Turkey General Elections, 2007 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:05:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Turkey General Elections, 2007 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Turkey General Elections, 2007  (Read 10786 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« on: July 22, 2007, 02:16:12 PM »

Another regional. Diyarbakir (70.53% reporting):

BGMZ 47.56% (+46.21%)
AKP 41.78% (+25.82%)

Nobody else gets even 5%

For once, it seems, most Kurdish votes will not be wasted Smiley

Wouldn't this mean a lot of Kurdish votes (those for the BGMZ at least) would be wasted?  Although perhaps not a majority in Diyarbakir, if over 77.1% of the remaining 10.66% of the vote (or an additional 8.22% of the vote) went to the CHP, MHP or successful independent candidates.  It's interesting that fewer Kurdish votes have been wasted due to poorer performance of formal Kurdish parties.

To my knowledge this happens in every Turkish election. The reason the threshold is so high in the first place is mainly to keep the Kurds out iirc.

As you can well imagine, If I was Turkish there would no way I'd vote for any of the three parties which look like getting into Parliament...

Any idea on the Seat breakdown yet? AKP Majority or if not, Is a AKP-MHP coalition a possibility? (or at least a minority goverment..). This election has been a good example of the absurdity of having a 10% threshold (but we knew that already.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies