Fox News journalists kidnapped in Gaza
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:14:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Fox News journalists kidnapped in Gaza
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fox News journalists kidnapped in Gaza  (Read 825 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 14, 2006, 02:12:24 PM »

"2 Fox News Journalists Kidnapped in Gaza"

Palestinian gunmen ambushed a car carrying a Fox News crew in Gaza City on Monday and kidnapped two of the journalists inside, according to witnesses and Fox. "We can confirm that two of our people were taken against their will in Gaza," Fox News said in a statement.

A Fox employee in Gaza, who declined to give his name because he was not authorized to release information about the incident, said the two kidnapped people were reporter Steve Centanni, a U.S. citizen, and a cameraman from New Zealand.

The men, along with a bodyguard, were parked near the headquarters of the Palestinian security services when two trucks filled with gunmen pulled up and boxed them in, according to the employee. The gunmen took the two out of their sports utility vehicle, which was marked "TV," and drove away, he said.

(Cont...)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 02:15:50 PM »

Since they've now gone after US citizens we should do something about it. (Same thing if the person was from another network) There is the cease fire in Lebanon so maybe we can transfer what was happening there into Gaza!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 03:08:45 PM »

Ah man! He's one of my favorite fox reporters!
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 03:15:07 PM »

Since they've now gone after US citizens we should do something about it. (Same thing if the person was from another network) There is the cease fire in Lebanon so maybe we can transfer what was happening there into Gaza!

Are you saying attacks bombard Gaza, which is techinically part of Israel?  That would incite so much violence and what would you do?  Bomb any Palestitinian with a gun saying they classify as "Palestinian gunmen"?  Please, it would be more misguided than the attacks on Lebanon.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 03:23:25 PM »

Are you saying attacks bombard Gaza, which is techinically part of Israel?  That would incite so much violence and what would you do?  Bomb any Palestitinian with a gun saying they classify as "Palestinian gunmen"?  Please, it would be more misguided than the attacks on Lebanon.

Gaza is already being bombed by Israel, and has been for over a month now.  It just doesn't get the news coverage that Lebanon was receiving.  As far as it being a part of Israel (which I agree it is), the Palestinians think otherwise.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 03:34:57 PM »

Ah man! He's one of my favorite fox reporters!

Definitely. I remember his Hurricane Katrina coverage last year.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 04:39:36 PM »

Just to go along with what I said earlier, here is a current news report of Israel bombing a building in Gaza:

"Israeli airstrike hits building in Gaza"

An Israeli airstrike late Monday destroyed a house in the Gaza Strip, witnesses said. The Israeli military said the strike targeted a command center for the Islamic Jihad militant group but Palestinians said it was unoccupied.

Palestinian officials said the house had been evacuated two days before when Israeli officials called the residents and told them a strike was imminent. Four bystanders were lightly wounded in the attack, hospital officials said.

The Israeli military has been waging an offensive in Gaza since Hamas-backed militants captured an Israeli soldier in a June 25 cross border raid. They fight against Islamic militants expanded to a second front on July 12, when Hezbollah guerrillas in Lebanon captured two other Israeli soldiers in a raid.

The cease-fire that took hold Monday morning in southern Lebanon did not apply to Gaza. The ongoing fighting with the Palestinians did not seem likely to damage the truce in Lebanon, at least for now.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 06:33:06 PM »

The kidnapped journalists, their families, and their captors are in my thoughts and prayers, and I trust they are in yours, too.

The journalists for their safe release
The families for their comfort and their loved one's safe release.
The captors for a change of heart
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 09:32:37 PM »

As far as it being a part of Israel (which I agree it is), the Palestinians think otherwise.

So do the Israelis, the US, the UN and every other country in the world that does not recognize it as part of Israel.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 09:39:13 PM »

As far as it being a part of Israel (which I agree it is), the Palestinians think otherwise.

So do the Israelis, the US, the UN and every other country in the world that does not recognize it as part of Israel.

Actually it is not recognized as an independent state meaning that is has to be at least a protectorate of something else.  Independent states are granted membership status at the UN, but Palestine is not and are restricted to "observer".
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 11:36:10 PM »

where is Geraldo when you need him....

In all seriousness hope we cn get a speedy and peaceful release of the hostages.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies