cards right.

Don't forget Rubio also grew up there for a part of his life. Nevada and Miami are his homes.
Are you going to be a Rubio hack until he drops out after he loses in Florida?

Because i listed the reasons why he has the best shot to win 270 electoral votes? I would love to see a path for any of the other nominees to win 270 votes required to win...

Bring up a map and lets see a path for paul, cruz, bush (Best shot) or walker
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 03:17:26 PM »

Because i listed the reasons why he has the best shot to win 270 electoral votes? I would love to see a path for any of the other nominees to win 270 votes required to win...

Bring up a map and lets see a path for paul, cruz, bush (Best shot) or walker
I don't think any of them has a particularly good path to 270.

I won't argue with that because I agree, simply believe Rubio has the best shot, simple as that.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies