Canadian Election Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:06:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian Election Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian Election Results Thread  (Read 151145 times)
frihetsivrare
Volksliberalist

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -7.13

« on: May 03, 2011, 03:10:19 AM »

I can only feel sad to see the party of Pearson and Trudeau reduced to that.

Anyways, it's quite stunning to see how a dull and predictable election suddenly turned into a massive realignment. As I've said, Canada has extremely passionating politics, and has showed once again that nothing should be taken for granted there. Thank you Canada, please keep on thrilling us ! Smiley

Actually when Lester Pearson was opposition leader the Liberal Party was in nearly as bad a place as now.  In 1958 the Progressive Conservatives under John Diefenbaker won 208/265 seats, which is 78.5%.  But at least Pearson still won his riding and the Liberals retained official opposition status.

To add, I agree with your attitude about Canadian elections.  The coverage is especially great on the CBC; it's nowhere near as scripted and polished as American coverage.  Over the last few elections the numbers have been much more interesting, with more than two parties competing for seats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies