Real-life equivalents of Atlasian "politicians" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:21:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Real-life equivalents of Atlasian "politicians" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Real-life equivalents of Atlasian "politicians"  (Read 6553 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« on: November 24, 2009, 11:20:06 AM »

Though I know just a little about the man (the wikipedia article was in French), something tells me DWTL is not as stylish or good looking as he:

Physically maybe not, but other than that, hey, could match...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 11:48:08 AM »

Pick some atlasians (past or present) and try to find the real-life politician who looks more like each one. You can choose politicians from any country.

Here is my list :

Hashemite : Pierre Mendès-France
Marokai : Nancy Pelosi or Dennis Kucinich
Hamilton : Richard Nixon (a manipulating crook with sane but changing political views)
Kalwejt : Lionel Jospin, for obvious reasons Tongue
DWTL : Rush Limbaugh, or Frédéric Lefebvre (an intellectually dishonest hack without any credibility and ridiculously proud of himself)
Keystone Phil : Silvio Berlusconi Grin
Fab : François fillon

I'll try to complete it later. Do your own ! Wink

Rush is a politician?

Lefebvre sin't really a politician too, in fact... .

Dunno if he sin't a politician but i know that he is a politician. We like it or not, he is one, he has responsibilities and tasks in that realm.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 11:55:22 AM »

He was deputy till very recently. And anyways he works for a political party, and more of that as spokesman, which is enough to be a politician. I might have missed something but has he also given up the spokesman job?
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 12:04:03 PM »

He was deputy till very recently. And anyways he works for a political party, and more of that as spokesman, which is enough to be a politician. I might have missed something but has he also given up the spokesman job?

My comment was 50%-ironical. Lefebvre, as Limbaugh, is here to speak and to give a voice to the stupidest and most caricaturally ideological ideas coming from his political side. Both speak and -fortunately- don't act. They let the others (Bush and the GOP for Limbaugh, Sarko and the UMP for Lefebvre...) the task to concretize most as possible the inanities they say.

Yep, but still, Limbaugh makes radio, Lefevbre is still the spokesman of the biggest political party in France, moreover the one in power, there is a gap.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 12:57:51 PM »

My comment was 50%-ironical. Lefebvre, as Limbaugh, is here to speak and to give a voice to the stupidest and most caricaturally ideological ideas coming from his political side. Both speak and -fortunately- don't act. They let the others (Bush and the GOP for Limbaugh, Sarko and the UMP for Lefebvre...) the task to concretize most as possible the inanities they say.

So what does this Lefebvre character do? What has he said that's so crazy?

Nah, keep cool, he is an angel compared to Limbaugh, actually. We're in France Grin.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 01:54:35 PM »

The French wikipédia told me why. Well physically we're not the same kind, but, other than that, eh, yes, why not. Though, politics is not for me.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 04:33:53 PM »

The French wikipédia told me why. Well physically we're not the same kind, but, other than that, eh, yes, why not. Though, politics is not for me.

You come off as a very nice and intelligent guy, though slightly shy and out of place in the disgusting world of politics. And perhaps with a difficulty to get your point across because the plebians are dumb.

I like it. Smiley

Though, for the last sentence, well i don't consider people dumb, just different. Believe it or not i'm honest by saying this...

It's just that sometimes they are f**kingly annoyingly different! There is a french I like a lot, pénible, according to the tone you give to this word, it can says a lot.

But well, must say it makes like them for this too sometimes, maybe a kind of masochism, dunno... And anyways I'm just one of these f**king humans.

I tend to think that if politics today is pretty upside down it could be because a lot of people who are in it are in the wrong place in the society. It works for all kinds of people (Bush, Palin, in France I'd also put Sarkozy among others, he should have remained a business lawyer, i would have nothing against him at this place), but also for all kinds of people on the left who think politics has to rule everything, and especially in France, which i don't think.

Maybe, that mister Dion should find an other place too, dunno... Anyways, if he can relieve that name, Dion, that's already a good thing.

Thanks anyways.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies