BREAKING: Appeals court denies Trump administration request to reinstate ban (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:59:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Appeals court denies Trump administration request to reinstate ban (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Appeals court denies Trump administration request to reinstate ban  (Read 7398 times)
Trapsy

« on: February 09, 2017, 07:56:22 PM »

The Constitution is extremely clear that the President of the United States has the authority to do these things in the interests of national security.

Period. That isn't debatable. Remember, the Constitution is not an evolving document.

The EO was incompetently written. He has to rewrite it but the court ruled for political reasons. I agree with you the President has authority to ban travel in the interest of national security but the evidence doesn't support it.
Trapsy

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 08:14:22 PM »

If Trump was smart, he would redraft. Competence matters. I wouldn't be surprised if SCOTUS upheld this decision.
Trapsy

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 08:18:52 PM »

If Trump was smart, he would redraft. Competence matters. I wouldn't be surprised if SCOTUS upheld this decision.

Not along party lines either. I actually think some liberal justices understand that the Constitution is on the side of this decision.

You're missing the point. This EO affected legal permanent residents, the sloppiness just undercuts Trumps argument.
Trapsy

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 12:35:39 AM »

Of course he does. Carter did it, Obama did it. This is not a shocking thing, or against the law.

he does in general....not in such a bad-managed and illogical way.

The difference between Carter, Obama, and Trump. Two of them had expert lawyers that could draft lawful EOs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies