Iran has captured a British Tanker Ship (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 06:03:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Iran has captured a British Tanker Ship (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Iran has captured a British Tanker Ship  (Read 4078 times)
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« on: July 21, 2019, 04:45:33 PM »

I love how sad are people here that Iran is giving them reasons to dislike it. "Come on, murderous theocracy that murders gays, oppresses women, persecutes the opposition, starts wars, massively promotes terrorism against Innocents and threatens genocide! I want to like you!"

I get that you and other Israelis look at the Iran deal and both the European powers and the EU's stance on this as appeasing a theocratic, totalitarian state (and I recommended the post for it) but you've also got to understand their logic. The people in the EU especially have this perspective that free trade will generate an Iranian middle class capable of leading some sort of democratic revolution. Much more than the hawkish approach that seems to make Iranians (at least Persians) close ranks against the West. It's a debate worth having, even if I definitely don't subscribe to the idealism above, which is a pretty sh**tty cover for the fact that EU leaders litterally only care about preserving their citizens buying power and exporting their companies into new markets these days.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies